Bills currently tied for 3rd in Vegas odds to win Super Bowl

16 hours ago, snowbelt_subie said:

never understood that  baker mayfield is more brett farve than game manager you are basically saying he is andy dalton or cousins.  doesnt make much sense he is in a run first offense but that isnt his fault its just 2 ways of going about it.   

me personally i would rather have a balance offense than one that has no running game and passes every down.

I'd rather have an offense that scores points, so basically the Bills and not the Browns.

11 minutes ago, The Red King said:

We always complain about being underrated.  They got us pegged right IMHO.  Pass rush remains a concern and KC shredded us.  TB12 is a god when he's not pressured.  Third seems right.

And yet, even with the Bills pegged right, we seem to find things to complain about.  Can we not just be happy, or failing that, content?

I'm looking forward to the Bucs not being anywhere near the god tier team they are pegged to be.

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The way I look at it is nobody in their right mind would want Allen handing the ball off half the game. This isn't 1970. Running the ball is pretty much an analytically wasted play these days.

The fact that some think that's a good idea with Mayfield says all you need to know.

If Allen is handing the ball off half the game (or more), it means we are in firm control of the game and saving wear and tear on Allen for when he is really needed.  I'll take that every time.  

23 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Tied with SF at +1200. 

Behind the favorites KC at +450 and TB at +700.

Should be another fantastic year to be a Bills fan...

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-betting-big-bet-comes-in-on-tampa-bay-bucs-to-repeat-as-super-bowl-champions-141541137.html

we shall see.   game played on the field, not in Vegas... but yes, assuming they stay healthy at the key positions, should be a good one for sure

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

I'd rather have an offense that scores points, so basically the Bills and not the Browns.

well lets take a look at last season and playoffs common opponents

Balt   Bills 17   Browns 42

IND    Bills 27  browns 32

NyJ    Bills 18   Browns 16

KC      Bills 17/24  Browns 17

Tenn    Bills 16     Browns 41

Pitt    Bills  26   browns 24/ 48

Just Points

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, snowbelt_subie said:

well lets take a look at last season and playoffs common opponents

Balt   Bills 17   Browns 42

IND    Bills 27  browns 32

NyJ    Bills 18   Browns 16

KC      Bills 17/24  Browns 17

Tenn    Bills 16     Browns 41

Pitt    Bills  26   browns 24/ 48

Just Points

Ok, let's go beyond cherry picking

Yards  Bills 6,343     Browns 5,913

Points  Bills 501    Browns 408

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Ok, let's go beyond cherry picking

Yards  Bills 6,343     Browns 5,913

Points  Bills 501    Browns 408

Cherry picking common opponents?    that's the closest thing to head to head comparisons as you can get they are playing the same defenses.

2 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

If Allen is handing the ball off half the game (or more), it means we are in firm control of the game and saving wear and tear on Allen for when he is really needed.  I'll take that every time.  

We were in firm control of most of the games last year and he was still throwing.  The game has changed. Your thinking has not.

Edited by Big Turk

2 hours ago, snowbelt_subie said:

Cherry picking common opponents?    that's the closest thing to head to head comparisons as you can get they are playing the same defenses.

Anything can happen on any given Sunday. For example, the game against the Ravens happened during insanely high winds which neutered the passing game for both teams.

If what you're getting at is that the Browns have an offense that is as good or nearly as good as the Bills, you're objectively wrong in every way.

7 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Anything can happen on any given Sunday. For example, the game against the Ravens happened during insanely high winds which neutered the passing game for both teams.

If what you're getting at is that the Browns have an offense that is as good or nearly as good as the Bills, you're objectively wrong in every way.

you are acting like they are a top  5 offense and a bottom 5. You are also acting like you can cut and paste everything from last year to this year.

its not going to be the same for either team its a totally new year we dont really know until they start playing the games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, snowbelt_subie said:

you are acting like they are a top  5 offense and a bottom 5. You are also acting like you can cut and paste everything from last year to this year.

its not going to be the same for either team its a totally new year we dont really know until they start playing the games.

No, I think the Bills are top 2-3 and the Browns are probably 10-15, probably closer to 10.

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

No, I think the Bills are top 2-3 and the Browns are probably 10-15, probably closer to 10.

Don't forget the Browns played most of last year without OBJ and are getting him back in the mix now which could be scary alongside a top 5 rushing offense.

I think the biggest xfactor with the Browns is defense, on paper they certainly look elite especially the dline and secondary.

At this point I'm still not sure who's 2a and 2b behind the Chiefs when looking at the Bills and Browns.

23 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Don't forget the Browns played most of last year without OBJ and are getting him back in the mix now which could be scary alongside a top 5 rushing offense.

I think the biggest xfactor with the Browns is defense, on paper they certainly look elite especially the dline and secondary.

At this point I'm still not sure who's 2a and 2b behind the Chiefs when looking at the Bills and Browns.

I'll believe the impact of OBJ when I see it. Dude can't stay on the field.

10 hours ago, The Red King said:

We always complain about being underrated.  They got us pegged right IMHO.  Pass rush remains a concern and KC shredded us.  TB12 is a god when he's not pressured.  Third seems right.

And yet, even with the Bills pegged right, we seem to find things to complain about.  Can we not just be happy, or failing that, content?

I have spent almost 2 decades being disrespected for my football fandom- you don't change 2 decades of habits in 10 months.

18 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Browns are a potential really bad match up for the Bills, much like the Chiefs they have weapons all over the field…. Again, if Mayfield continues to improve wouldn’t surprise me to see the Browns with a 13-14 win season. 

I also feel this way and I still remember losing to them a few years ago when they had Freddy Kitchens as their head coach and thought that was the one terrible loss that kept us out of the division title picture towards the end of the season.

Also agree that Mayfield is the key because right now it's not really an argument in terms of whose better between him and Allen, but if Mayfield does get better the Browns instantly become a serious SB contender if they aren't already.

Either way we don't have them on the schedule and will only have the playoffs as a possible matchup with them. I'm curious to see what they do against the Chiefs in week one though because if they do go in their and smash them it might be very telling in terms of what the AFC landscape is going to look like in 2021.

40 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I also feel this way and I still remember losing to them a few years ago when they had Freddy Kitchens as their head coach and thought that was the one terrible loss that kept us out of the division title picture towards the end of the season.

Also agree that Mayfield is the key because right now it's not really an argument in terms of whose better between him and Allen, but if Mayfield does get better the Browns instantly become a serious SB contender if they aren't already.

Either way we don't have them on the schedule and will only have the playoffs as a possible matchup with them. I'm curious to see what they do against the Chiefs in week one though because if they do go in their and smash them it might be very telling in terms of what the AFC landscape is going to look like in 2021.

i expect the browns to lose week 1 against the cheifs.  Reid is a week 1 master and the browns will have pretty much a whole new defense they will need time to gel and will be alot better later in the year.