Who made Who in 2020? Allen vs Diggs

On 7/26/2021 at 12:25 AM, Inigo Montoya said:

How many times have you heard it in the media, if only Lamar had Diggs?  

I genuinely haven't heard many in the media say that. Most give a ton of credit to Allen & Diggs, saying how the both elevated each other's games or how they were the perfect pairing.

Ravens fans may claim that, but people always homer for their team. I can't even remember the amount of times people used to claim the same thing with Tyrod on these boards... People can deny it now, but the excuse "he just needs a better line/WR's/offensive coordinator/HC/etc." came up allllll the time.

Go back further, same things were said on the BBMB regarding Trent Edwards or JP Losman. Those guys never played as well as Lamar has, but it's just easier to blame ANYTHING ELSE over the guy you want to be the franchise QB.

• Like (+1) 1

I am pretty much against these types of questions, not because they shouldnt be asked but because in most situations its a mutualism.

Meaning that if you take any part by itself it is still functional but as part of the whole its becomes something greater.  (sumthing about parts being greater than wholes or soemthing like that).  Same with like any head coach and great QB, they are probably still successful apart but do not reach even near the heights they reach when together.  If people would stop looking to blame or praise just one person or one side and see that everything is connected and important no matter what the role in the system that is being filled, however large or small a part without each the whole thing eventually collapses or at least doesn't reach its full potential.  Its just that only the sith deal in absolutes. . .

Brown comes to buffalo.. Has a best career year

Beasley comes to buffalo Has a best career year

Diggs comes to buffalo.. Has a best career year

These WR's did their part.. no doubt.. but this kind of shows a trend and its a good trend... IF you want to come sign with Buffalo as a WR... 

expect to have career years here as long as you the WR does there Job. 

I think there's a clear reason why the Bills offense looks the way it does, and features a lot of come back routes.

Josh has a reputation of being a great running threat. DB's don't want to turn their backs on him because it makes it so easy for him to take off. They keep receivers in front of them and allow the comeback routes past the sticks frequently.

Diggs had scores of these catches last year, since the easiest open zone is the area you just ran through. Simply stop and come back.

Josh has the skill to hit these routes outside the hash with relative ease.

I think being forced to keep the receiver and Josh in the field of view because of the run threat is a huge disadvantage for opposing DB's, and really quick receivers like Diggs and Beas benefit, especially in scramble drill type plays.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1