Chandler Jones requests a trade

5 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I hope his brother fights Ngannou soon. 

That’s gonna be 🔥 

Jones gets my vote for best ufc fighter but Ngannous fists might be the most deadly

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Fantastic player.  A little old, and a lot expensive.  Would probably need to trade a 1st or 2nd, and Jerry Hughes to bring him in and pay him.  A long shot at best

I'm thinking a 3rd, Addison and one of OL that we would end up cutting anyways.

6 hours ago, nato7412 said:

He's one of the best DL in the NFL, he's gonna get probably 20 million a year and he deserves it. If Beane could make something work I think he could really put us over the edge. 

He does not fit.  The Bills play defense in waves trying to keep defense linemen fresh.  With amount of money he would demand he would need to be on the field all of the time and two defense linemen would need to be cut.

no idea if he fits in contract wise, but he'd be a huge addition to our team.  maybe only for a season or two (will say, the jones bros like to use drugs and party, but they just don't get that out of shape, they put in so much work when they are on the wagon that it tends to pull them through so he might have more longevity).  

i remember reading something about that kid w the african name taken 1st over all out of psu, monster athlete, smart and straight and narrow kinda golden boy, but some nfl front office thought that his lack of like chaotic mindset/temperament lead to him under performing his abilities in the NFL.  we have high strung houghs who brings juice all day, and ed oliver seems to have a motor too, throwing in jones as well might mean we always have a real tasmanian devil all though our rotation.  would love to see it.

47 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Addison and an OL wouldnt clear enough cap to bring him in.   They need to clear 10+ plus if the guy wants a new contract

Trading Addison alone clears more than 6.  Not saying they should, but they could fit him if they wanted.  The offense would pretty much be unstoppable.  

17 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

It's a win win situation for Beane to explore the possibility of a trade. One, to bolster the pass rush which was a big deficiency for the team. Two, the thought of bringing in a talented player with Rochester roots could help in the regionalization efforts the team is trying to develop. As a Bills fan, I'd love to see it happen just to put a middle finger up at Watt, Murray and Dhop 

That there is one EXPEN$IVE middle finger!

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, zonabb said:

Garbage. This is why sports are losing people, myself included. Don't confuse the replacement of older fans with newer younger fans. Growth is based on retention of existing fans and gaining new fans. Older fans with higher incomes are what the NFL wants but lose. Why? Because the league has moved away from the product on the field to more of an "entertainment" industry, replete with screaming morons announcers, analysts, and "personalities" who can't put together a rational, well-thought out take based on information and data and instead rely on trying to out talk and out yell everyone in the room. The in-person games are trash....last year was going to be my final one as a STH, but I didn't want it to end on a dead year. This is my last. The stadium experience sucks. 

But ultimately, these players are just unlikable. This Jones guy and every single player making stupid money on a contract wants to *check notes" rip up the contractual obligation they committed to and get more money. How about we let the owners do the same, tell players to eat a bag of &*@%! and stay home until they're ready to negotiate a lower contract after a year like this joker just had. 

Every player should play on one year deals, based on last season's performance. Oh wait, they don't want that kind of accountability because they want to be paid their full salary on off years when they underperform. 

I love the game, I hate every single other things about it...players, coaches, owners, the media, idiot fans (who murders someone over sports?). 

Bro, don’t let things get to you like this. If it angers you like this then I think u should A) Stop watching B) Mute the games

I hate a lot about the NFL too and it’s not the game it once was, but I still find it enjoyable.

This guy must be a nut job.  He was admitted to the hospital with a bad reaction to medical MJ.  Then he gets traded to Arizona for Jonathan Cooper who got cut by NE the same year and a second round draft pick.  The traded the second rounder for a third Joe Thuney (great player) and Malcom Mitchell (out of the league).  They had no idea that  Thuney would be any good, so they almost traded Jones for nothing.  Then he signs a massive contract, misses almost all of last year and wants more money.  What an idiot.  

• Agree 1

I just don't think Beane will go down this road.  If the money were a bit better and Jones was younger perhaps, but the Bills still have 3 young rushers that COULD turn out to be really good players.  I don't think OBD pays big $$ for a proven (but injured last year) player when they have that many developing options.  Maybe they all end up being busts and Jones has a Pro Bowl year.  My money is on Beane staying with what he has at this point - especially just before TC.  Maybe a big injury or 2 changes that thinking....

Again his performance last year before injury should give pause. The injury makes him a “no.”  Wanting more money makes him a “hell no.”

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2