Chandler Jones requests a trade

27 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Born Rochester grew up in Endicott.  He’s more Binghamton than Rochester.  

Yeah his bro the famous MMA fighter lives in Ithaca and his dad is a pastor in Binghamton.     They grew up and starred in sports in CNY.    Still,  relatively local.

It's a win win situation for Beane to explore the possibility of a trade. One, to bolster the pass rush which was a big deficiency for the team. Two, the thought of bringing in a talented player with Rochester roots could help in the regionalization efforts the team is trying to develop. As a Bills fan, I'd love to see it happen just to put a middle finger up at Watt, Murray and Dhop 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

It was all about winning a championship, ya know.

I suppose that's true if the Cardinals plan on playing the local retiree football team located there. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

He’s a Buffalo native IIRC, but I think our DL is all set.

Brother of Johnny Bones! Also Art Jones.

17 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

It's a win win situation for Beane to explore the possibility of a trade. One, to bolster the pass rush which was a big deficiency for the team. Two, the thought of bringing in a talented player with Rochester roots could help in the regionalization efforts the team is trying to develop. As a Bills fan, I'd love to see it happen just to put a middle finger up at Watt, Murray and Dhop 

I rather trade for JJ Watt.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

He realizes Kyler Murray is nothing more than a HailMurray.

He's becoming tired of when the first units scrimmage, KK always screaming "DON'T HURT THE LITTLE GUY!!!"

31 minutes ago, DJB said:

I suppose that's true if the Cardinals plan on playing the local retiree football team located there. 

Would be the time.  Mike Ehrmantraut has sadly passed on. (Tough old SOB...dirty, too!)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

2 hours ago, zonabb said:

Garbage. This is why sports are losing people, myself included. Don't confuse the replacement of older fans with newer younger fans. Growth is based on retention of existing fans and gaining new fans. Older fans with higher incomes are what the NFL wants but lose. Why? Because the league has moved away from the product on the field to more of an "entertainment" industry, replete with screaming morons announcers, analysts, and "personalities" who can't put together a rational, well-thought out take based on information and data and instead rely on trying to out talk and out yell everyone in the room. The in-person games are trash....last year was going to be my final one as a STH, but I didn't want it to end on a dead year. This is my last. The stadium experience sucks. 

But ultimately, these players are just unlikable. This Jones guy and every single player making stupid money on a contract wants to *check notes" rip up the contractual obligation they committed to and get more money. How about we let the owners do the same, tell players to eat a bag of &*@%! and stay home until they're ready to negotiate a lower contract after a year like this joker just had. 

Every player should play on one year deals, based on last season's performance. Oh wait, they don't want that kind of accountability because they want to be paid their full salary on off years when they underperform. 

I love the game, I hate every single other things about it...players, coaches, owners, the media, idiot fans (who murders someone over sports?). 

Get off my lawn!! GIF by Giphy QA

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, zonabb said:

Garbage. This is why sports are losing people, myself included. Don't confuse the replacement of older fans with newer younger fans. Growth is based on retention of existing fans and gaining new fans. Older fans with higher incomes are what the NFL wants but lose. Why? Because the league has moved away from the product on the field to more of an "entertainment" industry, replete with screaming morons announcers, analysts, and "personalities" who can't put together a rational, well-thought out take based on information and data and instead rely on trying to out talk and out yell everyone in the room. The in-person games are trash....last year was going to be my final one as a STH, but I didn't want it to end on a dead year. This is my last. The stadium experience sucks. 

But ultimately, these players are just unlikable. This Jones guy and every single player making stupid money on a contract wants to *check notes" rip up the contractual obligation they committed to and get more money. How about we let the owners do the same, tell players to eat a bag of &*@%! and stay home until they're ready to negotiate a lower contract after a year like this joker just had. 

Every player should play on one year deals, based on last season's performance. Oh wait, they don't want that kind of accountability because they want to be paid their full salary on off years when they underperform. 

I love the game, I hate every single other things about it...players, coaches, owners, the media, idiot fans (who murders someone over sports?). 

What year did multi year contracts start?  And yet you are still here “planning” your exit.  Lol

3 hours ago, zonabb said:

Please.

Let the owners do the same? They already can, every year, and every day. It's called cutting a player and it's an option for them every day.

I understand not wanting to hear this nonsense all the time, but the idea that the players are abusing those poor owners by asking for trades or holding out is just nonsense.

But more, there's a way out of your situation and it's the easiest thing in the world. Just unplug. Don't read the sports pages, don't follow the sports news. Don't come here. Just watch the games. Easiest thing in the world.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, zonabb said:

Garbage. This is why sports are losing people, myself included. Don't confuse the replacement of older fans with newer younger fans. Growth is based on retention of existing fans and gaining new fans. Older fans with higher incomes are what the NFL wants but lose. Why? Because the league has moved away from the product on the field to more of an "entertainment" industry, replete with screaming morons announcers, analysts, and "personalities" who can't put together a rational, well-thought out take based on information and data and instead rely on trying to out talk and out yell everyone in the room. The in-person games are trash....last year was going to be my final one as a STH, but I didn't want it to end on a dead year. This is my last. The stadium experience sucks. ..................

??? Stadium experience sucks in Buffalo? Why? I always loved it.

you don't hear all the "screaming morons announcers, analysts, and "personalities"' at the stadium. Good place to get away from them.