Chandler Jones requests a trade

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Unhappy with his contract… Yikes. Doesn’t he make like 20+ million a year there? How much is enough? 

15 mill a year, but it could be an issue with the years guaranteed in a new contract for all we know, he's a UFA in 2022.

He was supposedly holding out for a trade, then he reported, now he's requesting a trade again?

Even if we had the money, even if we hadn't drafted 3 DE's in the first two rounds over the past two seasons, even if we didn't tell Addison if he takes a paycut he can stay - he's 31 years old, switching teams, and coming off surgery in which he hasn't played in almost a full calendar year. 

For what it would cost in picks, money to keep him happy, and how our depth chart stands right now - no way.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Garbage. This is why sports are losing people, myself included. Don't confuse the replacement of older fans with newer younger fans. Growth is based on retention of existing fans and gaining new fans. Older fans with higher incomes are what the NFL wants but lose. Why? Because the league has moved away from the product on the field to more of an "entertainment" industry, replete with screaming morons announcers, analysts, and "personalities" who can't put together a rational, well-thought out take based on information and data and instead rely on trying to out talk and out yell everyone in the room. The in-person games are trash....last year was going to be my final one as a STH, but I didn't want it to end on a dead year. This is my last. The stadium experience sucks. 

But ultimately, these players are just unlikable. This Jones guy and every single player making stupid money on a contract wants to *check notes" rip up the contractual obligation they committed to and get more money. How about we let the owners do the same, tell players to eat a bag of &*@%! and stay home until they're ready to negotiate a lower contract after a year like this joker just had. 

Every player should play on one year deals, based on last season's performance. Oh wait, they don't want that kind of accountability because they want to be paid their full salary on off years when they underperform. 

I love the game, I hate every single other things about it...players, coaches, owners, the media, idiot fans (who murders someone over sports?). 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

7 minutes ago, zonabb said:

Garbage. This is why sports are losing people, myself included. Don't confuse the replacement of older fans with newer younger fans. Growth is based on retention of existing fans and gaining new fans. Older fans with higher incomes are what the NFL wants but lose. Why? Because the league has moved away from the product on the field to more of an "entertainment" industry, replete with screaming morons announcers, analysts, and "personalities" who can't put together a rational, well-thought out take based on information and data and instead rely on trying to out talk and out yell everyone in the room. The in-person games are trash....last year was going to be my final one as a STH, but I didn't want it to end on a dead year. This is my last. The stadium experience sucks. 

But ultimately, these players are just unlikable. This Jones guy and every single player making stupid money on a contract wants to *check notes" rip up the contractual obligation they committed to and get more money. How about we let the owners do the same, tell players to eat a bag of &*@%! and stay home until they're ready to negotiate a lower contract after a year like this joker just had. 

Every player should play on one year deals, based on last season's performance. Oh wait, they don't want that kind of accountability because they want to be paid their full salary on off years when they underperform. 

I love the game, I hate every single other things about it...players, coaches, owners, the media, idiot fans (who murders someone over sports?). 

Sports is literally gaining people 🙄

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, zonabb said:

WTF?

You know teams cut players that are under contract right?  Beane asked players like Addison and Morse to take pay cuts this past year, even though they had a signed contract. Do you even know what you are talking about?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, zonabb said:

You’re killin my buzz, man. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, klos63 said:

WTF?

You know teams cut players that are under contract right?  Beane asked players like Addison and Morse to take pay cuts this past year, even though they had a signed contract. Do you even know what you are talking about?

Nope. They are what they say they hate.