Davante Adams disgruntled with Packers

Adams and Rodgers both post a cryptic "last dance" photo of Jordan/Pippen on Twitter.

Adams has made it clear he has no interest in signing an extension, and will most likely be his last year in GB as he would be free to walk away and go wherever he wants.

My question: Does Zaddy Beane even pick up the phone to see what it would take to trade for the potential one year rental? (contract: 12.2 million)

PROS: a lethal WR1 to add to an already historic passing offense who has literally EVERYONE back from top to bottom (minus Smoke), might be the push we need to get passed KC in the AFC title game

CONS: expensive WR1 to an already crowded room with draft picks already used at the position, plus after next year he will want big $$

If it was me?

- Bills get WR Davante Adams (12.2 mil)

- Packers get WR Cole Beasley (4.7 mil), LB AJ Klein (4.1 mil), QB Jake Fromm (780K), 2022 Round 2 pick

- would leave us 1m over the cap so some restructuring would need to be done still

- packers also get LB insurance as Z'adarius Smith is also on board with Rodgers/Adams as clearly wanting out of town, plus Jake Fromm in case Rodgers really does sit out

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

I think the Packers resolve all this by just going for it with Rodgers and Adam’s for one last season. They basically let Adam’s know we will let you test free agency after this season and let Rodgers know if you play out this season we will trade you in 2022. 

It gives the Packers short term peace for 2021 and Rodgers and Adams know that they won’t be there long term. So I don’t see either on the trade market.

7 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

If it was me?

- Packers get WR Cole Beasley (4.7 mil), LB AJ Klein (4.1 mil), QB Jake Fromm (780K), 2022 Round 2 pick

- would leave us 1m over the cap so some restructuring would need to be done still

- packers also get LB insurance as Z'adarius Smith is also on board with Rodgers/Adams as clearly wanting out of town, plus Jake Fromm in case Rodgers really does sit out

Well, the Packers would have to actually WANT those players, and we won’t give up a 2nd round pick for a one year rental……. so don’t hold your breath.

Our WR room is already full of quality players. We don’t need another expensive guy, and we already have a one year rental. I’d pass unless it was stupid cheap, which it won’t be. 

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 3

That’s a terrible trade for Green Bay. I’m sure they can do better on value. There would be a lot of teams willing to pay. They’ve botched the situations but that’s an ugly trade for them. Older vets and a really late second rounder isn’t very good compensation. Teams like the Raiders or Colts or even Baltimore I would think could put together a much nicer package involving younger players and better picks 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Jordan and Pippen ??  lol

They have 6 rings together as a pair.  Rodgers and Adams have....zero point zero.

such morons.

They should have gone with this (for accuracy):

image.png.8efd48a6fe1ec96fd2557faee26b0be2.png

I feel like this is one of the best post I have seen in awhile. This is exactly how I feel. Get over yourselves. 

Seeing Tom Terrific refers to himself as MJ atleast has some merit even if it is vomit inducing. 

Rodgers should have shut up and worked his butt off after the way he choked in the playoffs. Instead, distraction distraction distraction. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I feel like this is one of the best post I have seen in awhile. This is exactly how I feel. Get over yourselves. 

Seeing Tom Terrific refers to himself as MJ atleast has some merit even if it is vomit inducing. 

Rodgers should have shut up and worked his butt off after the way he choked in the playoffs. Instead, distraction distraction distraction. 

Seeing you refer to him as Tom Terrific is vomit inducing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Well, the Packers would have to actually WANT those players, and we won’t give up a 2nd round pick for a one year rental……. so don’t hold your breath.

Our WR room is already full of quality players. We don’t need another expensive guy, and we already have a one year rental. I’d pass unless it was stupid cheap, which it won’t be. 

Im not saying this trade makes sense but a consideration on any round two pick for a rental is we would be ideally trading 60-something and if not signed would got 90-something as a comp. 

so trading back a year and a round, not just giving up a 2

1 hour ago, rayray808 said:

Adams and Rodgers both post a cryptic "last dance" photo of Jordan/Pippen on Twitter.

Adams has made it clear he has no interest in signing an extension, and will most likely be his last year in GB as he would be free to walk away and go wherever he wants.

My question: Does Zaddy Beane even pick up the phone to see what it would take to trade for the potential one year rental? (contract: 12.2 million)

PROS: a lethal WR1 to add to an already historic passing offense who has literally EVERYONE back from top to bottom (minus Smoke), might be the push we need to get passed KC in the AFC title game

CONS: expensive WR1 to an already crowded room with draft picks already used at the position, plus after next year he will want big $$

If it was me?

nice creative idea - drooling at the thought of Allen throwing to Adams and Diggs !

4 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Has anyone ever been gruntled with someone or something?

Unless you're constantly miserable. "Gruntled" is unpleasant to say, so we generally use "pleased" or "satisfied" instead.

Outside of their fans, is anyone happy with GBs management? It is starting to look like the answer is no or not likely…, 

5 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Has anyone ever been gruntled with someone or something?

Gruntling, is a lost art… 

• Haha (+1) 1

And to Iceberg: no, you are absolutely not allowed on the bandwagon once your team sucks for the next couple decades. go become the jets youre meant to be and quit trolling these boards. 

44 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I support Rodgers 100%. Green Bay has very little to show for between him and Favre. How is it you only have two Lombardis between two of the greatest QBs of all time? 

Yep, ***** GB. They mismanaged two all-time great QBs at back-to-back reigns. They deserve to suck for the next half century now so they learn their lesson. ***** that team. I hope they become the new ‘cold weather’ joke of the NFL. 

• Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

And to Iceberg: no, you are absolutely not allowed on the bandwagon once your team sucks for the next couple decades. go become the jets youre meant to be and quit trolling these boards. 

Yep, ***** GB. They mismanaged two all-time great QBs at back-to-back reigns. They deserve to suck for the next half century now so they learn their lesson. ***** that team. I hope they become the new ‘cold weather’ joke of the NFL. 

The team and their fanbase both deserve this. 

As for Rodgers, I hope he goes to Denver and the Bills beat the living ***** out of him in the playoffs every year. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1