Bills Sunday football. ‘92 AFC Championship Game Bills @ Dolphins

Watched this game at Grevey's (RIP) in Falls Church, VA with an SRO crowd...got talking to a guy standing next to me and found out he was the son of one of my favorite professors at Brockport.   As Steven Wright sez, "It's a small world...but I'd sure hate to paint it."

PS: I'd bet a dollar that Tom Olivadotti still wakes up in the middle of the night screaming Thurman Thomas' name.

Edited by Ned Flanders
  • Haha (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 2:36 AM, Utah John said:

The game was really decided earlier that that, when Bruce Smith broke through a block by the guard and sacked Marino immediately after a three-step drop.  Unbelievable quickness and acceleration by Bruce.  Marino was sketchy the rest of the game.

That was the book on Marino though. Smack him a couple times on the early series and he's JAG

That said, early on when he was going 5-for-6, those throws looked a lot like a certain QB currently on the Bills' roster...

Edited by Ralonzo

8 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

That was the book on Marino though. Smack him a couple times on the early series and he's JAG

That said, early on when he was going 5-for-6, those throws looked a lot like a certain QB currently on the Bills' roster...

Fromm?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/26/2021 at 1:38 PM, Ned Flanders said:

Watched this game at Grevey's (RIP) in Falls Church, VA with an SRO crowd...got talking to a guy standing next to me and found out he was the son of one of my favorite professors at Brockport.   As Steven Wright sez, "It's a small world...but I'd sure hate to paint it."

PS: I'd bet a dollar that Tom Olivadotti still wakes up in the middle of the night screaming Thurman Thomas' name.

Olivadotti is credited with the single best quote in our SB era, when he was asked ‘How do you stop Thurman Thomas?’:

Trade for him.

• Like (+1) 2

I was in Colorado on a ski vacation for this game. The only guy from Buffalo in a group of about 10. So stayed back to watch the game while everyone else is skiing. Everyone comes back later that afternoon after the game and sees me smiling with a drink in my hand and they say oh S?@t the Bills are back in the friggin Super Bowl again! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Re-watching that game reminded me that while we had a ton of star players, we also had a lot of really damn good football players like Hansen, Kenny Davis, etc...that never really got their due.

9 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

That drop by Duper early in the game near the sideline by the Bills 10 where Marino hit him perfectly in stride and he was open was a killer for them....they looked like they never recovered from that on offense

PS: I also forgot about a lot of those old commercials!  Those brought back some memories!

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/25/2021 at 6:58 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Kelly hurt in the season finale forced Reich into a starring role in the Greatest Comeback in NFL History, then followed up with a gutty Road win at Pittsburg. Jimbo returned for the Conference Championship at #1 nemesis Miami with a chance to make 3 straight SBs.

Enjoy!

This was such an excellent game plan by the Bills on offense to utilize the run and screen game.  I remember Kelly was not very sharp that game.

10 hours ago, JohnNord said:

This was such an excellent game plan by the Bills on offense to utilize the run and screen game.  I remember Kelly was not very sharp that game.

Yep excellent game plan. Kelly was coming back early from a pretty bad knee injury and could barely move or put any lower body into his throws. Thurman was the dolphin killer (and Kenny D contributed too!).