First trip to Buffalo

15 hours ago, Augie said:

Ummm, you are taking your family to Buffalo for an August 7th practice? Uh huh…. Where are you coming from? Is there another reason to be traveling? Or are you just having fun? With US?  :)

Eat the food, drink the beer, then send me a quality pizza and beef on weck. I’m too tired to look for the last thread. 

WAIT! Is this for real? Which thread came fist and who travels for practices? We went to a Bucs practice in Orlando because we were already there. It was almost interesting until we nearly died from the heat. 

Seriously?  Is THIS for real?  We’ve never been to Buffalo, but I guess that makes me less of a fan, huh?  Do I make fun of your vacations?

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Making my first trip to Buffalo for the August 7 practice. Taking the family. Any suggestions on where to get the best wings or food?

there are a ton of places for wings.

you also need to get a beef on weck sandwich.

there is a place I know thst does both on one plate. Weck sandwich, half order wings, fries

4 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

there are a ton of places for wings.

you also need to get a beef on weck sandwich.

there is a place I know thst does both on one plate. Weck sandwich, half order wings, fries

Where is that sir?

Goto Anchor bar, walk in check out the motorbikes near the ceiling -ohh and Aww,  take a deep breath and say I’ve seen the original.  Immediately do one of two things… walk the 10 min to Gabriel’s Gate for great wings and a funky time or drive to east aurora for the best wings and beef on weck and call it a night.  

enjoy your time in Buffalo!  It’s a great town with some awesome friendly folks

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Seriously?  Is THIS for real?  We’ve never been to Buffalo, but I guess that makes me less of a fan, huh?  Do I make fun of your vacations?

I’ve just never heard of anyone going to WNY for a practice. It’s NOT a question of fandom, it’s just unusual. But please feel free to make fun of my vacations, and why we don’t take more of them. I happen to be on an extended one, as my wife hit a birthday ending in a zero and she’s living out a mountain dream. 

I, like may people, go to WNY for games, but that is VERY expensive all in. If I was to take family to WNY, the practice would just be an afterthought. WNY is a great place to be in the summer! 

10 hours ago, cgang said:

Was at Bar Bill for EA Reunion weekend and it was great as always.  Wait times were crazy long for tables / might have better luck sitting at the bar.  They don’t take reservations (they have take out too but I don’t think it is as good as sitting there).

Different question:  I’m taking a friend from VA to the bills/wft game on Sept 26.  Never been to a game in the Fall.  Any suggestions on where to sit?  

Ummm, anywhere in the stadium?  Seriously, there are really no bad seats in the place.

4 hours ago, djp14150 said:

4 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Where is that sir?

Danny's does it, they call it "Taste Of Buffalo". 

58 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Applebee's is a national chain.   Kind of a waste to go there if  visiting Buffalo the first time?

I guess you don't read sarcasm.