Speculation that Aaron Rodgers will announce retirement (update - now indicates he plans to play for GB)

Funny thing is Pat Kirwan has been saying on MTC the smartest move was to give him more $ and let him walk after this year so the problem goes away.  GB was able to do it without more $, and AR gets to go where ever he wants.  Makes sense.

Im just glad we can stop hearing about this guy.  I’ve had enough.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

In actuality the contracts don’t seem to matter much to either party, as we have all repeatedly seen. Players forcing, raises, or trades, teams cutting or forcing pay cuts on players every season,  it’s all pretty farcical. In practical application the contracts aren’t worth the paper they are printed on when it comes right down to it. By the way I never brought up trades of any kind so I’m not certain what your point was with that, anyway it’s all just day time TV soap operas, and much fun to mock. 

Understood and completely agree.  Its ratings.  Way too much drama.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Funny thing is Pat Kirwan has been saying on MTC the smartest move was to give him more $ and let him walk after this year so the problem goes away.  GB was able to do it without more $, and AR gets to go where ever he wants.  Makes sense.

I feel like there may be similarities to how Brady’s last season/ contract played out with the pats. It was just a lot less public (more of a “rumor”)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like there may be similarities to how Brady’s last season/ contract played out with the pats. It was just a lot less public (more of a “rumor”)

I honestly don’t like the guy but happy we have him if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

He really can't go wherever he wants.  He's limited to the teams that would take him.  And few if any of those are as Conference Championship Game ready as the Packers.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But what about his game show hosting career?

I’m pissed! I’m out of here! I’m never watching The Price is Right again! 

He’s a strange dude. If he’s winning and my team is going deep with him at QB, I’m good with that. But I would NEVER like him the way people like Josh. I like both players, but I only like one person, as much as you can from a distance. 

Such a strange situation. I hope more QB's don't try the same thing with their organizations. Just do your job as a QB and don't believe that you deserve to have input on every single hire, draft pick, play call, etc. That's not your job.

I mean, I'll agree that the organization didn't always do the right thing to put Rodgers in a position to win, but if you have issues, deal with them in-house and discretely, not in interviews or with social media. I'm not a Brady fan, but he did those types of things the right way. I'm sure his exit from NE included a ton of behind-the-scenes drama that we'll never know the extent of.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He really can't go wherever he wants.  He's limited to the teams that would take him.  And few if any of those are as Conference Championship Game ready as the Packers.

Weo, basically the last cluple

of years it supposedly was quietly discussed between Kraft and Brady, he wanted a change in scenery so Kraft let his contract run out and Brady was sought after by several teams.  He chose Tampa and the rest…

This is what I’m referring to as Rodgers will be sought after by several teams.  It sounds similar to Brady what will happen with Rodgers.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree! I just don’t see Rogers side here? The Packers have bent over backwards for him even hiring the current coach keep him happy.. Also unlike Brady I don’t see him making steam go from 7-9 to SB champion with his leadership. 

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Weo, basically the last cluple

of years it supposedly was quietly discussed between Kraft and Brady, he wanted a change in scenery so Kraft let his contract run out and Brady was sought after by several teams.  He chose Tampa and the rest…

This is what I’m referring to as Rodgers will be sought after by several teams.  It sounds similar to Brady what will happen with Rodgers.

I heard Brady only got offered a contract by Tampa Bay and no one else.  (He was upset that SF didn’t offer him a contract I think he wanted to show Jimmy G how to WIN a SB again. Lol)

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Basically 1 final year in GB and he is outta there.

Which is the best way out of this situation for all parties concerned. 

Rodgers will still be motivated to do well because he will also be auditioning 

GB get a transition year and prepare plans for next year (backup to Love, bridge QB if required etc)

Other teams can plan their trades, financial, roster in preparation for the offer to Rodgers

If Rodgers doesn't play well or if the team is not winning enough , I won't be surprised if LeFleur benches Rodgers and goes with Love to see what they have/don't have 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

I agree! I just don’t see Rogers side here? The Packers have bent over backwards for him even hiring the current coach keep him happy.. Also unlike Brady I don’t see him making steam go from 7-9 to SB champion with his leadership. 

I heard Brady only got offered a contract by Tampa Bay and no one else.  (He was upset that SF didn’t offer him a contract I think he wanted to show Jimmy G how to WIN a SB again. Lol)

I’m assuming by you’re handle you’re a Pats fan so welcome to this board.  Any other fan who is polite to us is always welcome, and you guys had a great run the last 20 years.  Per Brady on his town hall on Sirius, there were other offers he wouldn’t consider.  I’m confident several other teams were interested in him, but Tampa made the best offer, and look at the talent on the Bucs.  Arians received exactly what he wanted in Brady.  He did the same thing with Palmer in AZ.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m assuming by you’re handle you’re a Pats fan so welcome to this board.  Any other fan who is polite to us is always welcome, and you guys had a great run the last 20 years.  Per Brady on his town hall on Sirius, there were other offers he wouldn’t consider.  I’m confident several other teams were interested in him, but Tampa made the best offer, and look at the talent on the Bucs.  Arians received exactly what he wanted in Brady.  He did the same thing with Palmer in AZ.

He’s been here for a decade, Dude