Speculation that Aaron Rodgers will announce retirement (update - now indicates he plans to play for GB)

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Meanwhile we've got the Giannis of the NFL in Josh

I like the comparison, not sure it’s a perfect one, but if Josh peaks in about 3 years while performing at great levels on the way there, I’m good w it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Maybe if they took Antoine Winfield with the first and a corner with the 4th that they traded up with they would have beaten the Bucs. 

we’ll never find out.  They only thing we know for sure:  jordan love did nothing to help them beat the Bucs.  A first and fourth rd pick may have.  

Maybe. But people fixate on them gambling a pick on the most important position in sport and completely fail to reflect on the numerous picks wasted on before and after. If there is any pick from this Green Bay top brass that deserves defending it is Jordan Love. Quarterback is too important not to have a plan in place when your guy is coming to the end. Otherwise you are the New Orleans Saints, the New England Patriots or the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Packers have botched a huge number of draft picks. Jordan Love is the most strategically logical decision they made in the draft in years. The Packers have been picking DBs and still sucking defensively for nearly a decade.

2 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Mitch T took less money to have a chance to reset his career by specifically playing for the Bills. Would be incredibly short sighted to trade him even for a 1st. Think about all these types of players they will be landing over the next 10 years that would vanish with one trade.

If you get offered a 1st for Trubisky (they won't). You trade him. No question about it.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe. But people fixate on them gambling a pick on the most important position in sport and complete fail the reflect on the numerous picks wasted on before and after. If there is any pick from this Green Bay top brass that deserves defending it is Jordan Love. Quarterback is too important not to have a plan in place when your guy is coming to the end. Otherwise you are the New Orleans Saints, the New England Patriots or the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Packers have botched a huge number of draft picks. Jordan Love is the most strategically logical decision they made in the draft in years. The Packers have been picking DBs and still sucking defensively for nearly a decade.

I agree.

The problem is that the organization has shortchanged Rodgers for a long time...........the Jordan Love pick wasn't an isolated incident.............it was just the latest non-effort to stock the cupboard for him.    

The Pats did that plenty with Brady over the years as well.........but they had the genius HC to overcome a razor thin group of weapons around TB12 for "most" of those years.    But some of the years they didn't win a SB.........was basically only because their skill players around Brady just weren't good enough.    

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe. But people fixate on them gambling a pick on the most important position in sport and completely fail to reflect on the numerous picks wasted on before and after. If there is any pick from this Green Bay top brass that deserves defending it is Jordan Love. Quarterback is too important not to have a plan in place when your guy is coming to the end. Otherwise you are the New Orleans Saints, the New England Patriots or the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Packers have botched a huge number of draft picks. Jordan Love is the most strategically logical decision they made in the draft in years. The Packers have been picking DBs and still sucking defensively for nearly a decade.

If you get offered a 1st for Trubisky (they won't). You trade him. No question about it.

I get it.  I really do.   Potentially keeping their franchise stacked @ the most important position in sports meant more to them than giving themselves their best shot at winning the super bowl.  It really may have cost them that title.  

I also get that drafting him caused this predicament. Rodgers and his diva attitude has been in play for 15 years.  No one is shocked that this is taking place are they?  They knew there was a chance that the drafting of Love would lead to this.  Might be time for Mr Love to step up and make the FO look good.  Or terrible

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I agree.

The problem is that the organization has shortchanged Rodgers for a long time...........the Jordan Love pick wasn't an isolated incident.............it was just the latest non-effort to stock the cupboard for him.    

The Pats did that plenty with Brady over the years as well.........but they had the genius HC to overcome a razor thin group of weapons around TB12 for "most" of those years.    But some of the years they didn't win a SB.........was basically only because their skill players around Brady just weren't good enough.    

Exactly. The Packers have made lots of mistakes. It is just that Jordan Love wasn't one, even if he turns out not to be the guy. Strategically it was the right move. The idea that they are "a defensive back or two away" has prevailed in Green Bay for way too long. To never have given Aaron a first round skill player in his time is a failure. But the fixation on the Love pick makes no sense.

12 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Mitch T took less money to have a chance to reset his career by specifically playing for the Bills. Would be incredibly short sighted to trade him even for a 1st. Think about all these types of players they will be landing over the next 10 years that would vanish with one trade.

So, are you saying you wouldn’t trade him even for a 1st? MT will look fine standing on the sidelines in a Bills uni, but if we can get a 1 or 2 for a back up player, like I said, “run!”

Well!!??? 

it’s next week…., time to 💩 or get off the pot Aaaronnn, 😁

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Well!!??? 

it’s next week…., time to 💩 or get off the pot Aaaronnn, 😁

I doubt very highly the poo dam breaks.  Its a ploy.   Every owner dealing with crap like this from players needs to stand their ground.   This should not be something that the NFL allows as a precedent.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I doubt very highly the poo dam breaks.  Its a ploy.   Every owner dealing with crap like this from players needs to stand their ground.   This should not be something that the NFL allows as a precedent.

Way to late for that, that ship sailed a long time ago,  the working class rightfully so, does not trust the corporate class, it’s just the anti democracy capitalist suck ups who get upset when an individual dares to exercise power 😁👍

• Disagree 1

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Speculation that Aaron Rodgers will announce retirement (update - now indicates he plans to play for GB)
32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ok then 

A deaf, dumb and blind man could have predicted this.  Last year it was Russell Wilson, this year it was Rodgers.  QBs are tired of the WRs getting all the diva points..

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

A deaf, dumb and blind man could have predicted this.  Last year it was Russell Wilson, this year it was Rodgers.  QBs are tired of the WRs getting all the diva points..

This year it was Russell Wilson too.   It was the same year.   Everyone and their mother predicted at least 11 QBs would change teams.  Clickbait.

47 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Way to late for that, that ship sailed a long time ago,  the working class rightfully so, does not trust the corporate class, it’s just the anti democracy capitalist suck ups who get upset when an individual dares to exercise power 😁👍

An individuals power, especially when they are under contract is an illusion.  The only way they have power is if ownership caves.   Rodgers' wont have power until 2024, when he is 41 years old.  Unless he stinks before then.  I am not sure who in their right mind thought the Packers were going to trade the guy and take a 22 million dollar cap hit.  It would have been idiotic.

Edited by thenorthremembers