Speculation that Aaron Rodgers will announce retirement (update - now indicates he plans to play for GB)

26 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

According to a business site, his net worth is 241,000,000. Green Bay has been pretty good to him. 

Plus he’s marrying a Hollywood actress, it’s not about the money 

Edited by YoloinOhio

20 hours ago, Warcodered said:

are there limitations on his retiring like he can't come back immediatly afterwards to be traded by Green Bay if he does this to show he isn't bluffing?

Idk, ask his predecessor. Didn't Favre retire like 4 times?

19 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Well retiring is sort of like bankruptcy. You can say it, but saying doesn't mean anything, you have to actually file paperwork so Aaron Rodgers can say anything he wants out loud, until he files paperwork he's not retired.

Season 4 Episode 6 GIF by The Office

Afaik there are no papers to file. The CBA doesn't cover "retirement". You just stop playing.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

The lions? Now that’s a bold prediction. Wonder if you’ll get as many eye rolls as my comment that GB can still be good and win the division without Rodgers 😂

You asked for it, you got it 😃

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Oh, so you believed in Jordan Love so much that you took a QB in the 1st round instead of getting your HOF QB some help, so why is it that they’re scared to let Love play then? 

The Jordan Love pick may have pricked Aaron's thin skin but it is not the reason the Packers didn't make the Superbowl. It was all the garbage DBs they have wasted previous 1st and 2nd round picks on who got torched. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I usually don't care much and just let these things play out but I got to admit this whole thing is getting pretty childish.

Not much on the care meter here either, only that I enjoy other teams experiencing turmoil, especially at important positions, ie; HC, QB, CB etc etc… 

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Not much on the care meter here either, only that I enjoy other teams experiencing turmoil, especially at important positions, ie; HC, QB, CB etc etc… 

Well if we are going down THAT road then I will admit I get some pleasure from this regarding Green Bay and it's fans after 2 HOF QBs in a row.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Seems like his best bet is to have migraines all camp long and then pull a hammy the week before the season, collect his check and screw the pack all at the same time.

He seems classy enough to do that.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well if we are going down THAT road then I will admit I get some pleasure from this regarding Green Bay and it's fans after 2 HOF QBs in a row.

I especially find joy in the other teams in the AFCE having issues along these lines, I so wish the jets had kept Gase, and that they worked out a deal with the fins to coach both teams…, I know, I’m just being greedy now… 😂 just imagine Mr velocity (Tua) with Gase as his HC, 😂😆, I’m just out of control now…, 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Jordan Love pick may have pricked Aaron's thin skin but it is not the reason the Packers didn't make the Superbowl. It was all the garbage DBs they have wasted previous 1st and 2nd round picks on who got torched. 

Maybe if they took Antoine Winfield with the first and a corner with the 4th that they traded up with they would have beaten the Bucs. 

we’ll never find out.  They only thing we know for sure:  jordan love did nothing to help them beat the Bucs.  A first and fourth rd pick may have.  

10 hours ago, CSBill said:

If they offered a 2nd, take it and run like you stoled something. A 3rd, have to think it? How far along is Fromm? Would you trust Davis Webb? If you think either of them could pinch hit, okay, take it. If not, hold out for more. 

Mitch T took less money to have a chance to reset his career by specifically playing for the Bills. Would be incredibly short sighted to trade him even for a 1st. Think about all these types of players they will be landing over the next 10 years that would vanish with one trade.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1