Speculation that Aaron Rodgers will announce retirement (update - now indicates he plans to play for GB)

10 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Theoretically if this happens, what's he worth to another team? And what's he worth to us. Now that he's here I think he's an important piece to have. I feel like there would be a huge price valuation difference between us and any other team.

Would you take a 3rd? Would be great return on a 1 yr player, but is it worth exposing your seasons insurance policy? Tough call here.vi think I'd say no to a 4th, 3rd I'd be torn on, would take a 2nd, but hard to picture anyone paying that

no ones paying a 4th either

23 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He was annoying a long time ago.

I tell my kids all the time, if you dont like everyone around you, maybe the problem isnt everyone else.

Yep. Don't me wrong Green Bay are not blameless. But Rodgers has to take responsibility too.

10 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Theoretically if this happens, what's he worth to another team? And what's he worth to us. Now that he's here I think he's an important piece to have. I feel like there would be a huge price valuation difference between us and any other team.

Would you take a 3rd? Would be great return on a 1 yr player, but is it worth exposing your seasons insurance policy? Tough call here.vi think I'd say no to a 4th, 3rd I'd be torn on, would take a 2nd, but hard to picture anyone paying that

If they offered a 2nd, take it and run like you stoled something. A 3rd, have to think it? How far along is Fromm? Would you trust Davis Webb? If you think either of them could pinch hit, okay, take it. If not, hold out for more. 

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

What's worse would be the Green Bay fanbase storming the Packers' offices:

image.thumb.jpeg.51dbf5a4f8a5543b7daed7c1cea60aae.jpeg

Make sure we get a few cases of Cheesehead hats for TSW members!

I just watched this the other day, great stuff:

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Interesting how the Packers landed two superstar QBs in a row, each of them won a single Super Bowl, and both attempted to weasel themselves out of Green Bay - one successfully and one in progress.

Both seemed pretty likeable at first. Then the weaseling began.

Both times the team was weaseling just as hard as the QB.

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, H2o said:

The Packers were 8th in the NFL rushing last year. Even if they were 1st it wouldn't make up the difference. They're probably an 8-9 team at best, probably more 6-11 or 7-10, this year without him. 

Why did they have to add a 17 game season? It’s totally messing up my equilibrium. 😡

14 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I can’t agree on that. Love would have to be Nate Peterman bad which is possible but unlikely. Given how weak their division is I think they could still win it this season without Rodgers. 

I think the Lions take the North, but I can see the Pack get the Wildcard if Love can have a RG3 type rookie year. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think the Lions take the North, but I can see the Pack get the Wildcard if Love can have a RG3 type rookie year. 

The lions? Now that’s a bold prediction. Wonder if you’ll get as many eye rolls as my comment that GB can still be good and win the division without Rodgers 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He was annoying a long time ago.

I tell my kids all the time, if you dont like everyone around you, maybe the problem isnt everyone else.

I don't discriminate.....I hate everyone equally ;) 

11 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Who's out there we could plug in @ #2 still? Maybe Barkeley? Couldn't beat a third and a guy that knows the offense already

I’m not sure why they got rid of Barkley in the first place? He had a winning record as our backup + he was so stylistically different from Allen that I feel it threw opposing defenses off a bit when they prepared for a totally different QB all week.

I’m not against the Trubisky move. I just thought Barkley proved his worth quite a few times. I don’t think it’s because Barkley got “beat,” they just wanted to move in a different direction. I’m on board w/ whatever this regime does because they have my full trust. I just don’t understand the logic behind it.

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

The lions? Now that’s a bold prediction. Wonder if you’ll get as many eye rolls as my comment that GB can still be good and win the division without Rodgers 😂

Call me crazy, but I think Goff is the guy to get them there. I like their new coach Dan Campbell also and feel like he will bring in the innovative offense from New Orleans and put Goff more in a “point guard” role much like his early days in LA. FYI, your prediction is perfectly reasonable. We aren’t talking about the Jets here. 🤫

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Call me crazy, but I think Goff is the guy to get them there. I like their new coach Dan Campbell also and feel like he will bring in the innovative offense from New Orleans and put Goff more in a “point guard” role much like his early days in LA. FYI, your prediction is perfectly reasonable. We aren’t talking about the Jets here. 🤫

You’re Crazy!

• Haha (+1) 1