Speculation that Aaron Rodgers will announce retirement (update - now indicates he plans to play for GB)

The one time I can remember that I want to see BOTH the player and team eat **** at the same time. Rodgers handled this like a b word through the media, but the team felt like they went outta their way to spite him going corner rd1 too. He's been top 2 in the league for how long??? Give the man some concessions

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

I hope he does, then after Love bombs out, we can trade them Trubisky, he knows the NFC Central.

Theoretically if this happens, what's he worth to another team? And what's he worth to us. Now that he's here I think he's an important piece to have. I feel like there would be a huge price valuation difference between us and any other team.

Would you take a 3rd? Would be great return on a 1 yr player, but is it worth exposing your seasons insurance policy? Tough call here.vi think I'd say no to a 4th, 3rd I'd be torn on, would take a 2nd, but hard to picture anyone paying that

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TBBills said:

I hope he decides something b.c he is getting annoying.

I've lost a lot of respect for him. There was always something a little off-putting about his personality, but the fact that he was a great QB made it easy to overlook.  But the way he is dicking the franchise, and more specifically Packer fans, is really a turn off. Whether he retires or not, it seems like he is going out of his way to burn the team down with him.  He just comes off a smug, jerk.  Ironically, politically, I am probably much closer to Rodgers that Favre... but I find Favre's dopiness much easier to look past.  

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Theoretically if this happens, what's he worth to another team? And what's he worth to us. Now that he's here I think he's an important piece to have. I feel like there would be a huge price valuation difference between us and any other team.

Would you take a 3rd? Would be great return on a 1 yr player, but is it worth exposing your seasons insurance policy? Tough call here.vi think I'd say no to a 4th, 3rd I'd be torn on, would take a 2nd, but hard to picture anyone paying that

I would take a 3rd, because that pick would be pretty close to a 2.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

It must be a thing with GB quarterbacks. Although when Favre did the whole 'I'm retiring, no I'm not' thing I was never bothered by it. Favre (just above Barry Sanders) is probably my favorite player of all time because I just loved watching him play, never felt that way about Rodgers, despite his talent

Rodgers is the Floyd Mayweather of quarterbacks. Kind of boring, but definitely one of the best to do it. Brett Favre had a lot of fun playing and that just made him a more fun player to watch. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Who's out there we could plug in @ #2 still? Maybe Barkeley? Couldn't beat a third and a guy that knows the offense already

Maybe Jake Fromm, I’m not ready to write him off yet without even seeing him.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

are there limitations on his retiring like he can't come back immediatly afterwards to be traded by Green Bay if he does this to show he isn't bluffing?

The packers will hold his rights  for life

21 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I've lost a lot of respect for him. There was always something a little off-putting about his personality, but the fact that he was a great QB made it easy to overlook.  But the way he is dicking the franchise, and more specifically Packer fans, is really a turn off. Whether he retires or not, it seems like he is going out of his way to burn the team down with him.  He just comes off a smug, jerk.  Ironically, politically, I am probably much closer to Rodgers that Favre... but I find Favre's dopiness much easier to look past.  

We actually don't know what are the real problems with the Packers and Rodgers...

He is probably holding out for a Trade....get it done

He is probably holding out for new contract....some of these young pups are making 40+M while he is doing 30 aafter a MVP season.....get it done

He is probably holding  out because he doesn't believe in this coaching staff...may be he is asking for replacements....

26 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The packers will hold his rights  for life

We actually don't know what are the real problems with the Packers and Rodgers...

He is probably holding out for a Trade....get it done

He is probably holding out for new contract....some of these young pups are making 40+M while he is doing 30 aafter a MVP season.....get it done

He is probably holding  out because he doesn't believe in this coaching staff...may be he is asking for replacements....

it sounds like his big beef is with the GM. At his age, he only has a limited number of years left...he, and the team, can't just throw a season down the toilet, because he is being a moody prick. His apathetic attitude toward the 2021 Packers seems to have rubbed off on Devante Adams, who has suddenly broke off negations with the team on a contract extension.  He and Rodgers both posted "Last Dance" messages on their twitter accounts last night...with pictures of Jordan & Pippen.  Just  a ***** way to treat your fans. They are 4 or 5 days from starting their season, and they don't even know who their QB is going to be.   It doesn't seem to be about money, or a contract...it almost seems like AR just feels like he is too good to be "stuck" in Green Bay.  Like I said, it just rubs me the wrong way, particularly as it pertains to Packers fans.  We all know how invested hardcore fans are into this stuff.  It is a little late to make a trade of the magnitude this would require, though I have no doubt a team like Denver would make it work if they had to.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I would not trade trubisky for draft pick(s). only for a player that could help us this year. he is too valuable an insurance policy 

Edited by ticketssince61

Retiring doesn’t fix his problem.  He can do it to force a trade, but GB has his rights so if he wants to unrefined, GB still has the power over him.  Seems silly to me.

Im in agreement I’m sick of him.  Makes me appreciate Josh that much more.  Aaron has been a whiner for a long time.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

What an epic disaster this would be for the packers if he did retire.   

What's worse would be the Green Bay fanbase storming the Packers' offices:

image.thumb.jpeg.51dbf5a4f8a5543b7daed7c1cea60aae.jpeg

8 hours ago, Rico said:

I hope he does, then after Love bombs out, we can trade them Trubisky, he knows the NFC Central.

Make sure we get a few cases of Cheesehead hats for TSW members!

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, TBBills said:

I hope he decides something b.c he is getting annoying.

He was annoying a long time ago.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

ARod wanted a new front office

ARod wanted a new coach

ARod doesn't like this front office or this coach. To an extent he reaps what he sows. 

I tell my kids all the time, if you dont like everyone around you, maybe the problem isnt everyone else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1