Former Wyoming WR discusses Josh Allen in college

Talks about his leadership, how he helped Wyoming players believe in themselves, how the people that were with him knew the accuracy issues were overblown, and how the collarbone injury impacted Josh in a positive way. Starts at 38:45 It goes for 11 minutes on Josh and then he talks about IMG Academy where he coaches the rest of the way.

Some will find it a waste of time .. I enjoyed hearing the perspective of someone who knew Josh when as he states "Josh was just Josh, not Josh Allen superstar QB"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Putin said:

I’m sure Bean did his homework and that’s why we got the right Josh 

100% - I'm thinking that it was Josh's personality traits that attracted Beane and Co. the most. Of course I'm sure the howitzer arm and overall strength of a bull didn't hurt, either. 😄

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

His trying 2017 college season after a breakout 2016 campaign contributed to making him the leader he is today.

That’s super overlooked, too!  The ones that go on to win, definitely seem to overcome some sort of early adversity.  Allen has done it collegiately and at the pro level.  I think we have something extremely special in this young guy.  And I say that having been firmly in the “wrong Josh” camp.  Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go wash that Rosen stink off my soul.

Edited by Frat-Train
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Talks about his leadership, how he helped Wyoming players believe in themselves, how the people that were with him knew the accuracy issues were overblown, and how the collarbone injury impacted Josh in a positive way. Starts at 38:45 It goes for 11 minutes on Josh and then he talks about IMG Academy where he coaches the rest of the way.

Some will find it a waste of time .. I enjoyed hearing the perspective of someone who knew Josh when as he states "Josh was just Josh, not Josh Allen superstar QB"

Good find, Thanks

Thanks. Good find. Josh’s public persona vs his football persona are interesting to me. In public his image is the guy a gal wants to take home to meet her parents. On the field, according to Peters of Baltimore, Josh is one of the biggest trash talkers he plays against. Peters goes on to say that its all  done in a way that he enjoys the contest but Josh is a real yapper.