Ass't Coaches: Rick Dennison (MN) and Cole Popovich (NE) out after refusing vaccine

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

I haven’t read all of this, but I do want to commend everybody on getting 9 pages deep. Better than expected!   :)

And better yet, it appears that people can’t comment on Beasley, Diggs, Hughes, Feliciano, etc. without being shut down—despite the fact that it’s precisely the only issue animating most Bills fans outside of this particular forum right now. To be fair, I am partly speaking for the lady Bills fans, who among the ones that I know (most of my Bills fan friends, truth be told) have talked about this with me incessantly over the last couple weeks. But hey, let’s pretend everything is OK and focus on Dane Jackson’s progress! Of course, this board is a 100 percent sausage fest since Lori left years ago. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

And better yet, it appears that people can’t comment on Beasley, Diggs, Hughes, Feliciano, etc. without being shut down—despite the fact that it’s precisely the only issue animating most Bills fans outside of this particular forum right now. To be fair, I am partly speaking for the lady Bills fans, who among the ones that I know (most of my Bills fan friends, truth be told) have talked about this with me incessantly over the last couple weeks. But hey, let’s pretend everything is OK and focus on Dane Jackson’s progress! Of course, this board is a 100 percent sausage fest since Lori left years ago. 

Yeah.... but did you know that Gabe Davis is generally a good guy?

Edited by Doc Brown

15 hours ago, SWATeam said:

My understanding is that forfeit only comes into play if outbreak is among unvaccinated.

WTF is the difference?

14 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

But are your buttocks sublime?

image.thumb.jpeg.82552e8793d79151672d7192459b3f92.jpeg

No they are Panther Pink...the green shirtless guy has the Sublime buttocks ;)

(These are Dodge Mopar colors you can get your Challenger in )

14 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Looks like he needs that new contract to buy the girl some clothes LOL

She doesn't need any from my point of view ;)

WOW :)

14 hours ago, london_bills said:

Hey, did you start taking this more seriously at a particular age? I've lost motivation in recent years to be healthy and eat well. In my 40s now and my motivation has gone to s***

Wrong time to let yourself go.

Just eat right and go for walks 

11 hours ago, Chaos said:

At some point one of the NFL teams should rename itself the Sheep.  They will instantly be the most popular team in the USA. Merchandise sales would soar. 

They are called the Rams...large sheep....their cheerleaders are the Ewes...female sheep ;)

15 hours ago, SWATeam said:

My understanding is that forfeit only comes into play if outbreak is among unvaccinated.

Now why did I immediately wonder how Belichick would exploit this, whether it happened to the Patriots, or it happened to their opponents. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Now why did I immediately wonder how Belichick would exploit this, whether it happened to the Patriots, or it happened to their opponents. 🤔

Send them all (opponents) a case of covid 19 times Short Cut SB ;) 

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He may "coach without direct in-person contact with either the players or his fellow coaches by not getting the vaccine, per NFL COVID-19 protocols."

Sure. But why would any team want that dynamic? It makes no sense. 

7 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Sure. But why would any team want that dynamic? It makes no sense. 

the point is he didn’t have to be fired.  We know of only 2 coaches in the NFLfired for this. You say those are the only 2 unvaccinated staff in the league?

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

the point is he didn’t have to be fired.  We know of only 2 coaches in the NFLfired for this. You say those are the only 2 unvaccinated staff in the league?

No, I didn't say that, you did.  I never brought up the prospect of unvaccinated staff, which irrelevant to the discussion about the Vikings' policy.  

Now you state Dennison "didn't have to be fired."  Of course needed to be fired. The Vikings made a very rational decision that it would not put the team's prospects at risk by having unvaccinated coaching staff.  They made clear if staff did not comply, they would be terminated.  No different than any other conduct that could be detrimental to the team. 

51 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

From all reports, yes. And if there are others, they are likely being given their last chance after they see how serious the league is taking it, and will also soon find themselves no longer employed by the NFL.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.... but did you know that Gabe Davis is generally a good guy?

Let's not bicker and argue about who might spread a debilitating virus to the team that leads to one or more forfeits! On the eve of a new season this should be a happy occasion! Why I heard Felciano is a fun guy who enjoys a good party and spreading harmful misinformation about COVID!  Sorry, sorry, back to trivial topics . . .

24 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Let's not bicker and argue about who might spread a debilitating virus to the team that leads to one or more forfeits! On the eve of a new season this should be a happy occasion! Why I heard Felciano is a fun guy who enjoys a good party and spreading harmful misinformation about COVID!  Sorry, sorry, back to trivial topics . . .

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.  Regardless, it's not ideal to have players on the same team argue about vaccines on a social media platform when we were told this would be handled in house.  I'm not going to just brush aside the negative impact this could have on our team going into the season.  Especially if we're talking forfeits then it's absolutely fair game for McBeane to cut marginal players that aren't vaccinated.  Same goes for making a tough decision for a guy on a mission at slot WR if it comes to that.

15 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Let me point out to you that a brief search might locate a thread where various Bills on twitter were *gasp*  actually being discussed here

We recently had a 75 page long thread about Cole Beasley's view which gathered 1,426 replies and in which every conceivable aspect of the situation was discussed again...and again...and again.  There's even some discussion of Beasley, Diggs, Hughes, Feliciano on Twitter upthread!

A lot of people's idea of discussing Beasley, Diggs, Hughes, Feliciano on Twitter is to insert their information or misinformation, general opinions,and beliefs about covid-19 and/or politics into the discussion, which we're requested to stay out of:

Policing this places a pretty large burden on the mods, since people can not or will not restrain themselves and then of course, get all fluffy about it. 

Failing to police this degrades this FOOTBALL board into a Covid and Politics Sewer PDQ as was demonstrated last summer - the reason this rule was implemented.

Discussing other football relevant topics, including light-hearted ones, is something this board is intended to do whether or not Beasley on Twitter is being discussed.  Describing said discussions as "pretending everything is OK" seems egocentric to me ("only the discussion I wish to engage in counts as football discussion, everything else is just Ostrich-Town"), but Hey - You do You.

If the above does not satisfy you, since you seem vastly familiar with the "issues animating most Bills fans outside of this particular forum", may I respectfully suggest that the venues where said discussion is taking place might better suit your Bills discussion needs, at least on this topic?

58 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Nice Sar Chasm.  See above.

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

No, I didn't say that, you did.  I never brought up the prospect of unvaccinated staff, which irrelevant to the discussion about the Vikings' policy.  

Now you state Dennison "didn't have to be fired."  Of course needed to be fired. The Vikings made a very rational decision that it would not put the team's prospects at risk by having unvaccinated coaching staff.  They made clear if staff did not comply, they would be terminated.  No different than any other conduct that could be detrimental to the team. 

No I didn't.  And this discussion is exactly about unvaccinated coaching staff.  No NFL policy says Tier 1 staff have to be fired if they refuse vaccination.  They can remain on staff without player contact.  The is no NFL ultimatum of get vaccinated of be fired.

You can link me the Vikings policy that is separate from that of the NFL on this...

Also, the Vikings haven't yet fired him....https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vikings-coach-rick-dennison-hasnt-been-fired-yet-discussions-ongoing