Ass't Coaches: Rick Dennison (MN) and Cole Popovich (NE) out after refusing vaccine

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think those choices are comparable with being vaccinated. The others are all pure football. The vaccine is more than that. I think it is a relevant football consideration don't get me wrong, but it is not only about football. I think that is a bit of a false equivalence to compare it to not learning the playbook, with respect.

Nah Hapless is in the Beas thread.

Nope. It's a choice. You know what it takes to contribute to winning. If you choose not to what it takes then your team should choose to dismiss you. The outcome seems to make you uncomfortable but it's not that complicated for the team. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's imperfection.  We mods are imperfect.  Alert the media!

Also sometimes we remove posts that quote removed posts, but the post itself isn't a problem so if someone quotes it it stays

IDK if that makes sense, probably not 🤷‍♂️

Apparently, that's not their assessment of him

They didn't have to fire him, technically, over this..

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Indeed but how many of us suddenly have the terms of our employment on a matter as serious as this changed under our noses and the only options being conform or go? It is dangerous territory in my view. The league has provided a 3rd (tougher restrictions) option for players, I personally think they should do the same for coaches. And believe me I have little time for the anti-vax argument. 

I see no reason to accommodate those who choose not to adapt to changing circumstances that could lead to forfiet games or, ya know, death of a team member. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GLP said:

Goodbye to a couple of “less than critical thinkers”… (aka mor.ns)

Critical Thinking:

“The objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.”

Bye,bye to Cole as well… good riddance!

Man, I just can't roll with this.

Look, I'm breaking a rule, kind of - but the thing is there is SO much misinformation out there about the vaccine. SO many conspiracy theories.

Just on Cole Beasley's twitter feed today, he re-tweets two people who actually have legit credentials (MD; DVM with PhD in Virology) and who claim even grander credentials (which are pretty much overblown puffery), then critique the vaccines sharply.

To me, they stick out like sore thumbs as not legit, but to a person who is not trained in science it's probably very difficult to spot what's amiss.  I asked a friend, "here are these two guys, they are legitimately an MD and a DVM with PhD in Virology.  When you look them up, does anything strike you as off?"

My point is, while it breaks my heart, I really can't fault Beasley or anyone else who gets deluged by misinformation and has trouble sorting through it and doesn't know what to believe, especially if they are primed to distrust "mainstream media" and government.

And no, it's not good riddance, Cole Beasley is a Dog and a Baller.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Max Fischer said:

What is the alternative? Pay him not to do his job?

He may "coach without direct in-person contact with either the players or his fellow coaches by not getting the vaccine, per NFL COVID-19 protocols."

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Lots of people posting their vital statistics in this thread, I thought I was on a dating site.

It's the new recipe discussion. 

For dinner tonight, we had oven roast green beans, oven roasted eggplant parm, and basil tomato salad, all from our garden.  Delish!

And FTR I'm short, old, and fat.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Man, I just can't roll with this.

Look, I'm breaking a rule, kind of - but the thing is there is SO much misinformation out there about the vaccine. SO many conspiracy theories.

Just on Cole Beasley's twitter feed today, he re-tweets two people who actually have legit credentials (MD; DVM with PhD in Virology) and who claim even grander credentials (which are pretty much overblown puffery), then critique the vaccines sharply.

To me, they stick out like sore thumbs as not legit, but to a person who is not trained in science it's probably very difficult to spot what's amiss.  I asked a friend, "here are these two guys, they are legitimately an MD and a DVM with PhD in Virology.  When you look them up, does anything strike you as off?"

My point is, while it breaks my heart, I really can't fault Beasley or anyone else who gets deluged by misinformation and has trouble sorting through it.

And no, it's not good riddance, Cole Beasley is a Dog and a Baller.

Guys like Beasley are simply using this as a prop for their political statement (refusing vaccination).  I don't think he's very bright, but he's not burdened by any misinformation.

• Agree 3

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Guys like Beasley are simply using this as a prop for their political statement (refusing vaccination).  I don't think he's very bright, but he's not burdened by any misinformation.

But he is burdened by misinformation, WEO.  He is.  I'm not going to try to claim his doubts about vaccination didn't come first, and then he looked for sources to reinforce his doubts, but the point is, there's stuff out there that sounds legit and he's citing it.

I'll PM you a bunch of stuff and maybe you can give me your medically knowledgeable take on how you "out" the shysters without cluttering the board?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But he is burdened by misinformation, WEO.  He is.  I'm not going to try to claim his doubts about vaccination didn't come first, and then he looked for sources to reinforce his doubts, but the point is, there's stuff out there that sounds legit and he's citing it.

I'll PM you a bunch of stuff and maybe you can give me your medically knowledgeable take on how you "out" the shysters without cluttering the board?

I'm cynical by nature.  I think he may not believe any of those sources (or doesn't care)--he clearly has put himself out there as a guy who won't let others (the NFL, "The Government") tell him what to do.  There are obviously millions like that in this country regarding this very issue.  I'm comfortable that he is simply doing his internet sources to post "see?  science agrees with me".  I don't believe at all that he is confused.  His political believes are guiding his public statements.  Luckil for him there are more agendized  individuals out there willing to put forth this junk  to confuse and persuade the least intelligent of the population so they will agree with their and his point of view and he can be viewed as some sort of beacon or hero or leader in this huge circle.  

If there was NO legit sounding stuff (have we really forgotten about "Plandemic" already??), Beasley would cite the My Pillow guy or whoever, and people would still say "RIGHT ON, MAN!".

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm cynical by nature.  I think he may not believe any of those sources (or doesn't care)--he clearly has put himself out there as a guy who won't let others (the NFL, "The Government") tell him what to do.  There are obviously millions like that in this country regarding this very issue.  I'm comfortable that he is simply doing his internet sources to post "see?  science agrees with me".  I don't believe at all that he is confused.  His political believes are guiding his public statements.  Luckil for him there are more agendized  individuals out there willing to put forth this junk  to confuse and persuade the least intelligent of the population so they will agree with their and his point of view and he can be viewed as some sort of beacon or hero or leader in this huge circle.  

If there was NO legit sounding stuff (have we really forgotten about "Plandemic" already??), Beasley would cite the My Pillow guy or whoever, and people would still say "RIGHT ON, MAN!".

I'll leave it at agree to disagree and move on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I really can't fault Beasley or anyone else who gets deluged by misinformation and has trouble sorting through it and doesn't know what to believe, especially if they are primed to distrust "mainstream media" and government.

Ugh!!!!

I can fault people. 
   The “ Mainstream media” is in the mainstream because they aren’t on the fringe.

People who are stupid enough to believe Medical Professionals are out to get them because someone told them so deserve what they get.

Beasely has the resources to make an informed decision and he isn’t. His choice , which I actually support. I also support the consequences he will face.

It shouldn’t be a news flash to anyone that the owners are in this to make money and have and will roll over anyone that gets in their way. Including Beasely and some coaches who are exercising their freedom of choice.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I remember the great Cris Carter speaking at a rookie symposium and telling them "the NFL don't need you." "Playing in the NFL is a honor, not a privilege" I hope they remember this. 

Is that the same Cris Carter who told the same rookies at the same symposium that they needed to have a fall guy handy in case they ever got into trouble? That Cris Carter? Yeah, I know he apologized for the remarks but only after realizing he put his media career in jeopardy by uttering them in the first place. 

Edited by K-9

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Is that the same Cris Carter who told the same rookies at the same symposium that they needed to have a fall guy handy in case they ever got into trouble? That Cris Carter? Yeah, I know he apologized for the remarks but only after realizing he put his media career in jeopardy by uttering them in the first place. 

Don't everyone have one of those... a wingman? 😎. I've been one numerous times 😁You don't know how many times my buddy fell asleep on my couch

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Haha (+1) 2