Ass't Coaches: Rick Dennison (MN) and Cole Popovich (NE) out after refusing vaccine

Just now, TBBills said:

Imagine being so stupid you lose your job b.c you didn't want a simple shot.

Sometimes people take stands on things that might not make sense to others.

A lot of well meaning people don't seem to grasp that "but it's for your own good" is not an infallible argument. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Having worked in the military, worked in banks, retail, and for municipalities, rules get changed with no input from the masses all the time, it’s part of everyday life, does it create problems for folk? Yes it does, but we all make choices to mitigate the impact of our circumstances changing, it’s what happens when the responsibility of being the adult in the room rests on ones shoulders, it’s unfortunate that lives get put in a state of turmoil, but that has been the case for all of the history of humanity, people make choices, many times they make, shall we say choices that have negative impacts on their lives, like you I have little patience for the anti vaccination arguments, I wish no harm on those who don’t vax, but the outcome of that decision rest on their shoulders…

Again though with respect I doubt those rule changes are a true equivalence with the vaccination. I don't feel comfortable with a decision of this seriousness being driven by employment. To me it is either a public policy decision that should be taken by Government or it is a personal responsibility decision to be taken by individuals. I feel instinctively uncomfortable with this kind of middle ground of employment being used to enforce by stealth. I say that as someone who does public policy making as a career. It makes me instinctively uncomfortable because (and I appreciate I am slightly off the point and the mods may kill this) if you try the incentivisation through economic factors (such as employment) approach and you get it wrong the long term damage to society is severe. I'd equate it to the Conservative incentivisation for private home ownership in the UK in the 80s. Well intentioned policy but it was using economic factors to drive societal behaviour and some of our most serious societal problems in the UK now can be traced back to the two tier society it left us with. That is my concern.

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Again though with respect I doubt those rule changes are a true equivalence with the vaccination. I don't feel comfortable with a decision of this seriousness being driven by employment. To me it is either a public policy decision that should be taken by Government or it is a personal responsibility decision to be taken by individuals. I feel instinctively uncomfortable with this kind of middle ground of employment being used to enforce by stealth. I say that as someone who does public policy making as a career. It makes me instinctively uncomfortable because (and I appreciate I am slightly off the point and the mods may kill this) if you try the incentivisation through economic factors (such as employment) approach and you get it wrong the long term damage to society is severe. I'd equate it to the Conservative incentivisation for private home ownership in the UK in the 80s. Well intentioned policy but it was using economic factors to drive societal behaviour and some of our most serious societal problems in the UK now can be traced back to the two tier society it left us with. That is my concern.

Yeah, this is wandering way away from football.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m fairly certain 5’8, 185 were Sam Huff & Nick Bononconti’s measurables..  HOF LB’s..

Sam Huff was 6'1 and Nick Bo was 5'11".  Both at least a standard deviation taller than their age peers

5'8" puts our poster in the 34th percentile for American adult males.  Doug FLutie could dunk on him

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m fairly certain 5’8, 185 were Sam Huff & Nick Bononconti’s measurables..  HOF LB’s..

Based on pictures I'd guess both were well over both of those measures. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

See my post above.  I had exactly that experience with Hep B vaccine.

24 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I just ate a chocolate Dilly Bar.   I can't really work in the heat like I used to.  I think I am getting old.

I like those Kit Kat ice cream bars. It's 82 outside, I'm inside, my  65 y.o. wife is outside doing yard work. I'm younger than her.

Wonder what she's gonna make for dinner?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

See?  And now you're dead and ghostpoasting. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yea just read it. And I do see that certain jobs and industries where a risk is higher because of the nature of the job are different. But overall I stand by my point. It is a high risk approach from a public policy perspective.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea just read it. And I do see that certain jobs and industries where a risk is higher because of the nature of the job are different. But overall I stand by my point. It is a high risk approach from a public policy perspective.

It's not a public policy.  It's the NFL's policy, a private employer.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

I like those Kit Kat ice cream bars. It's 82 outside, I'm inside, my  65 y.o. wife is outside doing yard work. I'm younger than her.

Wonder what she's gonna make for dinner?

^^^

NOW THAT my friends is a true KING of his castle & all he surveys!! 

+1.  I am Jonsing w/envy!

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What color does she want to paint the ceiling?  That's the real question.

Killjoy! 😉😜

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's not a public policy.  It's the NFL's policy, a private employer.

Yes I know that is my point I consider it should be a matter of public policy not a matter of using economic nudge factors. That was my whole point in the post wandering off football.

• Like (+1) 1