Ass't Coaches: Rick Dennison (MN) and Cole Popovich (NE) out after refusing vaccine

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

6’3 190

I eat lean meat, fruits & veggies six days a week. 

Cardio 3x per week 

Lift 5 days per week

Basketball league once per week

Box once per week 

No underlying health issues.  

I do my part in patronizing pharmaceuticals by taking Allegra every day for allergies.  

Nudes? 

• Haha (+1) 11

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This Dennison thread was born lucky—how can the mods possibly see what’s going on over here whilst the Bease Twitteratti universe thread over there keeps reappearing in various disguises? :w00t:

it definitely has some privilege 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

6’3 190

Cardio 3x per week 

Lift 5 days per week

Box once per week 

I do my part in patronizing pharmaceuticals by taking Allegra every day for allergies.  

so you do all that stuff to stay healthy and well. but when it comes to a vax which will help you stay healthy and well you're like no i pass?  there was a time when excercise was seen as a bad thing for you.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

6’3 190

Cardio 3x per week 

Lift 5 days per week

Box once per week 

You and Turk should rub tips together to see who is the bigger man.

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree with Dennison's take most strongly. I do however regret that this causes someone to lose their job. The league has an alternative means of allowing players to participate. They should do the same for coaches IMO. That might mean him living with stricter restrictions as it does for players, but I feel there should be that option.

It’s Rick’s decision, he’s not signaled out for any reason not within Rick’s control.  It’s not incumbent on the ream to accommodate Rick to the detriment of the Vikings. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Good. The country desperately needs more of this right now.

No one can force you to take the vaccine. But more privileges need to start being taken away from those who don't.

Being an NFL coach, player or fan that attends a game are not rights.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

6’3 190

Cardio 3x per week 

Lift 5 days per week

Box once per week 

Oh yeah, I am 11 feet tall, and weigh 17 tons.  I break mountains into pebbles 3 times a day, then climb to the moon for cardio

I have plantar fascitis though

• Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I get that but the result of a man losing his job because of a matter of personal choice makes me instinctively uncomfortable. I disagree most strongly with Dennison. But I don't feel comfortable with the outcome.

I hear ya, but all day every day all of us follow rules, and do things we would rather not, to keep our jobs, not get arrested, etc etc, by his own free choice he was fired, it really is that simple, I wish the guy no harm, but this was not the smartest choice an adult person could make…, on the flip side, he is likely financially set for life so it really doesn’t matter in that respect.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

It’s Rick’s decision, he’s not signaled out for any reason not within Rick’s control.  It’s not incumbent on the ream to accommodate Rick to the detriment of the Vikings. 

I know that. Doesn't make me any more comfortable with the outcome. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I get that but the result of a man losing his job because of a matter of personal choice makes me instinctively uncomfortable. I disagree most strongly with Dennison. But I don't feel comfortable with the outcome.

Players also have a personal choice to not play hard, keep in shape, not understand the playbook, all that would have an impact on the team. Likewise, they can make a personal choice not to get a vaccine that sharply reduces the chance the team will need to forfeit a game.  Both choices have consequences and a team, employer or anyone has the choice to not have them on the team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Don Otreply said:

I hear ya, but all day every day all of us follow rules, and do things we would rather not, to keep our jobs, not get arrested, etc etc, by his own free choice he was fired, it really is that simple, I wish the guy no harm, but this was not the smartest choice an adult person could make…, on the flip side, he is likely financially set for life so it really doesn’t matter in that respect.

Indeed but how many of us suddenly have the terms of our employment on a matter as serious as this changed under our noses and the only options being conform or go? It is dangerous territory in my view. The league has provided a 3rd (tougher restrictions) option for players, I personally think they should do the same for coaches. And believe me I have little time for the anti-vax argument. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This thread will get locked, and this post will get deleted, but the reality for the NFL, and the rest of our civilization, is that if we sit on our hands and demand that everything grind to a halt until we have some number of months with no new cases, we'll never get there.  Like every single other viral epidemic in history, we will eventually learn to live with COVID.  The arrogance of Government and an unfortunate number of citizens is that there is some magic bullet to get on the other side of COVID.  There isn't. 

As I asked yesterday (in a post that some tweaked out mod deleted almost immediately), if the NFL starts forcing forfeits, are they going to refund tickets?  Are they going to pay back DTV for that portion of what they paid for broadcast rights?  Are advertisers going to get their money back? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1