2021 Bills vs Twitter

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’ll play

He’s said he’s not gonna retire, he’s gonna play and they’ll have to cut him.  And he’s a family guy with a bunch of kids, he won’t be out hellin’ around.

But if he doesn’t follow the protocols, how does that work for McDermott?  Beasley is a respected leader on the team and if he doesn’t follow them, who will?

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He’s said he’s not gonna retire, he’s gonna play and they’ll have to cut him

But if he doesn’t follow the protocols, how does it work for McDermott if they condone that?

His issue with the protocols seemed to be outside the facility, going back to his original statements. I’m sure it will get figured out. He’s not the only one that doesn’t agree and other teams have to deal with the same thing. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

His issue with the protocols seemed to be outside the facility, going back to his original statements. I’m sure it will get figured out. He’s not the only one that doesn’t agree and other teams have to deal with the same thing. 

He said he would get tested and when the results came back negative the rest of his day would be just like the vaccinated players

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

If Beasley doesn’t play, this offense will not be as good imo...you don’t just replace an All-pro with the next man up...

They would likely miss him but Beasley hasn't earned the right to be considered a likely repeat as an All Pro performer..........he's had 2 seasons out of 9 in his career where he's even accumulated over 800 yards receiving.........and he took a beating last season and is coming off a rather tumultuous offseason.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, The_Ripster said:

I think DeAndre Hopkins was upset with the new protocols and so was Matthew Judon.

Agree, but don't recall Hopkins teammates ripping him for it like is happening in Buffalo.   Both Diggs and Hughes kind of publicly contradicted him.  Hughes comments about not driving down the road at 80 MPH sounded to me like he was really ripping Beasleys position.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They would likely miss him but Beasley hasn't earned the right to be considered a likely repeat as an All Pro performer..........he's had 2 seasons out of 9 in his career where he's even accumulated over 800 yards receiving.........and he took a beating last season and is coming off a rather tumultuous offseason.

Beasley is currently an All-pro...all those other points you’re attempting to make are moot...

28 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree, but don't recall Hopkins teammates ripping him for it like is happening in Buffalo.   Both Diggs and Hughes kind of publicly contradicted him.  Hughes comments about not driving down the road at 80 MPH sounded to me like he was really ripping Beasleys position.

Yeah, they did reconcile though! 

Jerry hughes tweeted: "U my boy no matter what. I’m not telling u what’s right/wrong. And I’m not the one making the rules, I’m just following them so I can play ball & finish what we started last year with the mafia cheering us on. Fun debate bro"

It's probably all good.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Beasley is currently an All-pro...all those other points you’re attempting to make are moot...

No Beasley WAS an All Pro.

Last regular season.

He had never sniffed that level of credit before and wasn't playing at an All Pro level the last time he was on the field in the playoffs.

His age,  his modest career production prior and the wear and tear/injuries accumulated last season matter.  

This year is a new season.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Last regular season.

He had never sniffed that level of credit before and wasn't playing at an All Pro level the last time he was on the field in the playoffs.

His age,  his modest career production prior and the wear and tear/injuries accumulated last season matter.  

Fair point “That was Then, This is Now” is applicable each year, especially to older players.

But it’s also true that his average of 53 ypg his most recent 3 seasons probably understates his importance to the offense, especially when the game is on the line.  I thought whoever put it, ‘when he needs yards, Allen looks first to Diggs, then to Beasley, then to himself (his own legs) had a point.

He’s made strong contributions and I’m sure McDermott and Daboll would like him on the team

He’s clearly under the belief that he has enough “clout” that he is above the rules.  This has a bit of a Destinee Hooker feel to me (if anyone else follows USA VB and gets the reference).

Time will tell.

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Last regular season.

Meh...I think we are arguing semantics...I think we are gonna have to agree to disagree on this one...👍

just the other night i watched this documentary/whatever series on the chicago bulls last season together w jordan and so on.  in it, scottie pippen was straight up being insolent to the gm, heavy disrespectful, and said he demanded a trade (all while not playing due to surgery which he took during the season so he could have a more fun summer, LOL).  anyhow it was a real mess and went back forth, but in the end he straight up capitulated, and it was all water under the bridge.

i figure this thing is gonna go roughly the same way.

6 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Meh...I think we are arguing semantics...I think we are gonna have to agree to disagree on this one...👍

I'm not trying to run Beasley down but it's more than semantics.........his selection as an All Pro was very generous of voters..........there ended up being 5 WR's on the Second Team instead of the normal 3..........and Beasley's numbers paled in comparison to the others.........all of whom either have multiple All Pro nods or project to LIKELY contend for multiple more.   Beasley had a tremendous season by the standard of his previous 8........but 82 for 967 isn't going to get you an All Pro selection very often........not sure when the last All Pro WR to not AT LEAST get 1,000 was.....and it's less than likely that he will repeat that production in year 10.    I'd probably put him as the Bill who is least likely to be able to repeat his high production of last season.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm not trying to run Beasley down but it's more than semantics.........his selection as an All Pro was very generous of voters..........there ended up being 5 WR's on the Second Team instead of the normal 3..........and Beasley's numbers paled in comparison to the others.........all of whom either have multiple All Pro nods or project to LIKELY contend for multiple more.   Beasley had a tremendous season by the standard of his previous 8........but 82 for 967 isn't going to get you an All Pro selection very often........not sure when the last All Pro WR to not AT LEAST get 1,000 was.....and it's less than likely that he will repeat that production in year 10.    I'd probably put him as the Bill who is least likely to be able to repeat his high production of last season.

I think i read somewhere if a player gets even one vote for 2nd team all pro they get the nod.... Peter King came out at the end of last season and said he's gonna get heat for it but he voted Beasley in as a slot because its so big for the league now.... That honestly may have been the only vote he got.

Still love the dude as a player. But i think thats how it may have went down.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He only actually got 1 All Pro vote. It was just that they put 3 receivers on each team.... and the vote was dominated by Adams (selected by 49/50) and Diggs (48/50) then there was Hill (24) an Hopkins (21) and then Jefferson (5). That gets you to Adams, Diggs and Hill as 1st team and Hopkins and Jefferson 2nd team... but the second team needed one more and three guys - Ridley, Beasley and DK tied with 1 vote each. 

16 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think i read somewhere if a player gets even one vote for 2nd team all pro they get the nod.... Peter King came out at the end of last season and said he's gonna get heat for it but he voted Beasley in as a slot because its so big for the league now.... That honestly may have been the only vote he got.

Still love the dude as a player. But i think thats how it may have went down.

It was. You have to be in the top 3 to be a 1st team all pro and in the 4-6 range to be a second team all pro. Only 5 guys got more than 1 vote and then three guys tied with 1. 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He only actually got 1 All Pro vote. It was just that they put 3 receivers on each team.... and the vote was dominated by Adams (selected by 49/50) and Diggs (48/50) then there was Hill (24) an Hopkins (21) and then Jefferson (5). That gets you to Adams, Diggs and Hill as 1st team and Hopkins and Jefferson 2nd team... but the second team needed one more and three guys - Ridley, Beasley and DK tied with 1 vote each. 

It was. You have to be in the top 3 to be a 1st team all pro and in the 4-6 range to be a second team all pro. Only 5 guys got more than 1 vote and then three guys tied with 1. 

I had no idea of all this, thanks for the education.

7 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I think it’s a bit more than semantics.  Leaving aside the “All Pro” thing now that we know 1 vote gets you in....

Beasley had a career year last season.   As far as him being physically able to repeat it, many people (Romo for example) would have bet against last year’s performance being possible, because of his age.  Eventually age will catch up with him but it seems harder to predict when that happens for WR than for RBs.

OTOH, it may be that he had a career year in part due to a “perfect storm” of circumstance - Brown being injured so targets being split between 3 WR, no great choice to divide those punishing “slot” receptions etc.  Now the team has brought in Sanders, who has the background of the same secondary route concepts that Beasley excels in.  

To try to put it in a simpler way, Beasley was hugely important to the team last season.

Does that predict future results?  A definite “maybe”.

I'm curious as to the language in the CBA regarding vaccinations, and what it will mean when the COVID vaccinations receive "Full Approval" from the FDA?

Pfizer and Moderna have both applied for full FDA approval, and Pfizer's application was accepted for review last week. It is expected Pfizer could be approved before Opening Day (or close to it). And Moderna not far behind.

Once they are fully approved and no longer "eXpErImEnTaL", I'd guess the NFL could require them the same way they do all the other vaccinations?

And then that solves a lot of this back and forth.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The base personnel look for the All Pro team should be a legit 11.  They have 2 Zs and an X in 2020.