2021 Bills vs Twitter

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except that there is no mandate, so he isn't fighting a mandate.  Beasley and other NFL players are allowed to CHOOSE whether or not to get the vaccine.

Then there are alternative rules to follow.

He is saying "I want choice 3: No vaccine, AND No rules". 

I have problems with the rules, as stated elsewhere.  I question how effective they will be given the predominant variant.

But Beasley isn't focusing on perceived problems with the rules keeping unvaxxed players safe either, he's all over the place

So it's coming across more as an "I Don't Want To!" tantrum than a brave fight against rules that might not make sense.

JMO.

I actually agree with what he said, but because of who he is and what he's done, ^^^^THIS

Well, I agree with Beasley that players should be able to do what they want regardless of whether they get the vaccine or not. 

I’d just rather he not go ranting multiple times throughout the summer and, instead, make a statement here and there like many other NFL players have done. 

• Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except that there is no mandate, so he isn't fighting a mandate.  Beasley and other NFL players are allowed to CHOOSE whether or not to get the vaccine.

Then there are alternative rules to follow.

He is saying "I want choice 3: No vaccine, AND No rules". 

Good luck with that, we all have rules to follow at work.

There is a large push at this very moment to mandate vaccines. It's always been creeping towards that end, so I'm definitely not gonna rule it out.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/24/2021 at 8:24 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

This is absurd. A 1000 Yd wr, that’s a top 3 slot man in the NFL and you won’t be upset when we cut him? Because of some dumb Twitter BS? Sorry, but that’s complete garbage IMO. 

I think Beasley looks ridiculous right now. I find most of what he’s saying very off putting. But with that being said, let’s not get things twisted. This dude gutted through 3 games with a freaking broken leg. Plenty wouldn’t have. The man loves the game and his teammates. The bills are a lesser team without him. Hands down. 

You must know, though, that a lot of Beasley's great stats last year were due to Josh's tremendous advancements in finding and hitting the open man.  Lots of good receivers become open for certain points in their routes, and it's up to the QB to learn how to hit him at that point; Josh has.  In short, IMO while Beasley is very good, he can be suitably replaced without a great downgrade in passing efficiency.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Seriously, nobody cares what OJ thinks. Dude should be rotting in prison. 

Precisely why it can’t be good to have the likes of him throwing shade. 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Deadstroke said:

You must know, though, that a lot of Beasley's great stats last year were due to Josh's tremendous advancements in finding and hitting the open man.  Lots of good receivers become open for certain points in their routes, and it's up to the QB to learn how to hit him at that point; Josh has.  In short, IMO while Beasley is very good, he can be suitably replaced without a great downgrade in passing efficiency.

Replacing “very good” doesn’t just… happen. Beasley is one of the very best at what he does. Hands down. People are being way too dramatic about his social media tantrums around here. If I’m on that team his Twitter rants change nothing about my preparation and I want him out there on Sundays. 

… Josh makes the jump and now all of a sudden we can just start tossing his best weapons? That’s absurd to me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

I’ve lost a lot of respect for Beasley, not because of his opinion, but for this highly public tantrum he is throwing. Welcome to the conundrum most normal working people face with their employers. Hopefully this is all squashed at training camp.

Dude needs to take his own advice and get off Twitter and focus on football.

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Well, I agree with Beasley that players should be able to do what they want regardless of whether they get the vaccine or not. 

I’d just rather he not go ranting multiple times throughout the summer and, instead, make a statement here and there like many other NFL players have done. 

And some people probably agreed with the workers at GM Tonawanda last summer who didn't want to wear masks all shift on the un-AC'd plant floor.

But those were the rules that the Union and GM agreed to, so the workers who felt strongly enough about it could either follow the rules, retire, or quit.

All employers have rules.  If you don't like the rules strongly enough that you don't want to follow them, retire or quit.  That's how it is in every profession.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Precisely why it can’t be good to have the likes of him throwing shade. 

It's kind of like Bernie Madoff chastising someone for skimming money. I didn't need OJ to tell me that Cole is doing himself and his team a disservice by not just shutting up.

What really bothers me is when Beasley airs stuff that could and should be private conversations, but weirdly makes them public for some reason. If he wants to talk, then talk I guess, but bringing teammates into the public conversation is not a wise move.

The world just sucks right now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Honestly Beasley's position has become even more selfish and ignorant over the last few weeks with the rise of the Delta variant, which has a significantly increased ability to infect even vaccinated people. People who are unvaccinated are much more likely to get infected and exponentially more likely to be hospitalized or die, but those things are still possible even among the vaccinated.

The position of "no rules or restrictions for me if I'm unvaccinated because it's my body and my choice" is utterly ridiculous because you naturally become more of a risk to spread infection to your teammates who took it upon themselves to get the vaccine.

Cole needs to do 1 of 3 things:

1) Shut the ***** up and get the vaccine

2) Shut the ***** up and abide by the rules for the unvaccinated 

3) Retire and complain all he wants

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I wonder why?

Well this clears up one thing:

McDermott, you got a problem

Part of me thinks he's going to push his "no restrictions" attitude inside the building when camp starts and will refuse to follow the rules setup for unvaccinated players during Training Camp.

I hope not, but it wouldn't shock me.

• Agree 1

I follow the Bills fairly closely, but not other teams and the NFL at nearly the same level.

Just curious, are the Bills unique in that it's gone to the level of players fighting players/teammates on Twitter over this?  This is the type of thing that can tear a team apart. 

Reminds me of the time a number of years back think it was basketball where the one player was sleeping with teammates wife created quite the division within the team.  Similar issue with the Yankees in the 60's but in that case two players just swapped wives, so no one was all that upset at the time.  Just needed to remember the new way home.

3 hours ago, Deadstroke said:

I disagree.  I think Beasley has exceptional abilities to get open and to reliably make high degree of difficulty catches in traffic.

But given his age, he’s going to have to be replaced at some point soon.  One viewpoint is might as well audition guys while we have Sanders as a choice, provided he and Josh can get on the same page.

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I disagree.  I think Beasley has exceptional abilities to get open and to reliably make high degree of difficulty catches in traffic.

But given his age, he’s going to have to be replaced at some point soon.  One viewpoint is might as well audition guys while we have Sanders as a choice, provided he and Josh can get on the same page.

I've been rewatching the whole season with Game Pass and I am constantly reminded of how valuable Bease is. What an amazing option to have in the slot. The dude is just as clutch as Josh. He absolutely torched Patrick Peterson off the line for a TD against AZ. 

Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, and Davis is such an awesome WR corps. Best passing game in the league as it stands now.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Part of me thinks he's going to push his "no restrictions" attitude inside the building when camp starts and will refuse to follow the rules setup for unvaccinated players during Training Camp.

I hope not, but it wouldn't shock me.

That’s pretty much what he’s been saying he’s going to do. In that scenario, the team has no choice but to cut him, since they would likely be held responsible for him breaking the protocols. We’ve all seen what the league does in those circumstances. They start with fines, and then they start seizing draft picks.

2 minutes ago, CheshireCT said:

That’s pretty much what he’s been saying he’s going to do. In that scenario, the team has no choice but to cut him, since they would likely be held responsible for him breaking the protocols. We’ve all seen what the league does in those circumstances. They start with fines, and then they start seizing draft picks.

He's painted himself into a corner. What a waste of a great situation with the Bills. It wasn't too long ago that he was unhappy with his situation in Dallas.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I follow the Bills fairly closely, but not other teams and the NFL at nearly the same level.

Just curious, are the Bills unique in that it's gone to the level of players fighting players/teammates on Twitter over this?  This is the type of thing that can tear a team apart. 

Reminds me of the time a number of years back think it was basketball where the one player was sleeping with teammates wife created quite the division within the team.  Similar issue with the Yankees in the 60's but in that case two players just swapped wives, so no one was all that upset at the time.  Just needed to remember the new way home.

I think DeAndre Hopkins was upset with the new protocols and so was Matthew Judon.