2021 Bills vs Twitter

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Really.  If there was one guy whose opinion would sway me to do the exact opposite of anything he supports, that would be O.J.

His credibility on the matter is more than equal to anyone on this board IMO.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is absurd. A 1000 Yd wr, that’s a top 3 slot man in the NFL and you won’t be upset when we cut him? Because of some dumb Twitter BS? Sorry, but that’s complete garbage IMO. 

I think Beasley looks ridiculous right now. I find most of what he’s saying very off putting. But with that being said, let’s not get things twisted. This dude gutted through 3 games with a freaking broken leg. Plenty wouldn’t have. The man loves the game and his teammates. The bills are a lesser team without him. Hands down. 

I love Beasley and prefer him on the team... but I also think our WR corps would still be very good without him if Diggs, Sanders and Davis were our top 3 WRs. Plus I think Allen is going to start becoming that QB who elevates another WR or 2 into surprise production territory.

Beasley can simultaneously be a great slot WR and too much of a headache to keep on a team with some good talent in the WR room... and I think that is the case.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I love Beasley and prefer him on the team... but I also think our WR corps would still be very good without him if Diggs, Sanders and Davis were our top 3 WRs. Plus I think Allen is going to start becoming that QB who elevates another WR or 2 into surprise production territory.

Beasley can simultaneously be a great slot WR and too much of a headache to keep on a team with some good talent in the WR room... and I think that is the case.

We'd be losing a 2nd team ALL Pro WR that strictly plays slot, that's rare !

You can't just plug anybody into his role and expect the same success.  

And as Beez said on Twitter,  the slot is huge in this O. Just think how many 1st downs he got us , he was a 1st down machine,  especially on 3rd down, he's elite out there. 

This culture and leadership is strong. 

We'll be fine , Beez isn't going nowhere

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

We'd be losing a 2nd team ALL Pro WR that strictly plays slot, that's rare !

You can't just plug anybody into his role and expect the same success.  

And as Beez said on Twitter,  the slot is huge in this O. Just think how many 1st downs he got us , he was a 1st down machine,  especially on 3rd down, he's elite out there. 

This culture and leadership is strong. 

We'll be fine , Beez isn't going nowhere

Losing him would be a blow. I think it is more likely he is still here but at the moment he is saying he won't get vacced and won't follow the protocols for unvacced. If that doesn't change then he ain't gonna be here.

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, for Toast Sake.  What does "behind the scenes" mean to you?  It means "behind the scenes", by its very nature out of public view.  Yes, there's zero evidence Allen has done anything behind the scenes, but there's likewise zero evidence he hasn't.  Absence of leaks in a locker room that prefers to keep stuff "in house" does not mean absence of action.  That's plain and simply, illogical and if I may say so, I do expect a bit better from you.   Painting me as "far removed from facts and logic" is ironic, here.

Allen is a leader of grown-ass men over whom his only authority is the respect they voluntarily grant him due to his character and abilities.  That does not translate to absolute authority or the ability to tell an older, more senior player "Get off Twitter, Now, Because", especially during the off-season. 

Which this still is.

Being a leader sometimes means hearing people and trying to understand their concerns, whether or not you agree (and Allen may agree, that doesn't mean he's not a leader either).  Sometimes it means letting them have their "cri de coeur".  Sometimes it means influencing by demonstrating with your own behavior and ignoring behavior you're trying to eliminate, while praising behavior you're trying to encourage.  There are freaking books about this stuff, and there's no one way.

Dude, enjoy your fantasy world

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't know how anyone can watch last season and say with a straight face that we'll be just fine without Beasley. We are a significantly worse offense without him. I like Davis as much as the next guy, but a big part of how he got open was because the other team had to worry about Diggs and Beasley, and broken coverage. Beasley was to third downs what Davante Adams was to goal line offense, automatic. He gets insane separation in 2-3 seconds and catches everything thrown his way. I understand people don't like...stuff...about him, but separate that from his football ability.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve lost a lot of respect for Beasley, not because of his opinion, but for this highly public tantrum he is throwing. Welcome to the conundrum most normal working people face with their employers. Hopefully this is all squashed at training camp.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I’ve lost a lot of respect for Beasley, not because of his opinion, but for this highly public tantrum he is throwing. Welcome to the conundrum most normal working people face with their employers. Hopefully this is all squashed at training camp.

As much as I agree with him, but want him to chill out on social media, your post actually makes me respect what he’s doing a bit more…. The average Joe Worker doesn’t have the platform, or financial ability, to fight back against EUA vaccine mandates from their employer.  The only chance they have is for high profile people to push back.   

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

As much as I agree with him, but want him to chill out on social media, your post actually makes me respect what he’s doing a bit more…. The average Joe Worker doesn’t have the platform, or financial ability, to fight back against EUA vaccine mandates from their employer.  The only chance they have is for high profile people to push back.   

Neither do these players. There are hundreds in line behind them and I will watch no matter who is on the field, like most football fans. 

If Cole wants to destroy his career over this he’s free to, but just don’t be a distraction from winning games. I’m hopeful he tones it down this week.

Edited by Rockpile233

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

Neither do these players. There are hundreds in line behind them and I will watch no matter who is on the field, like most football fans. 

Maybe that’s why people like Cole, Hopkins, Ramsey etc., are speaking out.  

Josh Allen can do whatever he wants.  We all know that.  Backup linebackers trying to make the team on special teams ability, not so much…. And especially not so much given the NFL’s new rules. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Maybe that’s why people like Cole, Hopkins, Ramsey etc., are speaking out.  

Josh Allen can do whatever he wants.  We all know that.  Backup linebackers trying to make the team on special teams ability, not so much…. And especially not so much given the NFL’s new rules. 

Dak, Tyler Lockett, etc….

it’s almost like these are grown men making their own decisions and no amount of “be like me, everyone!” from certain QBs or coaches to their team is going to change their minds. It’s a very delicate situation. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Oh man, it ain’t good when the likes of OJ Simpson is throwing shade on you. 

Oh yes, you know you've goofed when a murdering criminal opens his mouth. Definitely someone you should take seriously when it comes to ethical and moral conduct.

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Except that there is no mandate, so he isn't fighting a mandate.  Beasley and other NFL players are allowed to CHOOSE whether or not to get the vaccine.

Then there are alternative rules to follow.

He is saying "I want choice 3: No vaccine, AND No rules". 

Good luck with that, we all have rules to follow at work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1