2021 Bills vs Twitter

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think even cute puppy pictures will redeem this thread, but Ask and You Shall Receive

image.thumb.png.e5a689d538e43d1519c598d8fd6cbf7b.png

Rex Ryan saved this picture

1 minute ago, Process said:

What kind of dog is that anyone know?

It's actually a robot with dog AI.

New tech from Sony.

Josh is their new spokesperson.

• Haha (+1) 2

We have people on certain networks calling for punitive measures to be taken against those that haven’t received the vaccination.   

The NFL is actually enacting such measures.  

Jalen Ramsey showed, to me, what leadership is, when he spoke out on social media to make sure nobody on his team feels pressure to get vaccinated because of a league policy that attempts to potentially vilify them during the season. 

Cole and Hopkins seem less calculated, but more emotional in their social media posts.  

As someone who agrees with Cole, there’s probably a more coherent way of going about it, while also not allowing themselves to be bullied by a segment of society that views you as “less than” for not getting the vaccination.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

I've not even read this thread from its OP but this is what I have to say. I learned in a zoom session for reducing stress in a persons life that it is helpful to find a trusted source for your information and limit the amount of info/sources you read or view on a daily basis.

In that regard I have made a conscious decision to delete politics as well as multiple news sources bombarding me. But I do check for all my sports information here. And the tweets you all share herein is the extent of my exposure to the twitterverse I do not partake.

The fact that alll this drama and conjecture is flying around gives me severe anxiety Im not gonna lie. I actually hate it.  I Thanks for letting me vent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We have people on certain networks calling for punitive measures to be taken against those that haven’t received the vaccination.   

The NFL is actually enacting such measures.  

Jalen Ramsey showed, to me, what leadership is, when he spoke out on social media to make sure nobody on his team feels pressure to get vaccinated because of a league policy that attempts to potentially vilify them during the season. 

Cole and Hopkins seem less calculated, but more emotional in their social media posts.  

As someone who agrees with Cole, there’s probably a more coherent way of going about it, while also not allowing themselves to be bullied by a segment of society that views you as “less than” for not getting the vaccination.  

When it comes to players I disagree that the NFL is enacting those measures. Not that I think it's rules for 2021 are perfect - they clearly are not - but there is a way for unvaccinated players to play. They have more restrictions than unvaccinated players but I have to say I think that is fair enough - even if some of those rules could be tweaked somewhat.

I think the Dennison thing is a much bigger deal because he basically only had two choices. Vacced or fired and as I said in that thread that makes me instinctively uncomfortable because I don't think that is a decision for the NFL to make.

2 minutes ago, Muppy said:

I've not even read this thread from its OP but this is what I have to say. I learned in a zoom session for reducing stress in a persons life that it is helpful to find a trusted source for your information and limit the amount of info/sources you read or view on a daily basis.

In that regard I have made a conscious decision to delete politics as well as multiple news sources bombarding me. But I do check for all my sports information here. And the tweets you all share herein is the extent of my exposure to the twitterverse I do not partake.

The fact that alll this drama and conjecture is flying around gives me severe anxiety Im not gonna lie. I actually hate it.  I Thanks for letting me vent.

I am very much the same. I browse Facebook to see what family is up to but try very hard to avoid most stuff. I hate the drama stuff 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We completely agree with the latter!  I liked Beasley much better when he said the best thing he'd done was hand his social media accounts over to his management team and stay off it.

I don't think Beasley has an obligation to clarify though

No, he’s certainly not obligated. But if he were smart, that’s what he would do; unless he enjoys the otherwise uninformed derision of his remarks. But he seems to like inviting and flaming the the drama his tweets create. 

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

When it comes to players I disagree that the NFL is enacting those measures. Not that I think it's rules for 2021 are perfect - they clearly are not - but there is a way for unvaccinated players to play. They have more restrictions than unvaccinated players but I have to say I think that is fair enough - even if some of those rules could be tweaked somewhat.

I think the Dennison thing is a much bigger deal because he basically only had two choices. Vacced or fired and as I said in that thread that makes me instinctively uncomfortable because I don't think that is a decision for the NFL to make.

Is it a decision for any employer in any industry to make? I suspect Dennison’s decision not to get vaccinated wasn’t made in a vacuum. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Is it a decision for any employer in any industry to make? I suspect Dennison’s decision not to get vaccinated wasn’t made in a vacuum. 

I think you can probably identify some industries - those where employees are coming into contact with vulnerable people on a daily basis in Health and Social Care etc - but beyond that it makes me instinctively uncomfortable as I said in that other thread. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think you can probably identify some industries - those where employees are coming into contact with vulnerable people on a daily basis in Health and Social Care etc - but beyond that it makes me instinctively uncomfortable as I said in that other thread. 

Unfortunately, given the exponential nature of viral spread in a pandemic, employees’ potential to be infected or to spread infection isn’t limited simply to the people they come in contact with while at work on a daily basis. 

It’s a tough call and it’s easy to understand why people rebel against it, but it’s better to err on the side of caution imo, given what we’ve seen and what we’ve learned. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Unfortunately, given the exponential nature of viral spread in a pandemic, employees’ potential to be infected or to spread infection isn’t limited simply to the people they come in contact with while at work on a daily basis. 

It’s a tough call and it’s easy to understand why people rebel against it, but it’s better to err on the side of caution imo, given what we’ve seen and what we’ve learned. 

I agree better to err on the side of caution. I would be in favour of more robust Government intervention personally albeit I know how controversial that would be anywhere let alone in the US.  

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ask and ye shall receive

image.thumb.png.95f969246a84f93d1ffc5811b2febdd6.png

image.thumb.png.2345f66f85288ba8e293765a82db977c.png

I know this is controversial and I get it they are a cutesy young couple but neither of them do much for me. I'll stick with Poyer and his slightly bonkers missus 😁

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I know this is controversial and I get it they are a cutesy young couple but neither of them do much for me. I'll stick with Poyer and his slightly bonkers missus 😁

Yes, let’s get some pics of her up on here, ASAP please! 😉

In fact, we should have Bills hot wife tournament, where we all vote and the winners advance in the bracket...👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1