2021 Bills vs Twitter

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It is not impossible he meant that in fairness. I think it is unlikely myself but it is a plausible alternative explanation. 

If he did mean that then he should clarify that was his intention - and again stay off social media because true meaning and nuance can be hard to get across in limited characters! 

Why should he clarify?  Hardly anyone is taking him that way in the replies, let alone his actual teammates.  

It’s just some people here making it a thing. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Why should he clarify?  Hardly anyone is taking him that way in the replies, let alone his actual teammates.  

It’s just some people here making it a thing. 

Because the implications of it being read the other way (and personally that is still my belief as to the point he was trying to make) is a really bad look.

Again, I have no problem with him expressing his view on vaccines. That is not what that list bit of the tweet was though and given the possible insinuation he should clarify.

10 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Speaking of sandwiches, one of the things Pittsburgh does right is Primanti brothers sandwiches—back in the day after a few too many as a college kid, those were extra delicious and warded off the worst of the hangover to come…:doh: 

https://primantibros.com/

I thought Brother Bill had a point when he historically drove to Pittsburgh, purchased a Primanti sandwich, brought it back mistreated and hurled it.

Not that it isn't a great sandwich, but the Optics, Man!

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is not impossible he meant that in fairness. I think it is unlikely myself but it is a plausible alternative explanation. 

If he did mean that then he should clarify that was his intention - and again stay off social media because true meaning and nuance can be hard to get across in limited characters! 

We completely agree with the latter!  I liked Beasley much better when he said the best thing he'd done was hand his social media accounts over to his management team and stay off it.

I don't think Beasley has an obligation to clarify though

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought Brother Bill had a point when he historically drove to Pittsburgh, purchased a Primanti sandwich, brought it back mistreated and hurled it.

Not that it isn't a great sandwich, but the Optics, Man!

This is my conundrum—die hard Bills fan for life, but grew up in Western Pa and so I’ve eaten of the forbidden sandwich many a time :wallbash:

59 minutes ago, MWK said:

https://twitter.com/bease11/status/1418604233285308417?s=21

this is as racist as it gets. He’s comparing being unvaccinated to being a minority and saying that now that Hughes is part of a majority, he’s just as bad as a racist. If you can’t see that that is racist, I don’t know what to tell you.

I understand that is your and others interpretation of this, but that doesn't mean it's the only interpretation or the correct one.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, rayray808 said:

Beasley vs Hughes

Feliciano chiming in

Dodson vs Beasley

and that's just in the last 24 hours

I think it's a huge stretch to say Beasley vs any teammate. Dodson has been sticking up for him, with light hearted comments.  

Hughes made 1 comment about the vaccine,  just cause it's a different opinion doesn't mean they're pitted against each other at all.

It's the "fans" that are causing negativity because they disagree with Beasleys view. 

And why is this such a big deal to the mods? It's Bills related and this is the biggest Bills forum on the internet,  pretty ridiculous we can't discuss it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How is Beasley being persecuted?  He is putting his views out there on Twitter, others are putting their views out in response.

Abused, yes he is.  I do not and will not get a twitter account and participate because of the rudeness and abuse.  I think it's despicable.

Persecution simply means being ill treated or abused for political or religious beliefs, which is what's happening. Not everyone is doing it, but that's just what the word means.

FTR I wish he would just shut up because it's getting him nowhere.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We completely agree with the latter!  I liked Beasley much better when he said the best thing he'd done was hand his social media accounts over to his management team and stay off it.

I don't think Beasley has an obligation to clarify though

I don't think he has an obligation to either. Just that he would be well advised to.

Beane is on the phone with Kevyn Adams begging him to trade eichel already so the news cycle boomerangs back to him 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

? where did this take place?

Twitter 

Just now, RiotAct said:

I wonder if it’s chewed up any throw pillows or slippers yet

Or phones 😬

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agree that Beasley has good points involving vaccinated teammates who are only tested once every 14 days and can go about unmasked possibly spreading Covid to vaccinated and unvaccinated teammates.  This is potentially a real issue and the NFL had better address it.  Their protocols are appropriate for last winter, but that was Then, This is Now.

Yep. Why not still test everybody regularly? Would anyone actually object to that?

And if anyone tests positive, they would still use their tracking methods to sideline any unvaccinated players.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This thread needs pics of Josh Allen’s girlfriend to redeem itself 

I agree

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This thread needs pics of Josh Allen’s puppy to redeem itself 

I don't think even cute puppy pictures will redeem this thread, but Ask and You Shall Receive

image.thumb.png.e5a689d538e43d1519c598d8fd6cbf7b.png

image.thumb.png.450cd3c0860bc244e8f5030e3d968729.png

image.thumb.png.cec95800085ef44f0ffc2163bb6e86d3.png

There's a video of Josh teaching his puppy to shake hands

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQHR8MdAW0p/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

And why is this such a big deal to the mods? It's Bills related and this is the biggest Bills forum on the internet,  pretty ridiculous we can't discuss it. 

I can’t speak for any mods but it’s us that usually ruin the threads by going off topic and name calling etc etc. The covid no no thread is pinned for all to see but dang it we just can’t stop getting in our own way.