The Right Wing Supreme Court Has Its Chance To Stop Abortion Now

Mississippi is asking the Supreme Court to overrule Roe v. Wade in order to uphold the state’s restrictions on abortion access, and to renounce the court’s landmark holding a half-century ago that the Constitution protects a woman’s right to obtain an abortion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/mississippi-abortion-supreme-court-roe-v-wade/2021/07/22/9b30cb8a-eb23-11eb-97a0-a09d10181e36_story.html

Time to put up or shut up! If they do it will make abortion a state issue for politicians and voters to deal with. Most of the states that refused to accept money from Washington to give their own citizens health care will probably go after reproductive rights, too. Evil people 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/mississippi-abortion-supreme-court-roe-v-wade/2021/07/22/9b30cb8a-eb23-11eb-97a0-a09d10181e36_story.html

Time to put up or shut up! If they do it will make abortion a state issue for politicians and voters to deal with. Most of the states that refused to accept money from Washington to give their own citizens health care will probably go after reproductive rights, too. Evil people 

My body my choice.  

Deal:

End abortion, we'll all take the fake vaccines that don't work.  

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

My body my choice.  

Deal:

End abortion, we'll all take the fake vaccines that don't work.  

Lol, fake vaccine. So glad the demographics of the country is changing and yo7 guys are fading away 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Despite your normal childish theatrics, if Roe v Wade is overturned (and I don't believe it will be) this does NOT outlaw abortion.

It ends the poorly decided decision back to the states, and they can legalize abortion if they decide too.

Imagine that, the legislative representatives in each state having to do the work themselves instead of hiding behind the judiciary.

I believe that you are going to be surprised at how unpopular this really is.

Try and do better Tibs.  Calling people who believe that babies are being murdered "evil people" because you don't believe it, well THAT is evil.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, fake vaccine. So glad the demographics of the country is changing and yo7 guys are fading away 

It will never end no matter how many you fake vaccinate.  

Carry on with abortion soon to be outlawed thread (it will be left to the states)

Edited by Big Blitz

37 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Despite your normal childish theatrics, if Roe v Wade is overturned (and I don't believe it will be) this does NOT outlaw abortion.

It ends the poorly decided decision back to the states, and they can legalize abortion if they decide too.

Imagine that, the legislative representatives in each state having to do the work themselves instead of hiding behind the judiciary.

Try and do better Tibs.  Calling people who believe that babies are being murdered "evil people" because you don't believe it, well THAT is evil.

Yup, this will be a football on the local level after SC punts it back to states. 

Oh, and denying people health care is not evil? Makes people realize how little the GOP cares about its so called “pro-life” stance. It’s a stance, that’s all. 

38 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

It will never end no matter how many you fake vaccinate.  

Carry on with abortion soon to be outlawed thread (it will be left to the states)

Demographics, please hurry! 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Yup, this will be a football on the local level after SC punts it back to states. 

Oh, and denying people health care is not evil? Makes people realize how little the GOP cares about its so called “pro-life” stance. It’s a stance, that’s all. 

Your first sentence acknowledges that the decision goes back to the states,

But your second is illogical because their is no denying health care.

It is up to the states.

You just can't help yourself can you ?

42 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I don't want you to fall off your barstool in shock or anything, but ...

... I actually agree with this, at least as a general proposition. Although probably not for the same reasons.

Roe v. Wade has given states cover. They can go ahead and pass outrageous, clearly unconstitutional laws (as long as Roe is the law) knowing they'll be shot down. They can posture as defenders of life and still attract all those nice tech businesses from California in which 85% of the new employees are avowedly in favor of legal abortion. Roe makes it all too easy.

• Agree 1

IF outlawing abortion after 15 weeks overturns Roe vs Wade, then outlawing assault rifles repeals the 2nd Amendment, or requiring voter ID is Jim Crow on steroids.

A lot of hyperbole...

I also like that they are arguing that most women take longer than 3 months to figure out they're pregnant...

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Your first sentence acknowledges that the decision goes back to the states,

But your second is illogical because their is no denying health care.

It is up to the states.

You just can't help yourself can you ?

Yup, the states that will ban abortion because they just care so much for life, are also denying health care to their citizens. 

Damn, that is pretty telling, isn’t it? You guys are just monsters 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Yup, the states that will ban abortion because they just care so much for life, are also denying health care to their citizens. 

Damn, that is pretty telling, isn’t it? You guys are just monsters 

The only thing "telling", is you calling people "monsters" on something that hasn't happened, but what you presume will happen.

You start a thread.................make an unbalanced statement....................and then sneer at anyone who makes a comment.

What a perfect example of life as a leftist here on PPP.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

The only thing "telling", is you calling people "monsters" on something that hasn't happened, but what you presume will happen.

You start a thread.................make an unbalanced statement....................and then sneer at anyone who makes a comment.

What a perfect example of life as a leftist here on PPP.

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius

Ignore him and all his anti social troll alts.

Obviously this person hates himself intensely, all he wants to do is drag others into his sewer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

This is the ultimate freedom law. For all those who profess freedom for guns, masks, vaccines, etc, the freedom of choice should ring true. 

Do not suggest that you speak for the unborn, when you don't speak for the same and children in gun control consideration. 

This is a religious question and the US and most other civilized countries are no longer the sole domain of 1 religion. 

Let  us all learn to live together, respect each other's core beliefs, and share human rights respectfully. 

This world has so many problems to be solved to help us all survive. 

• Vomit 1

42 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

This is the ultimate freedom law. For all those who profess freedom for guns, masks, vaccines, etc, the freedom of choice should ring true. 

Do not suggest that you speak for the unborn, when you don't speak for the same and children in gun control consideration. 

This is a religious question and the US and most other civilized countries are no longer the sole domain of 1 religion. 

Let  us all learn to live together, respect each other's core beliefs, and share human rights respectfully. 

This world has so many problems to be solved to help us all survive. 

You should mind your own damn business if you're truly from Canada.

Stop preaching your leftist drivel..no one buys it.

Last time I checked it was the law of the land, and has nothing to do with religion.

What's funny is anyone can get an abortion and the left still cries and cries and cries.

You people never shut up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

You should mind your own damn business if you're truly from Canada.

Stop preaching your leftist drivel..no one buys it.

Last time I checked it was the law of the land, and has nothing to do with religion.

What's funny is anyone can get an abortion and the left still cries and cries and cries.

You people never shut up.

You are either deaf or blind to think this is not religious. You are typical of the unthinking part of society, reactionary and simple.

This is religious based...period. 

Recognize the world has changed. The US is not an island any longer. If you want it to be, kick out all those who do not believe...and bury your head.

You people never shut up