Michael Thomas out for start of season after surgery (update: won’t return in 2021)

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Michael Thomas out for start of season after surgery
7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Great timing Mike.  Worst contract in the nfl.  

You've got that right.  Apparently wanted to take it easy during training camp and underestimated the recovery time.  Just another case of paying a guy and having him check out.  If this had been a contract year for him, I would bet the surgery would have been done months ago and he would be in the rehab process.  The Saints need their few remaining top end talent guys to carry the load this season and Thomas does this.  This is why a lot of owners don't like paying high end contracts.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Great timing Mike.  Worst contract in the nfl.  

I know a lot people disagree, but I think the Saints have handed out some really bad contracts when Brees’ retirement should have been taken into consideration. They have all these big skill position contracts, but uncertainty at the QB position. It’s going to make rebuilding very difficult. The mistake is the belief some have that New Orleans are contenders. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Call it what you want, don’t see the point in trading WR depth for a late round pick for a team with SB aspirations this season. 

I mean if the alternative is getting nothing for them when they get picked up when we can't fit them on the regular season roster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.