New John Mayer album “Sob Rock” is fantastic!

JaCrispy

1 hour ago, Simon said:

That was so horrifically bad I can't tell if you're trolling. :lol:

Lol...No way, man...I grew up in the 80s, so I really enjoyed it...thought he reinvented himself again....I also appreciated the quirky irony of the album...just seemed like he had fun making this record- and not taking himself too seriously...👍

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

That was so horrifically bad I can't tell if you're trolling. :lol:

He is such a talented blues guitar player.  I totally get that he would make a lot less money making a blues album, but it frustrates me that he keeps pumping out bubblegum little girl pop crap.  Again ... I understand that he's gotta pay the beels.  But I wish he'd just make one great bluesy album.

I'd love to see him live to see him rip some blues, but there's no way I'd pay to see him and have to endure all of the other crap.

If you like the blues, check out some of Mayer's performances at some of Clapton's Crossroads shows from years past.  The dude smokes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He is such a talented blues guitar player.  I totally get that he would make a lot less money making a blues album, but it frustrates me that he keeps pumping out bubblegum little girl pop crap.  Again ... I understand that he's gotta pay the beels.  But I wish he'd just make one great bluesy album.

I'd love to see him live to see him rip some blues, but there's no way I'd pay to see him and have to endure all of the other crap.

If you like the blues, check out some of Mayer's performances at some of Clapton's Crossroads shows from years past.  The dude smokes.

Ya know, I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes a blues album...he’s dabbled in just about every other genre, so I could see him doing something like that next...👍

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Ya know, I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes a blues album...he’s dabbled in just about every other genre, so I could see him doing something like that next...👍

I think you might appreciate this one ... for years, I've always loved the idea of John Mayer and Norah Jones collaborating on an album.  It's just my idea, so it will likely never happen.  I just think they would sound amazing together.

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Everyone eventually sells out... 😏

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

Yeah...I just can't stand him.  Technical proficiency only goes so far (for me) when it comes to music. 

I don't mind him... Especially since being with Dead & Co... But there is something "sterile", elitist... Hypocritical about him personality-wise.  Reeks of privilege. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I don't mind him... Especially since being with Dead & Co... But there is something "sterile", elitist... Hypocritical about him personality-wise.  Reeks of privilege. 

Yeah, Mayer is probably around my age, and he reminds of the suburban hippy wannabes I went to school with. They talk all this new age one world, one love stuff, but actually don’t care about much more than being slim balls. 

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

Yeah...I just can't stand him.  Technical proficiency only goes so far (for me) when it comes to music. 

Mayer has the personality of an elite university frat boy, and it’s tough to tolerate in a grown man. I don’t care about musicians politics, lifestyle, or whether they’re a good person. I can’t get past Mayer’s personality though. His interviews always leave me feeling dirty, and seeing him as being slimy. This is coming from a guy who loves all the classic rock stars. They come across as mostly class acts compared to Mayer. He could write the greatest song ever, and I couldn’t get past it being John Mayer. That’s very rare for me, I don’t typically dislike people I’ve never met enough for it to ruin the music. 

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, Mayer is probably around my age, and he reminds of the suburban hippy wannabes I went to school with. They talk all this new age one world, one love stuff, but actually don’t care about much more than being slim balls. 

Mayer has the personality of an elite university frat boy, and it’s tough to tolerate in a grown man. I don’t care about musicians politics, lifestyle, or whether they’re a good person. I can’t get past Mayer’s personality though. His interviews always leave me feeling dirty, and seeing him as being slimy. This is coming from a guy who loves all the classic rock stars. They come across as mostly class acts compared to Mayer. He could write the greatest song ever, and I couldn’t get past it being John Mayer. That’s very rare for me, I don’t typically dislike people I’ve never met enough for it to ruin the music. 

He did do a good interview about this image...  I changed a little bit.  He's very aware of it, if it helps.

I will see if I can find it.

Here's one breakdown I had bookmarked:

• Like (+1) 1

That was Maren Morris, right??

I was about to turn it off cuz it sucked, but then she popped in. She's one of my guilty pleasures.

Isn't he a little late on the 80s theme? We're onto the 90s now. He should be making a grunge album.

Mmmmmmmm.... Maren Morris

11 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

That was Maren Morris, right??

I was about to turn it off cuz it sucked, but then she popped in. She's one of my guilty pleasures.

Isn't he a little late on the 80s theme? We're onto the 90s now. He should be making a grunge album.

Mmmmmmmm.... Maren Morris

Have you listened to the Highwomen with Maren, Brandi Carlisle, Amanda Shires and Natalie Hemby???  That's some pretty solid *****!!!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.