Eagles fan murders Giants fan

Greg S

14 hours ago, aristocrat said:

imagine sitting in prison for life just thinking...man i am an idiot.  people asking what you're in for and you explain what happened lol

Why would he be sitting in prison for life?  Is it self-defense when someone grabs you? Voluntary manslaughter, no?   Why did he run away? Was the gun legal?

“One guy grabbed the other guy and got him in a grip, and the other guy pulled out a gun and shot him in the torso. It was one shot. The cops came right away,” he added.

Hey, not advocating it, but don't grab a person.  I mean they were fighting. 

Just another example I’ve told my sons the avg. IQ is 100.  That means half of this world is below it.  Make sure you make decisions confirming you’re over it.

No banter on sports is worth even getting that upset.  You’re at a bar (not that i go to them anymore) and a friendly banter ensues on two teams.  It starts getting personal then just excuse yourself, not even worth raising you’re voice.

23 hours ago, Greg S said:

That sounds about par for the course in the world we live in today.

22 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Was in Philly two months ago and went to 8-10 cheese steak spots (gained about 20 lbs on the trip). We had 6 people with us and we all were very disappointed with all of them. It became almost an obsession to try and find one that was half decentnice restaurants, bars, hole in the walls, average restaurants, all bad. Got to Hoboken and someone ordered one and it was fantastic.  Couldn't understand how a place is known for cheese steaks and they're all terrible. Geno and pats were tied for the worst.

Was sending pics to my buddy that's from Philly and he had an excuse for every terrible pic. Oh they burnt that one, oh the good cook was off that day. Every place was an excuse. Nah they're just terrible 

Philly cheese steaks are actually garbage, NJ has better cheese steaks.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Was in Philly two months ago and went to 8-10 cheese steak spots (gained about 20 lbs on the trip). We had 6 people with us and we all were very disappointed with all of them. It became almost an obsession to try and find one that was half decentnice restaurants, bars, hole in the walls, average restaurants, all bad. Got to Hoboken and someone ordered one and it was fantastic.  Couldn't understand how a place is known for cheese steaks and they're all terrible. Geno and pats were tied for the worst.

Was sending pics to my buddy that's from Philly and he had an excuse for every terrible pic. Oh they burnt that one, oh the good cook was off that day. Every place was an excuse. Nah they're just terrible 

you should fight him about it 

• Haha (+1) 2

I didn't see any mention of "Giants fan" in the story either. I bet it was a Jets fan - I will not be convinced that we know the true circumstances of this crime until our resident expert on New York City culture, Jimmy Spagnola, checks in about this. You out there Jimmy? Any inside info about this? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Buftex said:

Life imitating art?  Has anyone seen the excellent movie "Big Fan" (2009) starring Patton Oswalt and Michael Rappaport as "Philadelphia Phil"?  

Very dark, very funny....

Seen it before, your post got me to watch it last night again. Great movie

What the Bills actually  need is somewhat more out of Josh as a decision maker, and a lot more out of the run game ie; the O line & RBs both,  a WR Corp that isn’t all injured for the playoffs, and the “D” to stay healthy (unlike last season) and up their game across the board, that being accomplished we win the Super Bowl, 😁👍

5 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I didn't see any mention of "Giants fan" in the story either. I bet it was a Jets fan - I will not be convinced that we know the true circumstances of this crime until our resident expert on New York City culture, Jimmy Spagnola, checks in about this. You out there Jimmy? Any inside info about this? 

As I stated only in links at end of article.

FILED UNDER FOOTBALL ,  MURDERS ,  NEW YORK GIANTS ,  PHILADELPHIA ,  PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ,  SHOOTINGS ,  7/23/21

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This is why we have armed mods on TBD

Armed?  I am more worried about legged.  As my buddy has told me based on size of my feet "Whatever you do don't kick me!"

On 7/23/2021 at 5:37 AM, BarleyNY said:

Restaurant owner’s quote from the article:

“I don’t understand what goes through people’s minds. … It’s a fricking tragedy when anyone dies senselessly.”

Kinda says it all 

I think the following says even more:

"Pat’s was closed for several hours as police investigated — but the Philly mainstay was soon back in business, and customers lined up for hoagies hours later, the paper said."

2 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I think the following says even more:

"Pat’s was closed for several hours as police investigated — but the Philly mainstay was soon back in business, and customers lined up for hoagies hours later, the paper said."

It says people are hungry.

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

It says people are hungry.

If someone gets murdered at a place of business, the employees deserve the rest of the day off after they get done talking to the police. Then again, a Philly does sound really good since reading the article. 

200w.gif

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Sounds like trying to find a good beef on weck in Buffalo, because I've tried them from all the "top" places and it's pretty much just a less flavorful, less moist, colder Arby's roast beef sandwich.

There's a reason it's only a thing in Buffalo... it's not good.

I feel similar about beef on weck. Most places are as you described. Bar bills is alright but it's still just bland beef on a salty roll, nothing to write home about. I like horseradish so if I get a beef it's so I can eat that. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 7/23/2021 at 11:23 AM, State Rt. 21 N. said:

Nothing seems to be sacred anymore not even Human life. 

Anymore? Humans have been dehumanizing fellow humans so they have a clean conscience doing horrible things to them for their own gain for a really, really long time.

That said, I agree things are getting crazier.

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I feel similar about beef on weck. Most places are as you described. Bar bills is alright but it's still just bland beef on a salty roll, nothing to write home about. I like horseradish so if I get a beef it's so I can eat that. 

It's because they aren't making the Beef on Weck to O.E.M specs with GRAVY! Who's bright idea was it to start throwing bland au jus on those things! Bougie food snobs, that's who!!!

😆... Special shout out to: @Gugny

^^^^And hey "Mutual Friend" I am prepared to fight you on this one... Don't even attempt to grab me, I might be packing! 

They're watching and will give a full report to the police! vvvvv

@Mike in Horseheads

@BringBackFergy

@Beerball

Anyway... It's just bar food, not supposed to be anything fancy or over done,  fussed about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1