Who will the Bills miss most this season?

Who will the Bills miss most?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Which will the Bills miss the most this year?

Other in that one can make an argument several of these guys could help in spot duty, but there is always an opportunity cost.

Roberts was an excellent returner, but a luxury pick.  I think he was offered

$2 mil. Or so on another team.  The obvious is there was a cap reduction.  The whole league is making hard decisions and there were tons of veteran middle of the pack players who were going to either take less or be cut.

Beane is leaning on every tool he has to make this team work.

The only one I could see as missed is Marlowe.  Played a fraction of the snaps as Wallace yet produced.  

Nsekhe essentially never played (5% snaps) so you can't miss a guy the most because you might need him to play.

Roberts made a lot of bad decisions to run kicks out of the EZ.  He had 160 yards net positive on 32 returns vs touchbacks and 35 of those extra yards came on a 60 yard return.  Not a top 5 punt returner (Ray Ray was better in 2020...).

Nsekhe. Can never have too many quality O lineman. Especially one as versatile as he was.

Don't think Roberts will be missed as much as many think. There are so many touchbacks now.  It really has neutered what used to be the most exciting play in football.

I also chose Roberts because I don’t see an obvious replacement for his role of what he contributed - getting the ball back to josh Allen with good field position on both KR and PR- on the roster right now. Do we have a guy who has shown he can do both and do them well? Best case scenario is that McKenzie and Stevenson both make the team, effectively  handle PR and KR respectively, and make solid contributions at the WR position as well. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

Really good thread btw… legit got me thinking in this one.  

Has to be between Nsehke and Roberts.  

Roberts may not be an electric guy, but he typically made good decisions, was sure handed and seemed good for one 30-40 return per game to flip the field.  

Nsehke wasn’t noticeable at all whenever he had to step in - and for a swing tackle in a pass heavy offense, is a great thing.  

Marlowe was good, but I think the staff likes what they have in younger guys behind Hyde/Poyer.   I trust McDermott, almost with my life, when it comes to secondary players.  

• Like (+1) 1

It is easy to underestimate value of a high quality, reliable returner until you don't have one. Then all hell can break loose on special teams and games can be lost. We may not find ourselves in that difficult place and I hope we don't. But, I will say that I always felt good knowing Andre Roberts was back there.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, RochesterLifer said:

It is easy to underestimate value of a high quality, reliable returner until you don't have one. Then all hell can break loose on special teams and games can be lost. We may not find ourselves in that difficult place and I hope we don't. But, I will say that I always felt good knowing Andre Roberts was back there.

Agree completely.  

Flip side, it will feel good to not have a KR/PR taking a spot at WR when we pass the ball a ton.   

That drop, turned interception, that he had to start the game against the Titans put me on tilt.