Sunday Ticket 2021

Called today because of issues not related to the Sunday ticket. When they replaced my old HR20 receiver with a mini Genie last week, they also enrolled me in a protection plan, which I cancelled. Due to some screw-up on DirecTV's side, during the replacement I was for a week without DirecTV; they credited me $44 for this loss of service.

Then I asked about the Sunday ticket for loyal customers (I have been with them since 2003). I got $16.50 off per month of the Sunday ticket (for 6 months) plus $45 off per month of the total bill for a year. Total savings: ~$640 (without the reimbursement for the week without TV).

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It finally hit me this morning that the season is starting soon...got a little bit of butterflies in the abdomen.  

Same but mine is for my auction draft for fantasy football Saturday

Called yesterday and spoke to retention. Told them I was having trouble paying the high price of direct tv but my wife still wanted to keep the service. Asked them if they could somehow make us both satisfied. Explained that I like the NFL ticket and if they could lower my bill. I was put on hold and then told I wasn't eligible for any discounts. I already have $50 off promotion that's current. She told me I could get the NFL ticket Max for free. Boy was I happy! Good luck everyone. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Wow what a score I just made.   A week ago my wireless client failed and they sent me a new one.  They than sent an email saying I needed to return it and took it to fedex for return.  Get there and they scan the number and receiver and say Ok Jared we got it all.  I interrupt name is not Jared.   Anyways left called directv main number and said deactivate receiver.   Got to loyalty however didnt realize it until I got frustrated with the guy not following what my issue was and I sad oh well I will call Loyalty folks   He than says he is loyalty.   First things first we fix the issue with receiver and they waive return.  Next we verify old DVR that failed a few months ago is all deactivated and need not be returned.   SO I happen to ask any deals on ST he says let me check.  A few minutes later sure we can give it to you for free!!!   I than asked about expiring credits and he gave me another 20$ a month for 6 month credit.  

I am now one happy camper and checked account it shows I have it and can add Max for 17$ a month.  I dont care about redzone or fantasy football so no need to add plus if I really want to find redone I am sure there may be places 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

I got noting 'yet" on Sunday ticket but did get my $60 bucks a month for 12 months renewed and $5 off HBO for 3 months. So $735 savings. Between the prime time games and locals I should get all the games, I will miss all the out of town games.  I'll call back next week and go for 23 years straight years with ST and now i don't get a discount whine LOL

8 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I got noting 'yet" on Sunday ticket but did get my $60 bucks a month for 12 months renewed and $5 off HBO for 3 months. So $735 savings. Between the prime time games and locals I should get all the games, I will miss all the out of town games.  I'll call back next week and go for 23 years straight years with ST and now i don't get a discount whine LOL

Call today it's first of the month retention agents have deals they can hand out now.  Your discounts cover the cost they are giving 12.5$ off the 6 payments for ST so should be able to get that at least.

On 9/3/2021 at 2:21 AM, Xwnyer said:

Call today it's first of the month retention agents have deals they can hand out now.  Your discounts cover the cost they are giving 12.5$ off the 6 payments for ST so should be able to get that at least.

Thanks for your suggestion.  A week ago they said no discounts available.  Today, customer service rep said I was already getting it at a discount for $300.  They forwarded me to a specific NFL Ticket rep and she gave me 25% off.  

More money for beer, pizza and wings!

Called this evening as my discounts were expiring. Gave me another 12 month credit of $60 per month ($720) and free Sunday ticket. Same as last year. Really have no complaints with the service I’ve received from Direct TV. Been a customer since 2007.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/6/2021 at 7:17 PM, BobbyC81 said:

Thanks for your suggestion.  A week ago they said no discounts available.  Today, customer service rep said I was already getting it at a discount for $300.  They forwarded me to a specific NFL Ticket rep and she gave me 25% off.  

More money for beer, pizza and wings!

You can an me money via venmo Lol

Was so in disbelief of the last call I went ahead and called back. Spoke to a nice gentleman in Alabama call center named Franklyn. Said the last lady I spoke to was incompetent, and proceeded to give me $50 billing discount for 12 mos, and the ticket for $220.44. I will take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday!:beer:

• Like (+1) 2