Sunday Ticket 2021

4 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Can the folks that got the email or a letter (really? snail mail?) are you AT&T cell customers as well?  In the past, it seemed like AT&T cell phone customers have been getting the deals ahead of those, like me (Verizon), who aren't. 

I've been with DTV over 20 years and while I got ST last year for free, I've never gotten an email or a letter...I've always had to haggle every year like I'm buying a used car.

I was wondering this as well. They always try to get me to switch to att mobile any time I call and say there are a bunch of incentives. But I like Verizon. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/20/2021 at 11:47 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Well, apparently I’m getting it free. I went to chat and asked them to confirm that Sunday Ticket and ST Max is free to me this season because I am a longtime customer (I did not get the email saying this). They responded that it is indeed free. My current bill shows no cost, but I didn’t think it showed up until the September bill normally so I guess I’ll believe it when I see it. 

At first I thought we got the Sunday Ticket for free because we have been with Directv since the mid 90's.  But friends of our received the same email offering a free Sunday Ticket and they have only been a Directv subscriber for 2 years.  Both of us are AT&T cell phone subscribers.  I believe that is the key.

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

At first I thought we got the Sunday Ticket for free because we have been with Directv since the mid 90's.  But friends of our received the same email offering a free Sunday Ticket and they have only been a Directv subscriber for 2 years.  Both of us are AT&T cell phone subscribers.  I believe that is the key.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

I have cell phones with AT&T and have had that and directv over 20 years and did not get it free this year. i did get discounts to cover the cost though

The truth?  I believe there is no rhyme or reason whatsoever for how they decide who gets ST for free.  My mom has gotten it two years in a row without asking for anything.  I didn't get it last year but got the email this year.  There is literally no factor that leads me to believe there is a way to predict who will or won't get the "golden ticket" email.  But as others have noted, even if you don't get the email you can call and likely get discounts that (more than) offset the cost.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

The truth?  I believe there is no rhyme or reason whatsoever for how they decide who gets ST for free.  My mom has gotten it two years in a row without asking for anything.  I didn't get it last year but got the email this year.  There is literally no factor that leads me to believe there is a way to predict who will or won't get the "golden ticket" email.  But as others have noted, even if you don't get the email you can call and likely get discounts that (more than) offset the cost.

I concur

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

Very Strange, but I will gladly accept their generosity.

By the way, I have always appreciated your "dolphin sushi"  profile logo.  Thank you.

5 hours ago, eball said:

I had them in a chat  wanted to stop something. Mentioned my son is in college and do I get a break on ST. Told me I get ST and Center Ice free. 

Try a chat  you never know 

Well, couple of weeks ago, while in a chat with DTV, a rep told me I was getting ST at no charge this season.  Nothing ever showed up on my account, so, as advised by a previous poster, I sent a DM via Twitter to DTV, along with the transcript of the chat.  They got on it quick enough and the rep had to call me, but within an hour, I was squared away. 

My $40/month promotion is up Sept. 20, so that's my next call...

15 hours ago, Old Man said:

I had them in a chat  wanted to stop something. Mentioned my son is in college and do I get a break on ST. Told me I get ST and Center Ice free. 

Try a chat  you never know 

I was on chat a week ago and was promised this. When my bill came ST was on there. 

For the 2nd year in a row, without doing a thing, we are getting Sunday ticket for free again.  I swear it has something to do with us also using AT&T for phones.  I verified by called DIRECTTV yesterday.  Not complaining, but weird.  I'll take it!  Go Bills!

7 minutes ago, KCNC said:

For the 2nd year in a row, without doing a thing, we are getting Sunday ticket for free again.  I swear it has something to do with us also using AT&T for phones.  I verified by called DIRECTTV yesterday.  Not complaining, but weird.  I'll take it!  Go Bills!

Nope

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, KCNC said:

Nope.

have ATT phones for 5 years and DTV for 18 years.  Got $16 off for 5 payments and a $75 one time credit.

Not complaining.  Wish it was free though.

Edited by davefan66

On 8/23/2021 at 1:45 PM, eball said:

Could it be possible that it's going out to people who haven't made any recent efforts to have their bills adjusted and as a result have a bunch of potential reductions on their accounts they haven't really attempted to procure?

Got the $55 off for 12 months on 1st call.

Chat option gave me first payment of $65, waived for  Sunday Ticket.

2nd call and asked for loyalty, gave me another 16.50 off the 5 payments for Sunday Ticket  and 5 dollars off HBO for 3 months.

Edited by boco357

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Could it be possible that it's going out to people who haven't made any recent efforts to have their bills adjusted and as a result have a bunch of potential reductions on their accounts they haven't really attempted to procure?

Nope. I’m a guy who calls for adjustments every year and this year they gave it to me. 

• Like (+1) 2