Sunday Ticket 2021

21 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The fact people are still using this with so many free options available is mind boggling to me.

Dude, you couldn’t even figure out that Jake Kumerow only played 11 snaps Friday night before starting a post about how he “didn’t show up.” I have a feeling a lot of things are “mind boggling” to you. 

• Like (+1) 3

Wondering how the eBay option works. Doesn’t sound kosher but this guy gives a warranty.  Even if he uses student info, wouldn’t he still have to pay the student rate to DTV? 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NFL-Sunday-Ticket-Max-W-Season-Warranty-24-hour-delivery-/353627480425?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

10 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Wondering how the eBay option works. Doesn’t sound kosher but this guy gives a warranty.  Even if he uses student info, wouldn’t he still have to pay the student rate to DTV? 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NFL-Sunday-Ticket-Max-W-Season-Warranty-24-hour-delivery-/353627480425?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I used this last year. It worked some weeks and others it didn't. Other people were using it at the same time, so clearly the person also kept the login or sold it to multiple people.

11 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Name a free option that is as easy, reliable, and has the same picture quality as Sunday Ticket. I'll wait.

Not to mention convenience. With Directv Sunday ticket. It's on any TV in the house (that's connected) at the same time. It's on our big flat screen in HD that can be viewed by a whole room, not on a personal cell phone or tablet screen. 

With Sunday ticket, we have time-shifting flexibility, using our DVRs to record and start the showing after it's started (skipping through commercials) and having immediate access to review the recorded game.

I don't understand the lengths some people go through in an attempt to get over on Directv.

It's a wonderfully convenient service. Take it from someone who didn't live in WNY when the Jim Kelly era began and was starving for any broadcast or info that was available as the team became respectable. There was no home satellite service or sports bars to show your favorite team.  I had to wait for a morning recap in USA Today.  Later, we could subscribe to one of the weekly Bills newspapers that always showed up 3 weeks after the game it reviewed (if it showed up at all).

I've had the Sunday Ticket for over 20 years. Compared to those bygone days, it's a luxury to sit at home in the fall with the fireplace going, roast in the oven, pets curled around our feet, wearing the same ragged sweats that we put on Friday after work, and tune in to Bills' football.  Far better than the sports bar experience. 

I love my Sunday Ticket.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Not to mention convenience. With Directv Sunday ticket. It's on any TV in the house (that's connected) at the same time. It's on our big flat screen in HD that can be viewed by a whole room, not on a personal cell phone or tablet screen. 

With Sunday ticket, we have time-shifting flexibility, using our DVRs to record and start the showing after it's started (skipping through commercials) and having immediate access to review the recorded game.

I don't understand the lengths some people go through in an attempt to get over on Directv.

It's a wonderfully convenient service. Take it from someone who didn't live in WNY when the Jim Kelly era began and was starving for any broadcast or info that was available as the team became respectable. There was no home satellite service or sports bars to show your favorite team.  I had to wait for a morning recap in USA Today.  Later, we could subscribe to one of the weekly Bills newspapers that always showed up 3 weeks after the game it reviewed (if it showed up at all).

I've had the Sunday Ticket for over 20 years. Compared to those bygone days, it's a luxury to sit at home in the fall with the fireplace going, roast in the oven, pets curled around our feet, wearing the same ragged sweats that we put on Friday after work, and tune in to Bills' football.  Far better than the sports bar experience. 

I love my Sunday Ticket.

You describe my experience almost to a T.  I moved to Atlanta in '93 and that first season I was at a bar every week.  When DTV came around I was first on the list and never looked back.  Before they were absorbed by AT&T I had a six digit account number!  As noted above I'm in the process of cutting my DTV cord but that's for reasons other than the Ticket.  It has been a godsend for this starving Bills fan.

1 hour ago, fergie's ire said:

Sorry if this was answered elsewhere in the thread, but does anyone know how they verify college students?  Is it just an edu email?  I have a staff position, so I have an edu email...but didn't know if they verified student status somehow.

They have a verification site, there is some sort of automated registry it checks against. If you are a student and it does not recognize you there are manual workarounds. The issue i've encountered is that the student's name has to be on the credit card. 

https://nflst.directv.com/student?source=ECnf2500000nfl00P&WT.srch=1&wtExtndSource=directv+student+discount&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIivXG75248gIV6WxvBB07ZgtOEAAYASAAEgJ_6vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

12 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

I used an option similar to this last year with no issue. Individuals who have the DTV service are also given the option for streaming logon - which is what is being sold. 

Edited by CBD
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CBD said:

They have a verification site, there is some sort of automated registry it checks against. If you are a student and it does not recognize you there are manual workarounds. 

https://nflst.directv.com/student?source=ECnf2500000nfl00P&WT.srch=1&wtExtndSource=directv+student+discount&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIivXG75248gIV6WxvBB07ZgtOEAAYASAAEgJ_6vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I used an option similar to this last year with no issue. Individuals who have the DTV service are also given the option for streaming logon - which is what is being sold. 

I stated earlier that I just had my nephew get me the student Sunday ticket a few days ago.

One thing I have noticed is I have to log in every time I open the Sunday Ticket App on my Roku.

Is this typical?  I have the "Remember Me" box checked.

1 hour ago, fergie's ire said:

Sorry if this was answered elsewhere in the thread, but does anyone know how they verify college students?  Is it just an edu email?  I have a staff position, so I have an edu email...but didn't know if they verified student status somehow.

Last year I used my son's college email address. They confirmed his email and he had to send proof that he was registered for classes that semester. This year they just auto-renewed without verifying his email or registration status.

• Like (+1) 1

I am using my college daughter’s Sunday ticket app this year for the first time. When I login it says every live game but then when I hit ok it logs me out. Is this how everyone’s app is now unti the season starts?

Edited by freester

On 7/22/2021 at 11:31 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I called Directv and spoke with someone in the cancellation area who told me there are no offers for Sunday Ticket at this time. Mine is going to auto-renew but hoping for a discount of some kind. If you made your call, post your deal if you got one. Thanks! 

Call back a week before the season and ask for customer retention. I have never paid for the ticket.

30 minutes ago, freester said:

I am using my college daughter’s Sunday ticket app this year for the first time. When I login it says every live game but then when I hit ok it logs me out. Is this how everyone’s app is now unti the season starts?

yup, once the season begins it works fine

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Name a free option that is as easy, reliable, and has the same picture quality as Sunday Ticket. I'll wait.

The streaming option for college kids with discount code is $99. Same picture quality , have used for two years , never an issue. Actually had issues with heavy rain now and again with DTV. 

and as I stated , I save about $1400 a year with YouTube TV vs DTV. Pays for one of seasons tickets. 

2 hours ago, CBD said:

This will be 3rd year for me, never an issue paying with my CC. Have never heard cars needs to be in same name. 

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I stated earlier that I just had my nephew get me the student Sunday ticket a few days ago.

One thing I have noticed is I have to log in every time I open the Sunday Ticket App on my Roku.

Is this typical?  I have the "Remember Me" box checked.

Has never been an issue for me. 

2 hours ago, Westside Madness said:

This isn't a Sunday ticket question, but it is a game access question. I know that the Paramount+ (used to be CBS All Access) gives access to channel 4, but do we know if it will allow the watching of live local games?

likely NO.  

17 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

The streaming option for college kids with discount code is $99. Same picture quality , have used for two years , never an issue. Actually had issues with heavy rain now and again with DTV.

The streaming option for college students is Sunday Ticket via DTV, just without the dish and without the monthly DTV subscription to all the other channels. The guy Giuseppe was responding to suggested that there are free ways to get the games. I think we're all aware of those - I did it for a year, and the issues are ease of use, quality, and reliability.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1