Sunday Ticket 2021

On 8/13/2021 at 6:46 AM, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

No wasn't my approach or anything. Always respectful because you're not going to get anything being an a-hole. Was the same with many family members, friends, and just people I talked to at work that had DTV. Also I have seen many post on this board ppl not happy with DTV. 

At that time they were always about the new customers and not existing ones. 

This is 💯 my problem I’ve had DTV for 6 years and my bill with Sunday ticket is 200$ a month if I don’t get any discount. When I call the loyalty department I’m as nice as I can be. but I did ask a lady today how do you think people can afford a 200$ a month cable bill. And I don’t have HBO or nothing my bill always seem to go up. I can’t wait till there’s other ways to watch the bills in Mississippi DTV is way to pricey 

• Agree 1

I just want to thank all the poster who talked about the DirecTV Sunday Ticket student deal.

I just was at a birthday party for my nephews little girl and gave him the $100.  He is going to college for a Masters and signed 

into the deal and got me the info.  I'm signed into my Roku App for Sunday Ticket and I'm cooking like Betty Crocker!

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The fact people are still using this with so many free options available is mind boggling to me.

some people enjoy a reliable feed that is also not illegal. you do you bro.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, zevo said:

some people enjoy a reliable feed that is also not illegal. you do you bro.

yeah plus I synch audio from sirius with video from DTV been doing it for years very easy to do, cant do that with feeds that may quit mid game

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The fact people are still using this with so many free options available is mind boggling to me.

I’m not looking for free options, I just like a discount if it’s available. I love the flexibility of putting any game on at any time on any of my TVs or devices and will pay for that convenience. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 7/23/2021 at 3:39 AM, chongli said:

Not Sunday Ticket, but I tried that with my cable internet company, Spectrum (formerly Charter). I was a customer for 4-5 years. They kept increasing the price each year, but still gave me an offer.

Finally, a few years ago, I called again and they offered a small discount. I called their bluff and canceled my account. I was shocked when they did cancel with no conter-offer. 

I didn't wait for the cancelation date in a few weeks, and got nervous. So I called them back that same day and got the new rep to give me the same offer (I forgot to mention the free speed upgrade they had offered though, lol). He couldn't reinstate the old account, but gave me a new one. I ended up paying for almost a month more because of new billing dates. Maybe I should have waited, but I freaked out since there is no really good alternative other than slower AT&T U-Verse.

The next year I just took their best offer and renewed. Not worth the hassle of bluffing a cancellation over $10 a month or whatever, spending more time on the phone with a new rep, ending up paying a month extra, and the added stress, at least not when there is no good alternative.

Spectrum is the Clint Eastwood of internet service providers.  You stepped to the High Plains Drifter, ya durn fool!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not looking for free options, I just like a discount if it’s available. I love the flexibility of putting any game on at any time on any of my TVs or devices and will pay for that convenience. 

There are plenty of options out there that cost far less than ST

Edited by Big Turk

The first CSR I talked to was unable to give me any discount.  She sent me over to "Sunday Ticket Dept. CSR"

Real nice lady "Lexus" understood my predicament.  I threw two of my friends under the bus ( @Gugny and @ExiledInIllinois) and said these two shmoes have only had Directv for 5 years and they got Sunday Ticket for free...whereas I have had DTV for 20+ years and all my cell phones are AT&T.

Lexus said I was wayyyy more loyal than the aforementioned knuckleheads and gave me the following:

Sunday ticket at $48/month for 6 months

LOYALTY discount of $45/month for 12 months

So, Sunday Ticket will be total cost of $288

12 Month discount valued at $540

Net profit = $252

I'm goin' to Sizzler

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

The first CSR I talked to was unable to give me any discount.  She sent me over to "Sunday Ticket Dept. CSR"

Real nice lady "Lexus" understood my predicament.  I threw two of my friends under the bus ( @Gugny and @ExiledInIllinois) and said these two shmoes have only had Directv for 5 years and they got Sunday Ticket for free...whereas I have had DTV for 20+ years and all my cell phones are AT&T.

Lexus said I was wayyyy more loyal than the aforementioned knuckleheads and gave me the following:

Sunday ticket at $48/month for 6 months

LOYALTY discount of $45/month for 12 months

So, Sunday Ticket will be total cost of $288

12 Month discount valued at $540

Net profit = $252

I'm goin' to Sizzler

Lol, I guess you could call that a win. If you said other 2 got it free and only been customers for 5 years, yet you have 20 plus and still had to pay $288.  Hey a little something is better than nothing though

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

15 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol, I guess you could call that a win. If you said other 2 got it free and only been customers for 5 years, yet you have 20 plus and still had to pay $288.  Hey a little something is better than nothing though

$540 - $288 = FREE plus $252 in my pocket.  I guess it's a win.

12 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I just want to thank all the poster who talked about the DirecTV Sunday Ticket student deal.

I just was at a birthday party for my nephews little girl and gave him the $100.  He is going to college for a Masters and signed 

into the deal and got me the info.  I'm signed into my Roku App for Sunday Ticket and I'm cooking like Betty Crocker!

You owe him $20

does the app method really work? Like just downloading it on my smart tv? Does the ticket include all of the prime time games?

What do I need to do to get a login for the app? Sign up and not request a dish?

Currently I just signed up for Hulu+ Live TV for 65 a month during the season and an extra 10 if i want redzone. Kind of bummed out about paying that much but it includes all of the prime channels, nfl network, espn, and a redzone option. And I can cancel anytime.

Edited by What a Tuel

Welp.

Got the offer today of $16.50 off per payment x 6 payments and a lump sum $75 credit.  Comes out to about $225 for ST Max.  Not what I wanted, but really don’t care to keep calling back.  Had a couple free years and then paid $100 bucks each of the last 2 years, so can’t complain.  Add in the $60 per month loyalty credit I already had and it’s not too shabby.

• Like (+1) 2