Sunday Ticket 2021

19 hours ago, Dirtbag said:

lol. so based on the responses in this thread you ended up being completely wrong.

normally i wouldn't bother following up on this nonsense, but you were awfully cocky -- especially since you were clearly wrong.

enjoy paying full price in your reality, my man. 👍

If you’re paying attention, you’ll notice that I posted that only after several people announced they had been given the free season. I’m NOT saying they are lying, as I’m sure they are reporting what actually happened to them. I’m wrong often, but not here as I was just kidding based upon how absurd  this sounds from my experience. It’s an annual game of cat and mouse I prefer not to play. I have never before heard of DTV giving away something that was not even asked for.

I did make a rare run at trying to get a discount last year, only to be shot down. I hate DTV and only have them for Sunday Ticket. Maybe 1-2 times a year my cable goes out and I’m glad to have a backup. 

It’s just not worth it to me to call and beg every year for a discount. You’re welcome. 

EDIT: We live well within our means. We are very frugal by most people’s standards. The DTV ST battle is one I’m just not willing to take on at this time. We all have our hot buttons. 

Edited by Augie
  • Eyeroll 1

great Success! 10 minute call. Free ST Max/Red Zone. been a consistent customer for 7 years so wasn't sure but have about a 66% success rate over the years. 

Spoke with a woman who said I need to speak with Billing as they are handling ST. I said, No, I need Loyalty/retention! She said, "I am loyalty and retention dum dum". I sheepishly apologized and was transferred. The next Rep looked at account and said we can add ST Max for free. 

Thanks again to all the trailblazers that came before. 

1 hour ago, Ned Flanders said:

What number did you call?  The main numbert and ask for "Loyalty?"

I called the standard contact number on my bill and voice prompted for "cancel my service". I wasn't threatening to cancel I just knew it would bring me to retentions and then I just asked the guy if I had the ticket offer for free.

• Like (+1) 1

Did someone already explain this? What's the difference between Sunday Ticket and Sunday Ticket Max?  I haven't received any email from DirecTV but I've only been a customer (with the Ticket) since 2015.  

7 minutes ago, Jester said:

Did someone already explain this? What's the difference between Sunday Ticket and Sunday Ticket Max?  I haven't received any email from DirecTV but I've only been a customer (with the Ticket) since 2015.  

Red Zone Channel included with Max

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I have never before heard of DTV giving away something that was not even asked for.

I did make a rare run at trying to get a discount last year, only to be shot down. I hate DTV and only have them for Sunday Ticket. Maybe 1-2 times a year my cable goes out and I’m glad to have a backup. 

It’s just not worth it to me to call and beg every year for a discount. You’re welcome. 

image.png.e600f6929264510950ea9d4578f4bdac.png

I have never called nor threatened to leave.  They literally just gave it to me.  Second year in a row.  Last year it was sans Redzone.  This year is with Redzone.  I have been a DTV customer since 1991 so maybe it's a loyalty thing.  Maybe the guy who runs DTV is a JA17/Buffalo Bills fan...  Anyway, I'm stoked because I was ready to pay for it.  Hell if I would pay for it during the Whaley/Nix years, I sure as heck was going to pay for it during the McBeane years.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Thanks to all posting in this thread. It’s always about timing as there seems to be a window when they give out the offers. I usually call and go through a song and dance. This year I DM’d ATT support and just asked straight up if they could comp me ST Max. Got a message back saying they would look into it. Then a rep called me back within an hour and gave it to me for free. Easiest route in 9 years I’ve been doing this. 
Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1

Just an fyi since I only noticed yesterday, in regards to Bills preseason games on NFLN.....I didn't think I'd be able to watch since I have Hulu, however Hulu now has NFLN and actually a few other channels that were not available before.

Anyways, in case others also have Hulu and aren't aware I just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Made the call.  Nothing available.  Told me to call back after tomorrow as it’s the end of my biking cycle and deals drop with the billing cycle before the season.

She stated there are 3 levels of deals, and everyone gets one.  1.  Something like 16 bucks off each payment for regular Sunday ticket.  2.  16 bucks off each payment for ST Max and 3. Free.

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Made the call.  Nothing available.  Told me to call back after tomorrow as it’s the end of my biking cycle and deals drop with the billing cycle before the season.

She stated there are 3 levels of deals, and everyone gets one.  1.  Something like 16 bucks off each payment for regular Sunday ticket.  2.  16 bucks off each payment for ST Max and 3. Free.

Very helpful. My gut has been telling me to call around tomorrow— mid-August is always the time I usually call. 

3 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Ppl are fed up with DTV and they are losing customers. Always has been new customers get ST, HBO free, and 6 month discount. The existing customers that have been with them for years don't get anything. Only way you could get anything was to call and threaten to cancel.

Now I hear from many that customer service reps treat ppl like crap and nasty. 

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Ppl are fed up with DTV and they are losing customers. Always has been new customers get ST, HBO free, and 6 month discount. The existing customers that have been with them for years don't get anything. Only way you could get anything was to call and threaten to cancel.

Now I hear from many that customer service reps treat ppl like crap and nasty. 

I've been a DTV customer for 20+ years and have received ST totally free the last two years without doing anything.

I wonder if you're basing your assumption on the squeaky wheels instead of the full set of tires?

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I've been a DTV customer for 20+ years and have received ST totally free the last two years without doing anything.

I wonder if you're basing your assumption on the squeaky wheels instead of the full set of tires?

I'm basing it off of the 10 years I had DTV if you want to call that "squeaky wheels". Also if you have gotten ST last 2 years free, you sir are one of the lucky ones. Because it is rare since AT&T took over. I canceled in 2018

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins