Sunday Ticket 2021

16 minutes ago, Fallsnative01 said:

I have had Direct TV for 15 years. Earlier this year I called and asked for a deep discount that included NFL ticket or I was cutting cable and going to Hulu, etc and they told me "Thanks for being a Direct TV customer all these years, we'l send you the termination paperwork." They made no effort to keep me, so I cut the cord. Too many streaming platforms available now to pay that much. 

Nice to see another Colorado Springs fan!  The exact same thing happened to me a couple of years age.  I sent their crap back and streamed ever since.

I had been a customer for over 20 years with Sunday ticket every year.  I sometimes believe this hit and miss discount stuff in Zip Code related.

Checked my e-mail after reading this and what a nice surprise.  Usually I have to cry over the phone for a break which I have always gotten something.  This year an early Christmas gift.  I was told by a repairman two weeks ago that one third of DT was sold and they are real concerned  about customer service and were working on it.  What a great way top work on it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/3/2021 at 7:26 PM, Augie said:

These stories popping up remind me a bit of fantasies from Penthouse Forum. (I knew a guy who used to tell me about them.) This seems about as likely, from my experience, but it sure sounds great! 

Being gifted a free year of Sunday Ticket without even asking does not sound like something that would ever happen in reality.

We went through this same thing last year.  It was free Sunday Ticket Max but you still had to pay for Sunday Ticket.

I didn't believe it until I saw it, because every year I have to call and threaten to cancel, but this year they are just handing it out for free like candy on Halloween! (I imagine it has everything to do with how much the package you subscribe to is, and what discounts are active or not on your monthly bill. This is the e-mail I got today.

image.thumb.png.dc2960475b79e0850235bb4de97f2396.png

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, gsx95red said:

I didn't believe it until I saw it, because every year I have to call and threaten to cancel, but this year they are just handing it out for free like candy on Halloween! (I imagine it has everything to do with how much the package you subscribe to is, and what discounts are active or not on your monthly bill. This is the e-mail I got today.

image.thumb.png.dc2960475b79e0850235bb4de97f2396.png

Got the same email a few hours ago...I'm very happy and relieved!!!

56 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

We went through this same thing last year.  It was free Sunday Ticket Max but you still had to pay for Sunday Ticket.

Here's the fine print on the email:

*Select int’I games excluded. **Only available in HD. Out‑of‑market games only. Blackout rules and other restrictions apply. Package consists of all live out‑of‑market NFL games (based on customer's service address) broadcast on FOX and CBS; however, games broadcast by your local FOX or CBS affiliate will not be available in NFL SUNDAY TICKET. Games available via remote viewing based on device location. Other conditions apply. NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription will not automatically renew. Only one game may be accessed remotely at any given time. Compatible device/operating system required for online/ mobile access. Additional data charges may apply.

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

This is not accurate.

I received everything for free last year without asking and it appears as if the same thing is going on this year with multiple customers.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, skijef said:

I received an email from DIRECTV saying I got 2021 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX free and it's true. I hope all the longtimers get the same thing.

Got same email a couple of days ago. Called Directv and its true. I got it for FREE too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Fallsnative01 said:

I have had Direct TV for 15 years. Earlier this year I called and asked for a deep discount that included NFL ticket or I was cutting cable and going to Hulu, etc and they told me "Thanks for being a Direct TV customer all these years, we'l send you the termination paperwork." They made no effort to keep me, so I cut the cord. Too many streaming platforms available now to pay that much. 

Sounds like when I called art to get a deal on iPhones theynbasicallmsaidmhere is a deal costs more and you get to pay for phones.  T mobile offered me two free iPhone 12 and cheaper plan to come on board

On 8/6/2021 at 4:26 AM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

thanks. I think I’ll move forward with this. My last question:

although it is a single sign on an one username, any idea if it can be signed into multiple accounts at the same time? For example, could I stream on my account via fire stick downstairs while also streaming on my iPad upstairs simultaneously?

I know some companies (Netflix, for example) allow a maximum number of users at a single time. Just trying to confirm if the ST maximum is 1 haha 

No. I tried last year being on my ipad and Windows laptop. Didn't work.

On 8/6/2021 at 1:52 PM, Nervous Guy said:

Got the same email a few hours ago...I'm very happy and relieved!!!

Here's the fine print on the email:

*Select int’I games excluded. **Only available in HD. Out‑of‑market games only. Blackout rules and other restrictions apply. Package consists of all live out‑of‑market NFL games (based on customer's service address) broadcast on FOX and CBS; however, games broadcast by your local FOX or CBS affiliate will not be available in NFL SUNDAY TICKET. Games available via remote viewing based on device location. Other conditions apply. NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription will not automatically renew. Only one game may be accessed remotely at any given time. Compatible device/operating system required for online/ mobile access. Additional data charges may apply.

Didn’t get that email. Doh!

Edited by BobbyC81

On 8/3/2021 at 9:26 PM, Augie said:

These stories popping up remind me a bit of fantasies from Penthouse Forum. (I knew a guy who used to tell me about them.) This seems about as likely, from my experience, but it sure sounds great! 

Being gifted a free year of Sunday Ticket without even asking does not sound like something that would ever happen in reality.

lol. so based on the responses in this thread you ended up being completely wrong.

normally i wouldn't bother following up on this nonsense, but you were awfully cocky -- especially since you were clearly wrong.

enjoy paying full price in your reality, my man. 👍

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, zevo said:

I didn't receive an email and I got denied last week when I called to lower my bill. called this morning and was able to get the Sunday ticket max for free. 

What number did you call?  The main numbert and ask for "Loyalty?"