Sunday Ticket 2021

Had a nice run a few years back, was able to work out deals as early as the first week of August and paid virtually nothing.  Two years ago was difficult, last year was brutal.  Been a DTV subscriber since 2004.

Expect more of the same this year.  Couldn’t even work out a free DVR replacement that used to be a slam dunk in the past.  Had to buy the service plan for 9.99/month to get it replaced.  Can cancel anytime, so will cost me $20 bucks.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:59 AM, Robert Paulson said:

if you have a kid in college it is 1/3 the price under their name.

or a niece, nephew, friend etc.  its easy.

the bad part of having the ticket is you have to watch other qb's that aren't Josh Allen and its kind of a letdown.

54 minutes ago, Beast said:

Not worth my time dickering with those people. I'll just pay it.

usually takes me 10 minutes to save the cost of the Ticket. Maybe not this year though

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

The playing field is definitely different with AT&T spinning off the DirecTV unit.

I would not expect deals to be handed out like candy.  The spinoff hasn't happened yet so the new entity can't yet retain customers with these deals, and AT&T wants to cut costs to the bone until the transaction is complete.

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

usually takes me 10 minutes to save the cost of the Ticket

I've done it before. Been a DirecTv, Sunday Ticket subcsriber for many years. Since AT&T took over, getting a discount is almost impossible and not worth the hassle. 300 bucks isn't going to break me.

Edited by Beast

Got it for free last year, it actually was the easiest it has been for years.  I just asked for it and she said "no problem."  This year I cancelled it, just don't feel like playing the game.  I may change my mind as August rolls around, with the Bills games in full attendance I have seasons and won't be at home for half the games anyways.  What is interesting in the spring I called for MLB package, which I always get and they gave that to me for free.  First time they ever did that.  I don't even enjoy the NFL ticket that much.  I used it minimally last year.  MLB is way better imo and half the cost.  

I have had the Student Sunday Ticket going on 4 years now. I used a non family member friends’ student email to register. Directv has auto renewed every year at the student price and has not asked for any proof of being a student. So it is well worth it at the student rate. 

On 7/26/2021 at 11:30 AM, Beast said:

I've done it before. Been a DirecTv, Sunday Ticket subcsriber for many years. Since AT&T took over, getting a discount is almost impossible and not worth the hassle. 300 bucks isn't going to break me.

You truly are a “Beast”🙂

Sunday Ticket last season was the final straw with DirecTv for me. Not a terribly long customer, about 8 years, but they gave me absolutely nothing. I was on a great credit that was expiring, so my bill shot up from 60 to 120. They wouldn’t even discount me down to 100, nevertheless give me Sunday Ticket. Went through the whole gambit, called multiple times first, then did the cancellation thing, they transfer me to retentions, who offer me nothing. Never got a call from their winback department either.

Ended up going to Fubo and paying $10 a month for the NFL Redzone. 

On 7/22/2021 at 11:31 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I called Directv and spoke with someone in the cancellation area who told me there are no offers for Sunday Ticket at this time. Mine is going to auto-renew but hoping for a discount of some kind. If you made your call, post your deal if you got one. Thanks! 

I would cancel your auto-renew.  Why not.  I bet they will then try to lure you back with a deal, and if not, then just sign-up at the regular rate! 

The key is that you have to be willing to cancel.  If you are truly willing to cancel, you will get the deal every time.  If you don't, you cancel and they will send the box to return it, but in that box will be a retention packet with their bet deal to keep you as a customer.  It really is simple. 

Anyone got a promo code for nflsundayticket.tv?  I tried using TEAMHUDDLE, but it didn't work.  I think that was for 2020.

3 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Anyone got a promo code for nflsundayticket.tv?  I tried using TEAMHUDDLE, but it didn't work.  I think that was for 2020.

Found one on Reddit from last year that was Southbeach2020.  I tried Southbeach2021 and got 15% off.  😉

Its completely infuriating that its almost 2022 and still the only way to get all the football I want from a paid service is to sign up for a satellite TV package from the Satan incarnate of media companies.

I swear I can't be the only human that could give two ***** about cable TV and Just. Wants. Football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Sounds like deals may be hard to come by this year if anything because DTV/ATT knows their contract for Sunday Ticket is coming to an end soon.

If you are a long time DTV customer though I still recommend playing the 'cancel service' game following these steps:

1) When you call their 800 number and you get the automated directory specifically say you want to cancel service and it will bypass normal customer service and take you to the loyalty department.

2) Once connected to loyalty with a live agent if they won't play ball tell them you want to cancel service but not immediately and have your service set to disconnect at the end of the month.

3) After that within a few days you will typically get their last line of defense loyalty people that call you back and will give you their best offer to stay which usually includes NFL sunday ticket for free for at the very least heavily discounted.

I've heard it all depends on what offers you already have applied to you account, how long you've been a customer, and if you pay your bill on time, etc in terms of the algorithm their system give each specific customer in terms of offers/discounts.

18 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Sounds like deals may be hard to come by this year if anything because DTV/ATT knows their contract for Sunday Ticket is coming to an end soon.

If you are a long time DTV customer though I still recommend playing the 'cancel service' game following these steps:

1) When you call their 800 number and you get the automated directory specifically say you want to cancel service and it will bypass normal customer service and take you to the loyalty department.

2) Once connected to loyalty with a live agent if they won't play ball tell them you want to cancel service but not immediately and have your service set to disconnect at the end of the month.

3) After that within a few days you will typically get their last line of defense loyalty people that call you back and will give you their best offer to stay which usually includes NFL sunday ticket for free for at the very least heavily discounted.

I've heard it all depends on what offers you already have applied to you account, how long you've been a customer, and if you pay your bill on time, etc in terms of the algorithm their system give each specific customer in terms of offers/discounts.

I was a customer over a decade and on auto-pay, contract renewal always up late summer. I used this method every year.  As soon as AT&T took over it stopped working for me.  

• Thank you (+1) 1