Fetes' Five Hot Takes for the 2021 NFL season

I don't agree with all of them, but they're defensible and thoughtful.

1)  Josh Allen will lead the Bills in rushing yards

2)  Emmanuel Sanders and Diggs will both reach 1000 yards

... and three more, including hopeful predictions on Hollister, Epenesa and Levi Wallace. Don't want to steal his content. But all seem very possible to me.

• Like (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I don't agree with all of them, but they're defensible and thoughtful.

1)  Josh Allen will lead the Bills in rushing yards

2)  Emmanuel Sanders and Diggs will both reach 1000 yards

... and three more, including hopeful predictions on Hollister, Epenesa and Levi Wallace. Don't want to steal his content. But all seem very possible to me.

You might as well list all of the takes. After #1, I'm not going to waste my time watching the video. Allen's rushing yards will continue to drop every year. This ain't 2018.

• Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thurm do you mind listing the other three as it’s nice to scan and respond if it’s a tight schedule for work stuff.  Besides I trust you’re summary given you’re history of thoughtful responses.

thanks bud if you can add.  Appreciate you posting though.

To summarize:

Hollister will have the most td by a TE.

Epenesa will have the most sacks. 

Wallace will have the most INTs.

I listened to it a day or two ago so I'm going off memory. 

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

You might as well list all of the takes. After #1, I'm not going to waste my time watching the video. Allen's rushing yards will continue to drop every year. This ain't 2018.

That's certainly a very reasonable guess.

A fact, though? No.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Who the hell is Fetes?

If he has children, are they called Little Fetes?

So you didn't even listen to him introduce himself, hunh? Fair enough, but then why comment?

Edited by Thurman#1

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

That's certainly a very reasonable guess.

A fact, though? No.

So you didn't even listen to him introduce himself, hunh? Fair enough, but then why comment?

As @BornAgainBillsFan said upstream, after reading his "hot take" that Allen will lead the team in rushing, I didn't feel the need to give him the click.

And I commented so I could work in my witty Little Feat reference!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Gugny said:

As @BornAgainBillsFan said upstream, after reading his "hot take" that Allen will lead the team in rushing, I didn't feel the need to give him the click.

And I commented so I could work in my witty Little Feat reference!

You didn't miss much. Hot take #2 was a 34 year old to become the take the top of the defense deep threat. It did get a little less stupid from thereon in fairness.

37 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

To summarize:

Hollister will have the most td by a TE.

Epenesa will have the most sacks. 

Wallace will have the most INTs.

I listened to it a day or two ago so I'm going off memory. 

Thx Wiz.  I just didn’t have the time today or would’ve been happy to listen.  I’m hopeful on Hollister and Epenesa, not so much on Wallace.  He’s ok, certainly not as bad as some think, but my prediction is Dane grabs the job by mod year.

I seriously doubt Allen leads rushing.  

2018 600+ yrds

2019 500+ yrds

2020 400+ yrds

Notice a trend.  I can see 350-425 yards, but that’s a really low bar Moss, Singletary, or Breida can’t beat those numbers.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

The Ertz not coming to Buffalo prediction seems pretty safe at this point if the reports of him working out at the Iggles facility are true.  If they were afraid of his contract they would have traded or released him before letting him do that.

33 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thx Wiz.  I just didn’t have the time today or would’ve been happy to listen.  I’m hopeful on Hollister and Epenesa, not so much on Wallace.  He’s ok, certainly not as bad as some think, but my prediction is Dane grabs the job by mod year.

2018 600+ yrds

2019 500+ yrds

2020 400+ yrds

Notice a trend.  I can see 350-425 yards, but that’s a really low bar Moss, Singletary, or Breida can’t beat those numbers.

I don't think Allen will lead us in rushing either but to be fair to Fetes he did at least offer a rationale that I see a grain of sense in - that teams will give the Bills more max coverage looks in 2021 after their success as a passing offense last year and that might open up more running lanes for Josh if a guy they might have been spying with in 2019 and 2020 is suddenly double covering a receiver instead. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh's yardage on the ground ticks back up very slightly on 2020... but it won't be significant and it won't lead the team. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

2018 600+ yrds

2019 500+ yrds

2020 400+ yrds

Yea the Wallace one is interesting to me also. 

He even mentioned about him that he's the type of player that fans are like "why is he starting?" and then makes a big play and everyone gets off of him for a while. 

I do think Hollister will be a surprising contributor given his history with Allen. 

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The Ertz not coming to Buffalo prediction seems pretty safe at this point if the reports of him working out at the Iggles facility are true.  If they were afraid of his contract they would have traded or released him before letting him do that.

Reported. 😁

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Yea the Wallace one is interesting to me also. 

He even mentioned about him that he's the type of player that fans are like "why is he starting?" and then makes a big play and everyone gets off of him for a while. 

I do think Hollister will be a surprising contributor given his history with Allen. 

While I don't buy Wallace as our INT leader - safe money is on White when teams have to throw at him in desperation mode late or one of the safeties (in McDermott's era it has been Poyer x2 and White x2) - I do think Levi will probably start at corner if not the whole year then the vast majority of it. 

1. Allen isn't going to lead the team in rushing. He can pick apart a defense throwing the football whether they are blitzing or not. It's not like he is going to take off every time LB's are in coverage. 

2. We may have 3 WR's who go over 1,000 yds. I could see Diggs, Sanders, and Beasley all hitting that mark especially since we are on a 17 game schedule now. 

3. The Hollister thing is not that much of a reach considering the familiarity he and Josh have. I still think he's TE2 in this offense. 

4. I've picked Epenesa as my breakout candidate in multiple threads because of the same reasons he used. The weight drop from college to the NFL, not having any offseason team activities in 2020, the explosion he started to show towards the end of the year, and the fact that going into his 2nd year he would have had a full offseason of work to get right. I am still expecting good things from AJ this year. 

5. No, just no. Levi Wallace is not going to lead this team in INT's. I highly doubt Levi even has a starting job coming out of TC. Poyer, Hyde, White, Jackson, Johnson, it will be one of those 5.