Lean and Mean, or No? [thread about "Big Ben" Roeth]

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Does he?  I think he's still got quite the "spare tire" under that t-shirt

Yeah he's not lean. Gotta change his name from Big Ben to Big Ben and Jerry's

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean I know there's a muscle that can stick out there when it's strengthened enough

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQy3PpXr18B/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

image.thumb.png.daf4fbcf428513027fc5e9e99bd01cd3.png

External oblique maybe?  I know if I post the wrong gouge someone will come along and correct me.

But Knox here still has a bit of a roll over his, and Roethlisberger looks like he's got "handles"

It's called the weenus muscle...:wub:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

I find yous guys interest in Bens body composition to be humorous…, 

y’all sound like a bunch of school girls gossiping. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

So Ben lost 10 lbs so he can…run more?  His arm sure isn’t getting any stronger.

I will say the opening game does make me a bit uneasy.  Tomlin is a master motivator and the Stillers will be working the disrespect angle big time leading up to 9/12.  Thankfully the Bills are the much better team and are playing at home.

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A Point, that last.

Call me unobservant, but I think he looks about the same or maybe actually in better shape last training camp than this?

At first glance, I thought he is heavier in last year's picture. But then it could be a number of things that could affect my opinion - Jersey versus Tshirt, camera angle, camera quality etc. So on second thoughts, it is tough to tell without knowing his comparative weights and measurements. In the games last year, he looked fat for a person playing that position. He was also a lot less mobile which could have been the condition of his knee(s) or by design to protect him

Edited by Fan in Chicago

He looks like he dieted weight off without working out.  He has that skinny fat look.  He might play himself into shape, but he doesn't even look like an athlete in that pic.  I read an article that said he's worked hard to diet and lose weight this offseason, but I'm curious how much working out was involved.  

2 hours ago, eball said:

So Ben lost 10 lbs so he can…run more?  His arm sure isn’t getting any stronger.

I will say the opening game does make me a bit uneasy.  Tomlin is a master motivator and the Stillers will be working the disrespect angle big time leading up to 9/12.  Thankfully the Bills are the much better team and are playing at home.

He motivated them to 5 losses in their last 6 games, including an act of such motivational impact that his 3rd ranked D laid down to the tune of 48 points in the playoffs (72 points in 8 days to the same team).  

Worry not....McD will be forging art's greatest masterpieces while Tomlin fills in his adult coloring book....

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

What a dislikeable human being and a SLOB OF A FOOTBALL PLAYER.  Theres zero excuse to be in the NFL and show up like that.  Its a complete lack of trying or caring and would P me off to no ends if he was on my team. 

But would you give back your SB rings?

Edited by Mr. WEO