Lean and Mean, or No? [thread about "Big Ben" Roeth]

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.thumb.png.e1d5ac6b836133e5b6e02edbf01567ad.png

His face looks less chubby to me, but he looks like an OLman or a large TE in the belly

I think he has another year in him. I’ve never seen a team that went 12-4 get so much crap than the Steelers did. I’m just not sold on Baker 🤷 I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Pittsburgh takes the division just like last year. I feel like the Browns are better without OBJ (despite what they say)as the ball get distributed much more evenly without Mayfield having to force feed him targets to keep him happy. I feel like Cleveland & Baltimore both have one of the best rosters in the league, but are slightly limited by the QB position. 🧐

• Like (+1) 3

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Lean and Mean, or No? [thread about "Big Ben" Roeth]
18 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think he has another year in him. I’ve never seen a team that went 12-4 get so much crap than the Steelers did. I’m just not sold on Baker 🤷 I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Pittsburgh takes the division just like last year. I feel like the Browns are better without OBJ (despite what they say)as the ball get distributed much more evenly without Mayfield having to force feed him targets to keep him happy. I feel like Cleveland & Baltimore both have one of the best rosters in the league, but are slightly limited by the QB position. 🧐

Not hard to figure out why. they're 11-0 start was drastically helped by a putrid list of qb/backup qb's that they were barely squeaking by.... it caught up with them later in the year vs. contenders when the intensity ratcheted up. I'd wager a good bit of money they have a hard time winning anymore than 9 games. and even then i think i'm taking the under.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

I mean I know there's a muscle that can stick out there when it's strengthened enough

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQy3PpXr18B/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

image.thumb.png.daf4fbcf428513027fc5e9e99bd01cd3.png

External oblique maybe?  I know if I post the wrong gouge someone will come along and correct me.

But Knox here still has a bit of a roll over his, and Roethlisberger looks like he's got "handles"

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.thumb.png.e1d5ac6b836133e5b6e02edbf01567ad.png

His face looks less chubby to me, but he looks like an OLman or a large TE in the belly

Well i'd wager this is about what our guy is gonna look like in 10 years.

That said, i get so tired of the annual "Ben is in the best shape since his rookie year" talks. I just saw the obligatory article from yahoo sports about it the other day. He looks the same every year. i have no clue why these articles surface yearly.

• Like (+1) 1

Umm...I am pretty sure the caption on that picture is sarcasm!!

He looks like an average almost middle aged Joe Schmo Beer Belly, and not a professional athlete.

He looks about as lean as I do.

Is sarcasm common for Schefter, as this clearly seems to be that?

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He could look like Chris helmsworth and I would still think his elbow is shot

A Point, that last.

Call me unobservant, but I think he looks about the same or maybe actually in better shape last training camp than this?

LOL

40 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Well i'd wager this is about what our guy is gonna look like in 10 years.

Could be, but he seems to be paying a bit more mind to offseason fitness so maybe not?

5 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Umm...I am pretty sure the caption on that picture is sarcasm!!

I don't think Adam Schefter is much given to sarcastic captions of NFL stars.

Is sarcasm common for Schefter, as this clearly seems to be that?

No

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Does he?  I think he's still got quite the "spare tire" under that t-shirt

I believe he looks a bit thinner. 

Honestly, doubt it matters as he has a broken elbow and doesn’t take TB12 ‘vitamins’. 😃