Texas and Oklahoma close to joining SEC (update - now officially joined)

YoloinOhio

Saban has repeatedly stated through out the years he prefers to play against schools like Penn State, USC, etc ....

Does he want to play two or three of them a year?

Yes. Repeatedly. Through out the years.

Yes, one per year.

Once again, he has repeatedly stated he wants to play games against the traditional FB schools.

He does not want to play against the Mercers, etc....

But you believe what you want.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Cynical said:

Saban has repeatedly stated through out the years he prefers to play against schools like Penn State, USC, etc ....

Does he want to play two or three of them a year?

Yes. Repeatedly. Through out the years.

Yes, one per year.

Once again, he has repeatedly stated he wants to play games against the traditional FB schools.

He does not want to play against the Mercers, etc....

But you believe what you want.

I have heard him state the above numerous times, and he also said that many teams don't want to play him. Oh, and Alabama already has the toughest schedule virtually every season, especially when one counts the playoffs. But, haters are going to hate. 

On 8/7/2021 at 2:58 PM, Bill from NYC said:

I have heard him state the above numerous times, and he also said that many teams don't want to play him. Oh, and Alabama already has the toughest schedule virtually every season, especially when one counts the playoffs. But, haters are going to hate. 

Well there is a lot of truth to that.  People get sick of seeing Bama in there every year.  It will end eventually.  In the early 2000's everybody thought Miami would be on top forever and it has been nearly 2 decades since they have been a true National Title Contender.   Same with USC & Texas.   I don't really give credit anymore to Saban for his coaching, it is the recruiting where he wins.  He has 3-4 deep at most position of 4/5 star recruits.  The thing I don't understand is if your 4 star recuit and have a chance to go to Bama and be 3/4 strong rb or LB or WR and you have the opportunity to go somewhere else and be a star, why in the world would you go still go to Bama.  Makes no sense to me but I guess these guys are all so confident they probably believe they could crack the starting lineup at some point.  

Edited by Gordio

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

The thing I don't understand is if your 4 star recuit and have a chance to go to Bama and be 3/4 strong rb or LB or WR and you have the opportunity to go somewhere else and be a star, why in the world would you go still go to Bama.  Makes no sense to me but I guess these guys are all so confident they probably believe they could crack the starting lineup at some point.  

Saban has said over and over again, with all of the questions he has been asked over decades by NFL Scouts, Coaches, and/or GMs, not one has ever asked him how a player looked in his freshman year. 

It can be to a player's advantage to sit for a while, especially a RB. Najee Harris barely saw the field as a freshman, and he is one of the best athletes I have ever seen. Freaking Derrick Henry sat for a year. 

You might remember Tim Williams. He played well at LB for the Tide put didn't do so well in the NFL. He had some issues.  I heard him once say that when he went to Alabama he felt like in HS, he was the best player in his school if not his entire state. Then, he got on the field and realized that every player there probably was the best in their school and state. 

When players get to Alabama and see players that look like Najee Harris, Bo Scarborough, Derek Henry, etc., they realise how much more work they need lol.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.