Deion Sanders walks out of presser after being called "Deion"

Mango

20 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

It wasn't the press conference it was a question after.  Deion asked to be called coach.  Guy was a dick. Deion walked away.  Deion is a coach btw.  Deion was the adult in the situation.

Deion acted like an insecure little baby when he asked to be called "coach."  Then he acted like an immature little baby when he walked away.

The last thing he acted like would be an adult.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 17islongenough said:

Wow they allow words like poop hole on here?  Can we clean up the language on TBD?

Reminds me when someone complained about a word being used and SDS changed software so that every time that word was used it changed to poster's name.

• Haha (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

It wasn't the press conference it was a question after.  Deion asked to be called coach.  Guy was a dick. Deion walked away.  Deion is a coach btw.  Deion was the adult in the situation.

An adult would have just said: “anyone else have a question?” and ignored the guy.

Coach Big Baby.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don’t understand why neon deon doesn’t just ignore the guy and never respond to one of his coaches.  The reporter comes to him did I bother you, and then he just ignores again.  The editor comes to him, and he says my name is coach privately.  Then the reporter privately apologizes and it’s over.  

it was a dumb decision on Coach Sanders part.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

He's in a professional setting and wants to be referred to by his title. If someone can't fathom how that works I wouldn't waste my time with them either.

Yeah, it's like when I ask my kids to call me sir and they just laugh in my face

• Haha (+1) 2

When has Deion the diva ever been worth listening to? Maybe they refer to him as coach diva from no on…

3 hours ago, Wizard said:

...you have a Circus Coach. Add in a Circus Coach that has never been guilty of talking too little and craves media attention, and you have a Circus Show in Neon Lights where the ringmaster believes he is The Show.

It will be fun to follow this circus!

Someone give COACH Sanders Wrecks Ryan's phone number.  He'll fit right in.

image.thumb.jpeg.d7fa48721237a24d25652b8b18a7e980.jpeg

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

Say what we will about his personality, etc., but he was perhaps the greatest to ever play the position. Certainly the best I’ve ever seen in person and I’ve seen many of the greats at one time or another. He baited so many QBs into throwing into what they thought were vacated areas that many simply gave up trying. Great QBs, too. Never saw a CB single handedly take away a third of the field like that before or since. Granted, I don’t see nearly as many games in person or have access to as much coaches film as before, but I’d like to know who else has been doing that with regularity since Sanders retired. 

It’s unfortunate that his legacy as a player gets conflated with him being a coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting to hear the very different takes on this.

my view is he should have handled it differently. Maybe the school’s communications guy could have announced to the media before the session that he prefers if they call him “coach” or “coach Sanders.”  I am pretty sure everyone would have complied. 

• Thank you (+1) 1