Deion Sanders walks out of presser after being called "Deion"

Mango

Still a few days left of silly season. Unsure if this is narcissism or insecurity. I feel like our media sometimes calls McD Sean. I have heard NE reporters call BB Bill. 

I am not sure I have ever heard of a coach demanding the press to call them "Coach". 

What an poop hole. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31851065/jackson-state-tigers-coach-deion-sanders-takes-issue-reporter-being-referred-first-name-twice

• Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

Still a few days left of silly season. Unsure if this is narcissism or insecurity. I feel like our media sometimes calls McD Sean. I have heard NE reporters call BB Bill. 

I am not sure I have ever heard of a coach demanding the press to call them "Coach". 

What an poop hole. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31851065/jackson-state-tigers-coach-deion-sanders-takes-issue-reporter-being-referred-first-name-twice

This is nearly as ridiculous and pathetic as "please clap."

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Agreed.  Sanders was a diva back in the day and he still is.

Exactly.

We're talking about a man who still shows up at the combine wearing the number 21 combine outfit. Need I say more?

Sanders needs to get over himself, does he really believe that Jackson State hired him only because of his experience as a player?

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

He asked the reporter to call him coach and the guy sarcastically called him Deion.  I think I side with Neon 

Dude left the entire presser. He could have just moved on instead of getting into an eggplant measuring contest. The reporter was admittedly snarky. But it was also a totally wild ask given his reason. Dude wants to be called Coach because he views himself as a GOAT coach after an inaugural season of 4-3. Had he just said, call me "coach". Everybody would  have moved on with their day. 

Also, his assertion that nobody calls Saban "Nick" is false. And if it wasn't, I would call Saban stupid too. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/20/deion-sanders-mad-at-being-called-deion-falsely-says-reporters-dont-call-nick-saban-nick/

• Like (+1) 1

When the "Coach" draws unnecessary attention to himself and not to the program and development of players, then you have a coaching issue. Add the fact that it is one of the most dynamic, talented, and outwardly arrogant personalities in recent NFL history, and you have a Circus Coach. Add in a Circus Coach that has never been guilty of talking too little and craves media attention, and you have a Circus Show in Neon Lights where the ringmaster believes he is The Show.

It will be fun to follow this circus!

I really think Coach Deion Sanders should "tackle" this issue.

Edited by Wizard
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

Dude left the entire presser. He could have just moved on instead of getting into an eggplant measuring contest. The reporter was admittedly snarky. But it was also a totally wild ask given his reason. Dude wants to be called Coach because he views himself as a GOAT coach after an inaugural season of 4-3. Had he just said, call me "coach". Everybody would  have moved on with their day. 

Also, his assertion that nobody calls Saban "Nick" is false. And if it wasn't, I would call Saban stupid too. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/20/deion-sanders-mad-at-being-called-deion-falsely-says-reporters-dont-call-nick-saban-nick/

It wasn't the press conference it was a question after.  Deion asked to be called coach.  Guy was a dick. Deion walked away.  Deion is a coach btw.  Deion was the adult in the situation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

It wasn't the press conference it was a question after.  Deion asked to be called coach.  Guy was a dick. Deion walked away.  Deion is a coach btw.  Deion was the adult in the situation.

Pedantic, it was a question after a presser/media day. Whatever. 

He, didn't just ask to be called coach. He demanded to be called coach based on the totally baseless premise that Nick Saban requires the same treatment, and if Nick Saban doesn't get that treatment, he will MF you up and down. Neither of which are true. None the less, Deion was just as petulant as he fabricated Saban to be. 

It is unnecessarily combative from a guy tasked with leadership as a profession. This seems like some dumb stuff Greg Williams would try and pull. We can see how well that has worked out for him...

Also, anybody who doesn't refer to me here as Middle Management Mango moving forward is getting blocked. I am middle management btw....

44 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Wow they allow words like poop hole on here?  Can we clean up the language on TBD?

You my sir can eat poop and lay to rest.🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Since when is asking to be referred to by your title unreasonable?

Since when is walking out on a media session mad like a fat kid who lost his last ho-ho reasonable because someone called you by your first name? Not a dig at you, just saying. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Mango said:

What an poop hole. 

DDBEBD3A-6623-43E0-BAE9-FE92E72DF083.thumb.jpeg.3a0837aeba050e8ca1612251e686a587.jpeg

what’s my name 

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, H2o said:

Since when is walking out on a media session mad like a fat kid who lost his last ho-ho reasonable because someone called you by your first name? Not a dig at you, just saying. 

He's in a professional setting and wants to be referred to by his title. If someone can't fathom how that works I wouldn't waste my time with them either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

is also or was the voice of Subway commercials, became a preacher for awhile,  former MLB player, former NFL player, hall-of-famer, former network analyst (espn, NFLN and now coach...for how long, and whats next on the agenda ?? time to move into ownership-front office or run for office ????

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Since when is asking to be referred to by your title unreasonable?

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Right, this x100. Deion wants to be called coach, cool. Who cares, not a huge issue. But he made up a situation about the character of the GOAT college football coach of all time, and asked to be treated the same way with the threat of being "cussed out". And literally none of it was true....

Kinda like when he said his stuff was stolen and the school was like "ummm, did you check your locker"...

3 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

is also or was the voice of Subway commercials, became a preacher for awhile,  former MLB player, former NFL player, hall-of-famer, former network analyst (espn, NFLN and now coach...for how long, and whats next on the agenda ?? time to move into ownership-front office or run for office ????

I hope somebody gives him an honorary doctorate. Doctor Reverend Coach Primetime has a nice ring to it. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 2