Beasley breaking "Omerta"

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

There are certain topics that have been "done to death" here recently.  The horse is dead and has been thoroughly beaten and flayed. 

Everybody and his Cat have had more than enough chance to express their personal viewpoint - Over.  and Over.  And Over.  again. 

Every aspect of the situation has been discussed - several times.  Let me say that again:  EVERY ASPECT of the situation has been discussed, several times.

In theory, it should be fine, we should be able to talk about it.  In practice, people tend to lose their temper on these threads, start slinging insults back and forth.  Others get into General Political or Covid discussion, against Scott's pinned request (which is there for good reason). 

It makes work for the Mods who would rather be drinking beer and watching the 'maters grow, or napping.

If you're here long enough to start threads, you know to search before starting new topics, so if you don't already know there have been umpteen Beasley's Tweets and Ertz Trade threads that have all wound up locked for going "off the rails", you should be able to figure it out.

Start a new thread right after another has been locked, Be Very Careful - you take your chances on warnings/suspensions from Mods.

12 minutes ago, Irv said:

Michael Irvin should shut his pie hole.  He forgot getting convicted of cocaine possession while he was playing.  

I'm struggling to see the similarities between Irvin's coke arrest and Beasley's stance on getting vaccinated.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beasely’s point yesterday was that he thinks the motive for the nfl’s protocols for the vaccinated, and thus their push to get everyone vaccinated, is about money/not having to cancel games. That’s why he said there was a vaccinated player sent home because he had covid. Because they are only tested once/week, if it was during the season, the fact that player had Covid would not have been caught before he gave it to others but the league only cares that the games won’t be impacted. He chooses not to be vaccinated and get tested every day. He wants to live his life outside the facility the same as the vaccinated. Those are the restrictions he doesn’t agree with.

The problem is that he doesn't understand basic percentages. Breakthrough cases are insanely rare (Vaccine effectiveness has been something like 99%) and there's a literal surge among the unvaccinated right now, that's mimicking past surges.  It's being reported heavily from all kinds of different outlets.

Fact of the matter is that it is still possible to get it while vaccinated, and if he lives his normal life and has the same freedom of movement within the facility as players who've been vaccinated, then he's a higher risk vector than everyone else. This is statistically inarguable. Especially since the testing is less reliable than the vaccine itself.  False negatives aren't uncommon, especially with rapid testing.

If he wants to go unvaccinated, that's his choice. But what's irritating is the refusal to acknowledge basic fact and basic statistics, and now even worse - he's acting like a victim in all this, when it was HIS choice to not get vaccinated.

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm struggling to see the similarities between Irvin's coke arrest and Beasley's stance on getting vaccinated.

That's actually legitimate, because you can draw an anology for being available to your team.  Beasley has a FAR FAR greater chance of catching COVID than the rest of his vaccinated teammates, and thus risks being unavailable to the team, just like doing freakin cocaine makes you a risk of being unavailable to the team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To be clear...

This has nothing to do with Beasley's stance on vaccination.

It has to do with him stirring up trouble on Twitter.  The NFL is an employer.  They and the Player's Association agreed on protocols for vaccinated and non-vaccinated players.  Beasley doesn't want to follow non-vaxxed protocol and is complaining loudly on social media.  That is what people have an issue with.

Don't discuss vax vs. no vax.  That's not the point and will get this locked.  This is not about his choice to stay unvaxxed.  It's about his very public behavior railing against the protocol.  Stay on topic, please.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

The vaccine is merely the "topic" of Beasley's public rant.

The real issue is that Beasley is defying authority.

He is defying his coaches. He is defying the team's owners. He is defying the players union. He is defying the NFL.

If Beasley gets his way, it would be to the detriment of all of the parties listed above.  What, steal McDermott's authority? I don't think so.

Beasley is painting himself into a corner, unfortunately, apparently he has had self control issues with social media before. What he is doing now is making a mockery or McDermott's "process".  There is a line that you should never cross and that is to challenge your managements authority publicly. You leave them no choice but to fire you, just to preserve their authority. 

Someone needs to talk this boy off the ledge before it is way too late.

Just sayin'...   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 3

Just now, The Red King said:

To be clear...

This has nothing to do with Beasley's stance on vaccination.

It has to do with him stirring up trouble on Twitter.  The NFL is an employer.  They and the Player's Association agreed on protocols for vaccinated and non-vaccinated players.  Beasley doesn't want to follow non-vaxxed protocol and is complaining loudly on social media.  That is what people have an issue with.

Don't discuss vax vs. no vax.  That's not the point and will get this locked.  This is not about his choice to stay unvaxxed.  It's about his very public behavior railing against the protocol.  Stay on topic, please.

It is and it isn't. It's very hard to discuss why he's being silly to rail against these protocols. without discussinging his basic ignorance of percentages.

5 minutes ago, appoo said:

That's actually legitimate, because you can draw an anology for being available to your team.  Beasley has a FAR FAR greater chance of catching COVID than the rest of his vaccinated teammates, and thus risks being unavailable to the team, just like doing freakin cocaine makes you a risk of being unavailable to the team.

Yup.  Totally agree.

Just now, appoo said:

It is and it isn't. It's very hard to discuss why he's being silly to rail against these protocols. without discussinging his basic ignorance of percentages.

...which will get this locked.  Hard or not if you don't stick to just discussing his behavior, the mods will shut this down.

Just like people are asking Beasley to respect NFL rules and work inside them, I'm asking you to do the same for TBD rules.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beasely’s point yesterday was that he thinks the motive for the nfl’s protocols for the vaccinated, and thus their push to get everyone vaccinated, is about money/not having to cancel games. That’s why he said there was a vaccinated player sent home because he had covid. Because they are only tested once/week, if it was during the season, the fact that player had Covid would not have been caught before he gave it to others but the league only cares that the games won’t be impacted. He chooses not to be vaccinated and get tested every day. He wants to live his life outside the facility the same as the vaccinated. Those are the restrictions he doesn’t agree with.

of course it's about money and not having to cancel games. Does he realize that he gets paid because the games are played and the league makes money?

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

...which will get this locked.  Hard or not if you don't stick to just discussing his behavior, the mods will shut this down.

Just like people are asking Beasley to respect NFL rules and work inside them, I'm asking you to do the same for TBD rules.

Beyond saying "The Bills are going to fine him"  because he evidently leaked internal info, not sure there's much of a tangible discussion. If you want to talk about how he's being a distraction, that's not a discussion you'll be able to have then

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

And NONE of them have more than a few months worth of data. 

Roundup didn’t cause cancer either, until it did. 

Terrible analogy. Roundup was/is not anything consumed by humans and as such has never been in any sort of human trial.
The vax has been given to billions of people. Seems to be a pretty solid data set atm.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just don't get what he thinks he's going to accomplish on Twitter, talking to fans about this. I'm sure there are other players who share his views who aren't taking to a social media platform where most of their fans are to complain. What does that accomplish... it's not going to put pressure on the NFLPA or the NFL. It's a really weird flex from him and he needs to take his own advice about getting off social media.

• Agree 2

Old news this happened yesterday and the thread got locked

All I can say I Beasley is not a very smart man, and would probably be selling cars if he wasn't playing football.

Edited by TBBills
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Someone needs to talk this boy off the ledge before it is way too late.

The person you are referencing wears #17. If he wants to earn that $$$, he now needs to lead beyond what he's already doing internally.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I don’t understand all the Beasley hate. I know it’s an unpopular opinion to be against vaccination, but I feel like people are making him out to be evil. It’s his choice. 

fwiw, I’m vaccinated myself

What is unpopular is not sticking with your team. You can have whatever opinions you want, but if the team philosophy is to focus on football and leave that stuff to yourself then you should do that. You are putting yourself first if you cannot do that. 

• Like (+1) 2