Beasley breaking "Omerta"

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

There are certain topics that have been "done to death" here recently.  The horse is dead and has been thoroughly beaten and flayed. 

Everybody and his Cat have had more than enough chance to express their personal viewpoint - Over.  and Over.  And Over.  again. 

Every aspect of the situation has been discussed - several times.  Let me say that again:  EVERY ASPECT of the situation has been discussed, several times.

In theory, it should be fine, we should be able to talk about it.  In practice, people tend to lose their temper on these threads, start slinging insults back and forth.  Others get into General Political or Covid discussion, against Scott's pinned request (which is there for good reason). 

It makes work for the Mods who would rather be drinking beer and watching the 'maters grow, or napping.

If you're here long enough to start threads, you know to search before starting new topics, so if you don't already know there have been umpteen Beasley's Tweets and Ertz Trade threads that have all wound up locked for going "off the rails", you should be able to figure it out.

Start a new thread right after another has been locked, Be Very Careful - you take your chances on warnings/suspensions from Mods.

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Wait…you haven’t watched the Sopranos yet? You are in for a treat, my friend. Where’s the gabagool?

haha dont want to hijack this too much but yes---started it recently and at end of season 2.

im always a decade or two behind (just watched pretty much every star trek show for the first time lol). 

30 minutes ago, nucci said:

Just about every medical professional in the world

And NONE of them have more than a few months worth of data. 

Roundup didn’t cause cancer either, until it did. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Nester said:

He can opt out he just needs to shut up. 

He reminds me of someone who worked at Naval Research Center with me.  He was a member of "Act Up" and would have multiple condoms in his office on display including one would only fit on a bull mounted on a stand.  He was daring to be fired and if anyone asked him about it he would cite a DC law saying his right to express his opinion.  He pushed too many buttons and on next contract renewal he and a bunch of other workers were gone since company did not get it.  Most of the other workers came back on another contract but he did not.  

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A little reminder: this thread is about revealing team info.

Godspeed. We tried this yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Just curious...  which thread topic has become more annoying?  Ertz or Beasley

Yes

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, MJS said:

This again?

New threads on the same topic are the caviar of TBD.

24 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Just curious...  which thread topic has become more annoying?  Ertz or Beasley

Christian Wade.

• Haha (+1) 2

Let's see how this runs its course before throwing the guy out of town.  If the Bills end up having a bunch of guys missing games because of unvaccinated players, the pressure inside the locker room and the front office will force some action.  There are a relatively few players on the team that are not expendable.  Cole is not one of them.  I'm hoping that common sense will prevail and the players either get vaccinated or comply with the negotiated protocols.  If they do neither, then I'm okay with the league dropping the hammer on them in the form of fines and suspensions.  Lots of people talk big until it's time to back it up.

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

I don’t understand all the Beasley hate. I know it’s an unpopular opinion to be against vaccination, but I feel like people are making him out to be evil. It’s his choice. 

fwiw, I’m vaccinated myself

I am 100% on Beasley's side here, but even I wish he would chill out a bit with the social media.   

The comment Michael Irvin made about "not wanting to win if you're not vaccinated" was pathetic, and i'm sure a guy who leaves it all on the field like Cole, took extreme disrespect from that...and justifiably so... but sometimes you just have to grin and bear it.  

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I am 100% on Beasley's side here, but even I wish he would chill out a bit with the social media.   

The comment Michael Irvin made about "not wanting to win if you're not vaccinated" was pathetic, and i'm sure a guy who leaves it all on the field like Cole, took extreme disrespect from that...and justifiably so... but sometimes you just have to grin and bear it.  

Michael Irvin should shut his pie hole.  He forgot getting convicted of cocaine possession while he was playing.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Flip Johnson said:

1) Beasley's behavior is dumb.

2) The Bills can't be happy about it.

And also:

3) We just need to get to August.

This is a dumb summertime story. When it's time for football, Beasley will be all football.

Unless he faces punishment 

Beasely’s point yesterday was that he thinks the motive for the nfl’s protocols for the vaccinated, and thus their push to get everyone vaccinated, is about money/not having to cancel games. That’s why he said there was a vaccinated player sent home because he had covid. Because they are only tested once/week, if it was during the season, the fact that player had Covid would not have been caught before he gave it to others but the league only cares that the games won’t be impacted. He chooses not to be vaccinated and get tested every day. He wants to live his life outside the facility the same as the vaccinated. Those are the restrictions he doesn’t agree with.

• Like (+1) 3