Another team wins a major sports championship for the first time in many decades/ever...Milwaukee Bucks. When is it our turn??

1 hour ago, Maynard said:

Wow, never knew Rochester had a NBA team. 

Buffalo did too. 

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

As for the Sabres.... yea. I think never. 

Have faith. They said this about the Bills 4 years ago.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Over the past several years we have watched teams that have either never won a championship before or won for the first time in many decades in major sports hoist the trophy in their respective sport:

Golden State Warriors

Cleveland Cavs

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Nationals

Houston Astros

Toronto Raptors

St. Louis Blues

Washington Capitals

Chicago Cubs

Boston Red Sox

KC Royals

I am super happy for these teams and their fans that they get to celebrate but I can't help feel a little bit jealous...when is it our turn with the Bills or Sabres?? 

The Suns have yet to win one. Three times they reached the finals.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I don't watch hockey and couldn't care less about the Sabres. But just from what I hear they seem like an utter mess. 

They are. 10 year playoff drought. 4X finishing dead last. Their best players wanting out, getting traded. It ain't pretty. But I like the new coach a lot. He might be their McDermott.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

It's our turn when we frigging earn it - when we have the optimal combination of skill, luck, coaching and aggressiveness.

And not a moment before then

We are close with the Bills, and this could very well be their year

In the AFC I see it as the Chiefs, Bills, Browns, Titans all with a shot. Not sold on Lamar with the Ravens. LAC could be a dark horse team in the mix.

17 minutes ago, Greg S said:

In the AFC I see it as the Chiefs, Bills, Browns, Titans all with a shot. Not sold on Lamar with the Ravens. LAC could be a dark horse team in the mix.

I think the Ravens have a shot too. It is Chiefs, Bills and Browns in tier 1 for me and then Ravens and Titans in tier 2. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Ravens have a shot too. It is Chiefs, Bills and Browns in tier 1 for me and then Ravens and Titans in tier 2. 

Crazy times we live in when the Bills and Browns are both mentioned as co favorites along with the chiefs to come out of the AFC.  Both fan bases have suffered enough, should be fun to watch this play out.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They are. 10 year playoff drought. 4X finishing dead last. Their best players wanting out, getting traded. It ain't pretty. But I like the new coach a lot. He might be their McDermott.

Those players need to go. All they have done here is lose. At some point those players become the problem not allowing progress to be made. You cannot have players who have such a negative vibe from losing and bad attitudes effecting the other young players. Eichel, Reinhart and Risto need to go so they can save Dahlin and Cozens.

Edited by Big Turk

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Ravens have a good team but Lamar needs to be more of a QB and less of a RB. Allen runs as well but the big difference is he can beat teams with his arm as well. 

23 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Ravens have a good team but Lamar needs to be more of a QB and less of a RB. Allen runs as well but the big difference is he can beat teams with his arm as well. 

Indeed but despite all that he is 31-10 as a starting Quarterback including playoffs. They are brilliantly coached, they have a great front office and they have a really strong roster around Lamar. Him not being a great passer has been 31-10. They have upgraded as wide receiver too. I think their path is narrower than some of the others (I feel the same about Tennessee) because they have a clear QB limitation and so less margin for error, but they have a shot at being in the Superbowl. I think it is those 5 in the AFC. KC, Buffalo, Cleveland and then a bit more of an outside shot Baltimore and Tennessee. 

2 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Ditto. Hockey in theory seems like a sport I should really enjoy, but I find it just as fun as soccer. 😂

Ha well I am British and can tell you that you are wrong about soccer. You are right about hockey though. Meh. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Indeed but despite all that he is 31-10 as a starting Quarterback including playoffs. They are brilliantly coached, they have a great front office and they have a really strong roster around Lamar. Him not being a great passer has been 31-10. They have upgraded as wide receiver too. I think their path is narrower than some of the others (I feel the same about Tennessee) because they have a clear QB limitation and so less margin for error, but they have a shot at being in the Superbowl. I think it is those 5 in the AFC. KC, Buffalo, Cleveland and then a bit more of an outside shot Baltimore and Tennessee. 

Their offense is remedial. When they run into well coached defenses that know how to stop it they can't generate much.