Another team wins a major sports championship for the first time in many decades/ever...Milwaukee Bucks. When is it our turn??

Over the past several years we have watched teams that have either never won a championship before or won for the first time in many decades in major sports hoist the trophy in their respective sport:

Golden State Warriors

Cleveland Cavs

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Nationals

Houston Astros

Toronto Raptors

St. Louis Blues

Washington Capitals

Chicago Cubs

Boston Red Sox

KC Royals

I am super happy for these teams and their fans that they get to celebrate but I can't help feel a little bit jealous...when is it our turn with the Bills or Sabres?? 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Over the past several years we have watched teams that have never won a championship before in major sports hoist the trophy in their respective sport:

Golden State Warriors

Cleveland Cavs

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Nationals

Houston Astros

Toronto Raptors

St. Louis Blues

Washington Capitals

I am super happy for these teams and their fans that they get to celebrate but I can't help feel a little bit jealous...when is it our turn with the Bills or Sabres?? 

I’m from Rochester and we used to have an NBA team called the Royals who won a championship exactly 50 years ago. And you left them off the list. No respect 😡

14 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I’m from Rochester and we used to have an NBA team called the Royals who won a championship exactly 50 years ago. And you left them off the list. No respect 😡

Wow, never knew Rochester had a NBA team. 

13 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar was a Buck back when they won it in 1971.

I think he was still going by the name Lew Alcindor when they won the championship.

1 minute ago, Maynard said:

Wow, never knew Rochester had a NBA team. 

Yeah, they're now the NBA powerhouse known as the Sacramento Kings.

• Big Turk changed the title to Another team wins a major sports championship for the first time in many decades...Milwaukee Bucks. When is it our turn??
21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The Bucks won the NBA Championship in 1971.

I forgot to look that far back...I changed the title...50 years makes it so most of the people who are fans likely weren't even born

• Like (+1) 1

• Big Turk changed the title to Another team wins a major sports championship for the first time in many decades/ever...Milwaukee Bucks. When is it our turn??
5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Its coming. I have no doubt Beane, McDermott, Allen will lead the Bills to a Super Bowl Championship. The AFL championships (before my time) were nice but 65 was a long time ago. 

And technically they don't really count for the NFL

None of those things has any bearing on what happens with the Bills, keep up the positive vibes and we will be joining your list.

• Like (+1) 3

'71 was so long ago, Dennis Shaw was the Bills qb throwing to Marlin Brisoce and Haven Moses with James Harris as backup qb...and the Bills radio crew would often say that OJ would make a great WR...Bucks were led by the Big O and that Lew Alcindor guy plus Bobby Dandridge...coached by Larry Costello...memories of childhood

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The Royals won the NBA title in 1951. That was 70 years ago, not 50.

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Its coming. I have no doubt Beane, McDermott, Allen will lead the Bills to a Super Bowl Championship. The AFL championships (before my time) were nice but 65 was a long time ago. 

I wouldn't quite go as far as no doubt but I do believe that we will win one. I don't think we are going to dominate an era the AFC is just so loaded at the moment but I think we will find a way in the next 5 years to win a Superbowl. 

As for the Sabres.... yea. I think never. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I wouldn't quite go as far as no doubt but I do believe that we will win one. I don't think we are going to dominate an era the AFC is just so loaded at the moment but I think we will find a way in the next 5 years to win a Superbowl. 

As for the Sabres.... yea. I think never. 

We have to see how it plays out but what Beane and McDermott have accomplished in a short period of time has been amazing. They completely changed the culture of this franchise from a loser to a winner.