Eric Moulds giving back to Buffalo

Former Buffalo Bills WR , Eric Moulds had been looking for a way to give back to the community that gave him so much 

He finally found his way

A great talent and a great person .. a true Buffalo Bill 

https://www.wivb.com/sports/former-bill-eric-moulds-gives-back-to-wny-by-coaching-at-monday-night-lights-skills-camp/

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I consider myself a pretty serious Bills fan. It goes back a long way. Strangely, the Moulds years is a bit in my blind spot. I had left WNY, I did not yet have DTV or Sunday Ticket. We were not the popular National game. I missed a lot of games during his era. 

I respect those who give him high praise for the years I missed, and I LOVE that he is giving back. That is a true gift. 

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I consider myself a pretty serious Bills fan. It goes back a long way. Strangely, the Moulds years is a bit in my blind spot. I had left WNY, I did not yet have DTV or Sunday Ticket. We were not the popular National game. I missed a lot of games during his era. 

I respect those who give him high praise for the years I missed, and I LOVE that he is giving back. That is a true gift. 

If he got to play with Jim Kelly for 7 plus years when Kelly was prime

He would be a Hall of famer

Mo's talent was unreal.. rivaled only to Terrell Owens and Randy Moss back in the Day

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Augie said:

Same- sort of. College out of state during the second half of his career, then another 4 years in the Army where I couldn't watch every week.  I saw more of moulds than you, but can relate to having a large blind spot of Bills watching.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

If he got to play with Jim Kelly for 7 plus years when Kelly was prime

He would be a Hall of famer

Mo's talent was unreal.. rivaled only to Terrell Owens and Randy Moss back in the Day

It didn't really have to do with Kelly, he put up legit stats with Flutie and had his best seasons under Bledsoe. He just kinda lost a step sooner than expected. By 2005 which was his last year here, he was pretty much done

24 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

It didn't really have to do with Kelly, he put up legit stats with Flutie and had his best seasons under Bledsoe. He just kinda lost a step sooner than expected. By 2005 which was his last year here, he was pretty much done

Drew bledsoe had one really good season here.. and he was at the tail end of his career

Moulds hardly had competent quarterback play for most of his career 

He had one year of Jim Kelly at the end with nothing left.. a year of Todd Collins with nothing.. 1 year of Alex Van pelt ... Drew bledsoe was a ghost his last year here... And another year of Kelly Holcomb and JP Losman 

That's basically five incompetent years of quarterback play.. and he's still 5 yards short of 10,000 

Let alone the fact of all the number of quarterbacks he played with.. guys like Julio Jones played with one guy their whole career

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 6

6 hours ago, Augie said:

#notatruefan

• Haha (+1) 7

Sorry, but Eric Moulds could’ve been great and the Bills kind of screwed him by not giving him a proper quarterback. Kelly Holcomb, JP Losman, Doug Flutie, (I love Flutie, but he was not a great passer) etc. With a proper QB or even an average one he could’ve been a HOFer. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Back in high school my friends and I used to go to Damon's to watch MNF.  While there one week, we saw this enormous human being with an impressive gold chain on.  We thought to ourselves, this specimen must be on the Bills.  A defensive lineman perhaps, maybe a linebacker.  We finally mustered up the courage to ask him who he was...he said I'm Eric Moulds (our rookie first round pick at the time).  We were absolutely shocked.  We couldn't believe that a person of this size was a WR!  His arms were enormous, he was enormous.  And he was super nice to us as well!  Always loved him

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Eric may have been the best pure athlete to play in Buffalo.  The front office hit a home run when they drafted him but failed to put even an average team on the field for a good part of his career.  I hate to see a great player wasted like that.  I was lucky enough to see most of the home games during his time in Buffalo.  Opponents always gave him a lot of attention but most times it did not matter.  He made contested balls luck easy.

• Agree 1

Arguably the best Bills receiver of all time (if he had a consistent qb)  Still wear my ugly early 2000's Moulds jersey with pride.  Loved that guy.   If anyone hasn't they should check out his highlights on youtube, they have one for every TD Moulds had as a Bill.  Even I had forgotten how spectacular he was.

5 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Eric may have been the best pure athlete to play in Buffalo.  The front office hit a home run when they drafted him but failed to put even an average team on the field for a good part of his career.  I hate to see a great player wasted like that.  I was lucky enough to see most of the home games during his time in Buffalo.  Opponents always gave him a lot of attention but most times it did not matter.  He made contested balls luck easy.

Moulds always reminded me of Terrell Owens. Crisp route runner, amazing hands, and built like a Mack truck. I wish he was drafted in this era, he would’ve been amazing alongside Diggs. He is 5 yards short of a 10k yard career which is a shame. Definitely the most physically imposing Bills receiver of all time. 

Edit: I’m also going to go out on a limb and say that if Moulds had JK throwing to him the way Reed did for most of his career then I could see him being in the argument for the best ever. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1