E Sanders Analysis vs Zone & man Coverage

31 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If Sanders was 8 years younger I’d agree…. 

Actually, if he was 8 years younger you'd instead be whining about how he was just a product of the Steelers offense and trying to find some other reasons to moan about why he'd never be any good here.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Said it multiple times, Sanders is an upgrade over Brown. His hands and route running are far superior. This was a nice breakdown of his game. Thanks OP. :thumbsup:

He may well be an upgrade, but not so much of one, IMO.

A healthy Brown was a very good route runner and his speed put DBs on tenterhooks every play.

Agreed, thanks, OP.

59 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

He may well be an upgrade, but not so much of one, IMO.

A healthy Brown was a very good route runner and his speed put DBs on tenterhooks every play.

Agreed, thanks, OP.

I think this is a fair assessment.  I think Sanders is an upgrade, but not a huge one.  Brown is somewhat faster and younger.  Sanders is a better route runner and better hands, but the age issue is still a question.

12 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Very nice analysis. Sanders aside, the graphic showed that Cole Beasley was #1 in the entire league in Positive Play percentage and EPA/Target! I did not know that.

This is exactly why he won’t be as easily replaced that people think he is. Slot receiver is an underrated position and I feel we haven’t had a good one since Josh Reed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This is exactly why he won’t be as easily replaced that people think he is. Slot receiver is an underrated position and I feel we haven’t had a good one since Josh Reed.

I agree, completely. The Slot WR position in the contemporary landscape of the NFL is crucial to being a productive Offense. So much of what happens in moving the ball and where the rules favor the Offense occurs over the middle and in the near to intermediate distance of the field. I might hate the *Pats, but they really did stand on the curve when it came to guys like Welker and Edelman and used Gronk quite a bit outside / Slot as well. Much to our chagrin, Brady and those guys used the Slot maybe better than any other team on the whole during a prolonged period of time. 

The Bills Offense obviously begins with Josh Allen and the running game needs to provide a better rate of return, but let's not dismiss the significance of the Slot because when we think about key plays for the Bills last year, so many of them occurred in that realm of the field, Cole's incredible 3rd and 20 conversion against the Rams which set up the final comeback is one that jumps to mind. Hopefully, whether the Bills use Cole AND Sanders in a 4-wide set or interchange them or whatever, the Bills will be EVEN better in the slot over the middle, which of course begs the TE question. That's a different topic with some unknown guy in an Eagles jersey....:beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Exactly like when I was whining about Diggs when the Bills traded for him....

Don’t tell us you are seriously disputing that you are an all-time whiner…

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

I agree, completely. The Slot WR position in the contemporary landscape of the NFL is crucial to being a productive Offense. So much of what happens in moving the ball and where the rules favor the Offense occurs over the middle and in the near to intermediate distance of the field. I might hate the *Pats, but they really did stand on the curve when it came to guys like Welker and Edelman and used Gronk quite a bit outside / Slot as well. Much to our chagrin, Brady and those guys used the Slot maybe better than any other team on the whole during a prolonged period of time. 

The Bills Offense obviously begins with Josh Allen and the running game needs to provide a better rate of return, but let's not dismiss the significance of the Slot because when we think about key plays for the Bills last year, so many of them occurred in that realm of the field, Cole's incredible 3rd and 20 conversion against the Rams which set up the final comeback is one that jumps to mind. Hopefully, whether the Bills use Cole AND Sanders in a 4-wide set or interchange them or whatever, the Bills will be EVEN better in the slot over the middle, which of course begs the TE question. That's a different topic with some unknown guy in an Eagles jersey....:beer:

I really couldn’t of said it better myself. If by any chance we LOSE Cole I’m not confident that a guy like McKenzie can fill that void so easily like people think. A guy like Gabe Davis seems more like a perimeter WR than a slot. I like Emmanuel Sanders’ versatility a lot so he would be my choice for a replacement, but nobody does his job like Beasley. You are so right, how many absolutely CLUTCH big boy catches did he make last season? Yes, the Rams game comes to mine. During the “Hail Murray” game he caught a highly inaccurate ball that he had to jump up and ***** out of the air for a crucial 3rd down conversion on the final Bills drive in a game we should’ve won. I’m sure Josh Allen himself would tell people how important he is to the offense 💯

• Like (+1) 1

Thank Yo, OP! Insightful. I’ve wanted him as a Bill for a few years now, but have concerns with age now.. IF he can give us one more good year, Gabe and others may then be ready to start/be the full time 3rd receiver.

Fingers crossed.🤞

• Like (+1) 1