Kawaan Short cleared to play

I hate to say it...but he'll give you a great month of games before that injury gets dinged again.

He has degenerative tears of the rotator cuff, probably genetic, probably exacerbated by the nature of being a defensive tackle. 

Absolutely repairable but results in a pair of fragile shoulders.  

I don't see it happening unless it is a minimum guaranteed deal. I think the Bills would love to bring him into camp and kick the tires but I don't see them giving him any significant money or guarantees. The Bills don't really need another three tech they have two quality options in Oliver and Butler at the three so bringing in Short is only going to log jam the position which also has Star and Harry as one techs and Zimmer tossed in there. But McBeane always loves adding competition so I can't say it is an impossibility either. 

19 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’d love to bring him in and see what he has…..as long as we can sign Steven Nelson too.  That’s the guy we really need imo

100% man. The next addition to the Bills has to be Steven Nelson as long as he's still out there. More than anyone else available, that's the guy who could bump our defense up a level.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

When does Beane pull the trigger on one of these signings. A lot of needy teams looking at these two?

Tbh, I don’t think we’ll sign any of the guys that I’m hoping we land unless they agree to Beanes price, which is likely much lower than their asking price.  

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Tbh, I don’t think we’ll sign any of the guys that I’m hoping we land unless they agree to Beanes price, which is likely much lower than their asking price.  

If that's the case, how do you assess this team's chances with the existing roster?

4 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

If that's the case, how do you assess this team's chances with the existing roster?

This guy on the couch thinks that it’s a new season and anything can happen.  While I knew adding Diggs and Moss would help our offense immensely last season, I didn’t think our passing O would be THAT good out of the gates.  Adding new and improved  talent is one way to improve, while adding new wrinkles to the offensive and defensive playbooks can also have a big impact on a teams success. 

In general, I think we’re one of 9 teams that can potentially win the SB this season.  More specifically, I think we’re the 2nd best team in the league behind KC and ahead of TB.  Like everyone else here, I’m eager to see how this version of our boys look.  I billieve in the process, but I’m really hoping that we can make the most of the remaining cap room

19 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

They do play the same position no? It is not all about making room for 90 but also how many at each position and in case you didn’t notice we do have a bunch of Dlinemen already.

There's no logic to that argument.

They do play the same position.

But yes, it is indeed about making room for the 90. Making room for the 90 and no more is something they have to do. That's why when they bring in a guy and they've got 90 they will have to let someone go beforehand. There is no limit on how many DLs or DTs you can carry on the roster. Which is why if you want to bring in a guy at a position and you would want to cut another guy at that position to make room, if you have less than 90 on the roster, you would wait till your guy has signed the contract before you would cut the old guy.

There is absolutely zero connection between cutting Nazair Jones and bringing in another DT, not unless there are 90 guys already on the roster. And there are not.

It's this simple, they cut Nazair Jones at that time because they wanted to cut Nazair Jones at that time.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

There's no logic to that argument.

They do play the same position.

But yes, it is indeed about making room for the 90. Making room for the 90 and no more is something they have to do. That's why when they bring in a guy and they've got 90 they will have to let someone go beforehand. There is no limit on how many DLs or DTs you can carry on the roster. Which is why if you want to bring in a guy at a position and you would want to cut another guy at that position to make room, if you have less than 90 on the roster, you would wait till your guy has signed the contract before you would cut the old guy.

There is absolutely zero connection between cutting Nazair Jones and bringing in another DT, not unless there are 90 guys already on the roster. And there are not.

It's this simple, they cut Nazair Jones at that time because they wanted to cut Nazair Jones at that time.

Thanks for following up.

Exaggerating so you can see the point I am trying to make - can we have a roster with just 89 DTs? You are still not at 90 - so from your perspective there is no need to release a DT.

Bills current depth at DT - Star, Oliver, Butler, Horrible H, Zimmer, Bryant, Hester, Ankou. 

If you still disagree, fine - but the timing of Jones' release when there is no need to get to 90 strongly suggests one or more of three things:

a. they are happy with the current depth

b. they are bringing in another DT

c. Naz sucks

From a Bayesian perspective, the news of Short being ready and the Panthers connection just increases the odds of it being b.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Better off saving that money for when other teams start trimming their rosters down. TE and corner seem to be way more pertinent than adding another DT.

I think they wait.

and am sure they know whom they can move to PS to fit a Vet.
How much is it Teams set aside usually for the seasons unfortunate injuries ?

3 mil  5 mil ?

• Like (+1) 1

Missed 2 games in his career. Before last 2 seasons and it wasn't same shoulder. Worth more of a tire kick than bust ass butler making 9 mil or aj Klein. Dude was still elite a couple years ago and is rested