Kawaan Short cleared to play

With his injury history over the past couple seasons, it would be a gamble to rely on him to start and take the majority of the snaps. As a rotational piece with Star, he'd be perfect. Especially given our lack of depth at 1-Tech. And our affinity for Carolina Panthers 😛 I'd be surprised if we weren't one of the teams in on this.

2 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

If we do sign Short it has to be poor Harrison Phillips. Only DT left without guaranteed money.....

Zimmer would be done as well.

I have no idea if it would be wise or not to sign Short. Anybody watch him play a lot over the last three years?

San Fran has a great one I wish was a Bill.

I like Harry, but Zimmer gets the edge based on the Cam Newton play. IMO 

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I don't see either being on the roster if we sign Short. Our Interior would be Ed Oliver, Star Lotulelei, Kawann Short, and Vernon Butler. Especially when you consider Jerry Hughes, Mario Addison, Gregory Rousseau, AJ Epenesa, and Carlos Basham are all locks at the End positions and some are pushing for Obada to stay as well.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’d love to bring him in and see what he has…..as long as we can sign Steven Nelson too.  That’s the guy we really need imo

It really is strange that we haven't yet brought in a vet for the LCB job. Even if they love the pair they have, you definitely need a third guy for camp. Not convinced at all Wildgoose is a good third option....

• Agree 1

So Kwame is a 3-tech?!  Should we sign him, what does it say about our starting 3-tech?

Imho, the Bills need a beast in the middle. A big man like Deforest Buckner or Cam Heyward. I know, duh! Of course we need great defenders and those two are two of the best but I would love to see either one in a Bills uni.

or Chris Jones.... He is double help for us taking him off thechefs and on to our team. I'd bet $500.00 even we would beat the chefs if we magically got Jones and they lost him. He is very good and whatwe need. C'mon AJ, Boogie and Groot! Show some special talents this fall. Flashes at least!

1 minute ago, billybrew1 said:

So Kwame is a 3-tech?!  Should we sign him, what does it say about our starting 3-tech?

Imho, the Bills need a beast in the middle. A big man like Deforest Buckner or Cam Heyward. I know, duh! Of course we need great defenders and those two are two of the best but I would love to see either one in a Bills uni.

or Chris Jones.... He is double help for us taking him off thechefs and on to our team. I'd bet $500.00 even we would beat the chefs if we magically got Jones and they lost him. He is very good and whatwe need. C'mon AJ, Boogie and Groot! Show some special talents this fall. Flashes at least!

I think he’s a 1-Tech now.  I believe he’s bigger than his listed weight of 315 lbs now.

4 hours ago, snamsnoops said:

I have been told Zimmer is our new FB! HAHA

I thought we were all rooting for Gilliam!

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Zimmer has Kyle Williams-esque athleticism

Still too worried about running out of weapons like we did last year. I also think Knox will always have, "ball" problems....

while I am positive the Bills D probably needs that blue-chipper along the D-line, I don't think KS is the guy. Give me Zach Ertz instead.

Having said that, honestly, I really have no idea as to what KS can bring to this D? Even Kyle Williams disappeared playing in it. What about that???

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

With his injury history over the past couple seasons, it would be a gamble to rely on him to start and take the majority of the snaps. As a rotational piece with Star, he'd be perfect. Especially given our lack of depth at 1-Tech. And our affinity for Carolina Panthers 😛 I'd be surprised if we weren't one of the teams in on this.

But he played with Star, not the same position I am told. I guess KS is a three-tech more than anything else.

Can I get some confirmation on this?

Ithink we need the bruising 1-tech more.....

35 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Still too worried about running out of weapons like we did last year. I also think Knox will always have, "ball" problems....

while I am positive the Bills D probably needs that blue-chipper along the D-line, I don't think KS is the guy. Give me Zach Ertz instead.

Having said that, honestly, I really have no idea as to what KS can bring to this D? Even Kyle Williams disappeared playing in it. What about that???

I think it will be difficult to bring in a blue chip DL unless they are on the downhill side of their career. Any DL who is looking for top money on the free agent market will not come here for 50% of the defensive snaps. The only way they come is if they accept below market contracts given out lower snap count and want a chance to win. So I see in our future at DL a mix of older vets and draftee's and us hopefully squeezing out a good year or two from the older group and catching a ride with a young stud for a while.

That said, it seems like a match with us if Short is willing to accept our offer, if we even made one. Our only issue is that we are really pretty stocked with DL now.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think he’s a 1-Tech now.  I believe he’s bigger than his listed weight of 315 lbs now.

Oh! I didn't know that.....

Seeing on how he is a panther, he'll probably end up a Bill.....

3 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Who's Kwame?

9 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Nice catch Yolo. Did Beane have a preview of the Short news while releasing DT Nazair Jones 3 days ago? There is a good chance Beane is in early on anything Panthers related.

We can be sure that Nazair Jones and the Kawann Short news had nothing to do with each other.

Cutting Jones put us three players below the limit instead of two. And Jones was a vet min guy. The Bills get no advantage whatsoever in picking up Short from cutting Jones.

Short's more of a 3-tech. He's a penetrator, not a space-eater. Got a nice first step.

It's theoretically possible that they could plug him in as a pass-rushing 1-tech on 3rd downs, I guess. But IMO they've got guys to do that, particularly if they occasionally platoon Basham and Rousseau inside on pass rush downs.

I think he fits this scheme as a 3-tech like a glove, but not as a 1-tech.

Money, injuries and the crowd at the position are all issues. I doubt it.

We'll see.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

We can be sure that Nazair Jones and the Kawann Short news had nothing to do with each other.

Cutting Jones put us three players below the limit instead of two. And Jones was a vet min guy. The Bills get no advantage whatsoever in picking up Short from cutting Jones.

They do play the same position no? It is not all about making room for 90 but also how many at each position and in case you didn’t notice we do have a bunch of Dlinemen already.