Kawaan Short cleared to play

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

His connections to McDermott, the DL coach, like 1/2 our DL… seems like a possibility 

Not to mention we are a SB favorite..... I gotta confess, I never watched him play.....On another thread, I just daydreamed that it was the Bills who got Deforest Buckner from the forty-niners..... Did Short ever resemble DB? What kind of player is he? Now and at his best? What position does he play exactly?

Give me Deforest (or Chris Jones away from the chefs) and I will give you a Super Bowl trophy.....

I'd take that DT on the stealers as well....or their end....Watt. I think either one puts us over the top.

What can Short do for us?

Anybody?

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Vernon Butler would be my guess. Especially with Star coming back I think he is expendable.

Nah, I think his cash is guaranteed like Addison's, no ?

How many DT's do they normally keep?  We have 8 on the roster right now, but I think they only keep 5 on the 53 - could be wrong on that.

Star and Oliver are safe.  Ankou, Bryant and Hester won't make it, so that leaves Butler, Phillips, Zimmer (and possibly Short) to battle it out for the last 2 or 3 DT spots.

If we do sign Short it has to be poor Harrison Phillips. Only DT left without guaranteed money.....

Zimmer would be done as well.

I have no idea if it would be wise or not to sign Short. Anybody watch him play a lot over the last three years?

28 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Are there ANY FBs left in the league??  🤪

San Fran has a great one I wish was a Bill.

Short and Star were drafted back to back by Gettlemen.

Over his career, Short was the better player. His ability to disrupt the middle of the pocket was excellent.

However, a shoulder injury is a big deal at that position. I’d like to see Beane kick the tires but the Bills need to do a serious physical investigation on that shoulder before signing him. 

Star and Short, healthy, playing together for a SB is exactly what this D needs. We are in win now mode and they would help immensely.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Blainorama5 said:

Juszczyk is a good one.  Did San Fran resign him?

Short was a beast before his shoulder issues!

On Mar 15, 2021:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/kyle-juszczyk-12411/

Kyle Juszczyk signed a 5 year, $27,000,000 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including a $4,000,000 signing bonus, $10,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $5,400,000. In 2021, Juszczyk will earn a base salary of $1,075,000, a signing bonus of $4,000,000 and a roster bonus of $400,000, while carrying a cap hit of $2,275,000 and a dead cap value of $7,445,000.

• Thank you (+1) 1